Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » sac last wed. night

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: sac last wed. night
7.3L White Whale
¯
Member # 1848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7.3L White Whale  Ford pictures for 7.3L White Whale    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i went with the excursion again and much to my disappointment, i got to watch a bunch of retarded ricers run around like kids who just got off the short bus. Aside from Blue thunder from norcal ls1's ss and rou2sh (sp?) cars, there wasn't any exciting domestics. Are wednesdays always like that? The excursion ran an 18.1, so I'm still 2/10 off that 17.9 im hoping for. Got to bracket race for the first time and got the pride of rou2sh breaking out first round and getting to tell people i beat a supercharged built up 4.6 in my moms excursion. Wouldve been cooler without all the retarded ricers running around.

--------------------
444 cubic inches and a 105mm turbo.

2001 gt.... sold

02 wrx... shits in the works

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 7.3L White Whale:
i went with the excursion again and much to my disappointment, i got to watch a bunch of retarded ricers run around like kids who just got off the short bus. Aside from Blue thunder from norcal ls1's ss and rou2sh (sp?) cars, there wasn't any exciting domestics. Are wednesdays always like that? The excursion ran an 18.1, so I'm still 2/10 off that 17.9 im hoping for. Got to bracket race for the first time and got the pride of rou2sh breaking out first round and getting to tell people i beat a supercharged built up 4.6 in my moms excursion. Wouldve been cooler without all the retarded ricers running around.

The "retarded ricers" are always there. You have to learn to block them out like all the rest of us have. They are actually good for a laugh every now and again [Wink]

High performance domestics are deffinately out numbered out there by the ever multiplying rice croud. But why shouldn't it be like that? Itsn't it easier to take your moms civic, throw a fart can muffler, can opener wing and decals all over and pay cheap car insurance all while driving a 16 second car? [Razz]

[ July 14, 2003, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wish my '95 Neon auto could get into the 16's...

[Frown]

Any good high school fights? Gotta love that tough crowd.

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey jim!! I will race my Focus against your Neon!! I will even leave on the AC!! Its all its good for anyways!!LOL

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
sac-hrsepowr
¯
Member # 3031

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac-hrsepowr  Ford pictures for sac-hrsepowr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I enjoy the wed night races, there is a little bit
of every type of car out there. Although I think it is stupid to have a car that has more stickers
than horsepower they have grown to have a pretty big group out there on wed and at the street races
on the weekend. I wish there was just a bigger showing of stangs out at the races.
P.S. 1.8 liters is the size of a soda not a engine [burnout]

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I totally stopped going on Wed for 2 reasons..

#1 Too many 16sec morons

#2 Crap for track prep

But I got bored so I figure why not go out and race some of them morons in my 15sec ride. Hahaha

Traction is not a problem in the tank!

[ July 14, 2003, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: F8LPONY ]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
7.3L White Whale
¯
Member # 1848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7.3L White Whale  Ford pictures for 7.3L White Whale    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If i hear vtec one more time im gunna vomit. Towards the end of the night i took some shoe polish and wrote " SCREW VTEC " on the side of the huge ass rear window. When i pulled to the front of the lanes i thought i was gunna get jumped. All i heard was 'hella nah foo' and 'ahh shit that bro dont know whats up'. It made me laugh for a sec. Heres some advice a dude witha 15 second turboeds plymouth lazer told me to do:
"Dude if u wanna hit 17s turn ur a/c 1 click on, the pump wont spin so u dont need to worry about drag, but ur fan will turn on and cool ur engine"
There was also an asian kid with a yellow prelude with matching fubu gear that kept chirping the tires every time he moved in the lanes, trying to indicate that he thought he was fast. what did he run yup a 16.4. Everytime u ask a ricer what they run add a second. I could see 16.8 dial ins and they said theyd normally run 15.2s [Mad] [BS flag]

--------------------

2001 gt.... sold

RO2USH
¯
Member # 2002

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RO2USH  Ford pictures for RO2USH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That was pretty interesting that night...like you said man...heard some crazy shit coming out of some kids mouths. And yes, you can say you beat me...although I did run a 12.999 on a 13.0 dial. I think that's as close as I have ever got to actually hitting my dial in. Hopefully see you out there tomorrow night. Wed. nights are good for nothing less than a few good laughs.

Eric

--------------------
2002 Roush FR500
2004 Cobra
1965 GT 350 Clone
2003 Ducati 999

Posts: 286 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
FMOS Racing
¯
Member # 306

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FMOS Racing  Ford pictures for FMOS Racing  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went to the CMI fall drags last year in my POS '93 Probe GT - A car that gets NO respect from the rice crowd.

I made 31 passes on the test-n-tune Saturday and won 27 of them vs no end of tweaked GSRs, Preludes and Civics. I thought it was hilarious. They all wanted to know if I had a turbo on it or "nawzzz." Nope, just a stock-sized cat-back and a cone filter. [Wink]

14.9s to 15.1s aint too shab for a Ford-badged rice mobile. [Big Grin]

I didn't realize Wednesday nights had become rice night - they rarely show up for the grudge races. I'll have to bring the POS back up on Wednesday and hand out some beat downs.

--------------------
Later!
Jeff
'95 Lightning - 11s
'93 Lightning - 10s
'93 Probe GT - 14s
'03 IS300 - 15.0s

Posts: 32 | From: East Bay, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
PSYCHORAM
¯
Member # 2000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PSYCHORAM  Ford pictures for PSYCHORAM  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
i went with the excursion

I got a diesel too....wanna race? [burnout]
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PSYCHORAM:
quote:
i went with the excursion

I got a diesel too....wanna race? [burnout]
Come on Jake, play nice [Razz]

--------------------
AED

7.3L White Whale
¯
Member # 1848

are you the guy with that green ram that supposedly runs like 13 flats?

--------------------

2001 gt.... sold

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
are you the guy with that green ram that supposedly runs like 13 flats?

LOL, you can take that "supposedly" part and throw it out the window.

But yeah, Jake's your man [patriot]

--------------------
AED

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com