Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Any pics or vids of me going sideways down the track?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Any pics or vids of me going sideways down the track?
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am unable to get the .wmv video's to work for me but I was wondering if there were any action vids of my traction problems. Anybody get any photo's of it? Going to visit my brother next week and wanted to show him.
Thanks

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's all in my head. Your the reason I sit at the end of the track. [Smile]

--------------------
Support our troops!

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any way you can get that transferred to video? [Big Grin]

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can explain it to you in a story if you like. [Big Grin]

[ June 25, 2003, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: 91sleeper ]

--------------------
Support our troops!

90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtverrt  Ford pictures for 90gtverrt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think Rob has some video of you going down the track.

Check his post about videos.

Mike

Posts: 1199 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:

That might not be a bad idea since I probably will never get to view the existing video's. Start from the top...... [Smile]

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
quote:

That might not be a bad idea since I probably will never get to view the existing video's. Start from the top...... [Smile]
Well as I am sitting in the bleachers at the end of the track eating my jumbo hot dog watching my buddy pull wheelies on his little Honda Fifty I turn quickly towards the track. I see the distinct fox body parking lights start coming towards me really quickly. I grab a drink of my ice cold coke mean while noticing the fat scoop for the intercooler under the front bumper pointed right at me realizing who it was

I look at my buddy sitting next to me and say: Jumbo hot dog $3.50, Large Coke $2.50, seeing John91Coupe sideways at 100mph, Priceless [Big Grin]

--------------------
Support our troops!

90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtverrt  Ford pictures for 90gtverrt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Watching your car go down the track getting sidewayz at 700ft out [worship] [worship] [burnout] [Whoo Whooooo!]

That was nutz! [Eek!]

John when i get home tonight ill try and convert it for you.

Mike

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
quote:

Well as I am sitting in the bleachers at the end of the track eating my jumbo hot dog watching my buddy pull wheelies on his little Honda Fifty I turn quickly towards the track. I see the distinct fox body parking lights start coming towards me really quickly. I grab a drink of my ice cold coke mean while noticing the fat scoop for the intercooler under the front bumper pointed right at me realizing who it was

I look at my buddy sitting next to me and say: Jumbo hot dog $3.50, Large Coke $2.50, seeing John91Coupe sideways at 100mph, Priceless [Big Grin]

[worship] [worship] [patriot]

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If anybody gets me a VHS or 8mm tape I can convert them into high-quality 30 fp/sec 1.5 mb/sec MPEG-1 or higher if you're willing to deal with larger files.
(I can do mpeg-II if you want DVD quality, basically shows you the quality of the camera it was shot from but *major* file sizes, like 15 mb/sec)

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

91sleeper,
Very nice, I like it!

Mike,
If you can convert it that would be fantastic. I'd owe you one.

shade-tree,
That would be great also.

Thanks guys!

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where is the file, I can convert it quickly? Someone tell me where I can get it.

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

John i didnt have the video of you going down the track on any of those. Do you know wich ones had you in it by chance?

Mike

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Mike,

No, I don't but was hoping someone would have it....maybe not. Thanks for checking yours out though. Just might have to savor the description from 91sleeper.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

I got an idea!

Lets me and you go to the track on on the 5th for grudge......

And you let me drive the car! And you can see for yourself the traction problems!!! [Eek!]

Lol

p.s. rob was supposed to send me a CD so i will see if there is something on there.

Mike

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

OMG Mike, why didn't I think of that? Uh, just remembered, I will be in PA during that week.

LOL! There must be a simplier and more safe way to do this. Maybe Rob's CD will work out.

Thanks again...

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com