Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » another Pony vs. GM gruge race ? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: another Pony vs. GM gruge race ?
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:

next somebody's going to tell me that the "fast" LS1's are all running again [patriot]

R&D is a bitch! Hahaha

Ohh well, think I got it this time around.

But I'm not one of the fast ones, I'm just kinda quick for a lowered street car [Smile]

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 12sec_Stock Freak:

or a few 11 sec heads cam LS1's a few 10 sec cars heads, cam small shot cars ther wont be any one there fast [Roll Eyes]

Forgive me if I sound rude, but how many 10 second heads/cam/"small shot" LS1's should I be expecting at the next grudge match?

I will be taking notes, lol. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I doubt we will all be back by May 31st but pretty close to that date there should be 4 of us. Soon after there will be another and whoever buys Postal's car will have a high 9 capable car. The # of cars in the low 12's and 11's is getting scary though.

We still can't compete with the big dogs here then again most of the big dogs here dont post much at all.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Big dogs are too busy racing to post much [Wink] They enjoy the racing part more than the 'taking about racing on the internet' part.... which explains why they're the big dogs [worship]

I'm talking with 12sec_Stock Freak via PM's about organizing something. What date works best for you guys? Keep in mind date conflicts with the big June 28 car show we're having.

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Keep in mind date conflicts with the big June 28 car show we're having.

Perfect! The show car crowd can have their fun and the racers can have more runs.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To think all the time you spent painting brakets under your hood green won't go apreciated at the shows [Frown] [Wink] [Big Grin]
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
To think all the time you spent painting brakets under your hood green won't go apreciated at the shows [Frown] [Wink] [Big Grin]

Yeah, that's why I spent 10 minutes using a spray bomb. To impress people that like to look at cars standing still w/ the motor off. You caught me, Sherlock. Damn.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

So who were you trying to impress with the racing pedals and racing seatbelt shoulder pads? [Razz] j/k I'll quit hijacking this thread now [burnout]
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
So who were you trying to impress with the racing pedals and racing seatbelt shoulder pads? [Razz] j/k I'll quit hijacking this thread now [burnout]

Nobody. They are there for functional reasons. The pedals look like crap. But I don't slip off the clutch pedal anymore. The pads were for the 12 hour round trip to Palmdale.
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok, explain the smoked/clear/whatever taillights and the painted brake calipers and the painted steel rims [Razz]

(I'll explain the chrome fuel pressure cup on my hood in a retort if necessary [patriot] )

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
ok, explain the smoked/clear/whatever taillights and the painted brake calipers and the painted steel rims [Razz]

(I'll explain the chrome fuel pressure cup on my hood in a retort if necessary [patriot] )

I like the tail light lenses on the green car, same for the cheap cop rims w/ rattle can body color, and my calipers are sill dirty grey.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

The date of JUNE 14th is being floated out there now. What do you guys think? Speak up [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ April 15, 2003, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
The date of JUNE 12th is being floated out there now. What do you guys think? Speak up [Whoo Whooooo!]

I'm free to spectate that day [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
me too [dance]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Fast472Mach1
¯
Member # 2559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast472Mach1  Ford pictures for Fast472Mach1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll explain the chrome fuel pressure cup on my hood in a retort if necessary [patriot] )[/QB][/QUOTE]
hmmm...this is to appaling for words

--------------------
11.7@116 1.7 60ft. N/A
11.4@124 1.9 60ft. 100NX

Posts: 639 | From: Laguna West | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
The date of JUNE 12th is being floated out there now. What do you guys think? Speak up [Whoo Whooooo!]

Should be good for me. I will probably stay on the street tires too.
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
redc5: id like to line up with you that day

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Request denied.
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I should be ready to go by June [burnout]

Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Count me in. I should be giving some of the low 12second cars a run [Wink]
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TheBrain:

Brian

I fixed my studs, swear to god I won't run into you or the wall [Big Grin]

can I get a run with ya?

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Fixed? As in replaced? [Eek!]
12sec_Stock Freak
¯
Member # 1580

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 12sec_Stock Freak  Ford pictures for 12sec_Stock Freak    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey i said the 14th not th 12th there is no race on the 12 of june but the 14th of june it is on if that date is cool with all you guys ten lets lock it down and make it offical

--------------------
Best ET (bonestock): 12.66 Best MPH: 111.98 Best 60': 1.967
2002 dyno: 327.1 rwhp 343.2 rwtq - bonestock
Winner GM West Coast Shootout - Stock Radial Tire class, 2002[/size]

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TheBrain:

Brian

I fixed my studs, swear to god I won't run into you or the wall [Big Grin]

can I get a run with ya?

LOL
Sure, I'll run ya. Your choice, on or off the bottle or BOTH [Big Grin]

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Fixed? As in replaced? [Eek!]

yes, as in replaced. 7 out of 8 are brand new.
got the right lugs, lesson learned.

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com