Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Silver SC 3.8 V6 11.959et 113.047mph we did it (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Silver SC 3.8 V6 11.959et 113.047mph we did it
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats fuggin quick. ill sell you and extra two cylinders and get you into the 9's. ineterested?

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hardcore, man!

so this is a drag-only car, or do you drive it on the street without exhaust too?

--------------------
98 Cobra
83 Notch rolling chassis - fs

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
Originally posted by Fast477Mach1:
As for the question of exhaust, it doesnt have any by the sound of it

That was the point [Big Grin]
yeah i was basically saying, 'put exhaust on it and see how it runs'

J's 4AXLR8N, that is exactly the size motor i have and it's been primered for the last two or three years and will stay that way for quite a few more, why do you ask?

rob, it has plates but the last registration sticker was from like 2001.

Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE King Cobra  Ford pictures for THE King Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CHRIS M- hey bro, i have raced you, fuck ur quick. It was last year around this time I think. You came up to me from King rd onto Tully rd in S.J. The car looked like shit so i thought u were just a slow 289, but then u took me hard and at the light u said it was a 302 and then we raced again and u said it was really a 408. We exchanged numbers in the end. Damn I cant believe that was u. I have white 96 Cobra with a air scoop located in the front right bottom of the car, im the only car with that on it.

[patriot]

--------------------
RPM Racing Team
-96 Cobra. HCI MOTORSPORTS block
-More cops in the family = more write-offs
508 RWHP @10.0lbs @6100 RPM..wait till I hit 8K RPM's

Posts: 315 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Chris M.
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think that was me. I wouldn't have said it's a 302. This time last year my motor was laying in my garage in pieces.
THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE King Cobra  Ford pictures for THE King Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Then there must be another guy w/a primered looking old school stang with a 408 running around on the streets. When did u drop ur motor in? Have u ever came out to S.J to race?

[patriot]

--------------------
RPM Racing Team

Chris M.
Member # 1708

i put my motor in november 2001, it ran for an hour because coast high performance gave me incorrect dist gear info. I pulled it out, tore it apart rebuilt it and had it running again around feb for 2 hours, the computer took a shit.
Bought new headers, had the computer fixed, and got it running again in may.
Blew up the rear end first night out, took it to a shop to be mini tubbed and got it back in july.
superchager took a shit in september, rebuilt the motor, ported the heads and finally got it running again last month.

I'm sure it wasn't me because I don't race at stoplights, i just started going down to san jose again in the last month or so (i used to go down there in 2000). I also wouldn't have tried to race a 96-98 cobra.

THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

Well u've answered my question then, my bad, I thought u were that person. Well either way u car sounds like it has alot of balls, good job. Maybe i'll race u for fun when i get my motor built in June or July. I might have some heat for u then. hahaha. either way my bad. U ever gonna come down to San Jose anytime in the next few weeks, might want to see ur car in action.

[patriot]

--------------------
RPM Racing Team

Chris M.
Member # 1708

i was down there two sat nights ago, last fri night and last sat night.

Soon it'll be tuned and then i'll be able to race it.

THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

Dont mean to get nossy but what do u think ur running 1/4mile time and HP with that 408? Have a friend thats debating about getting a 408 or 347.

[patriot]

--------------------
RPM Racing Team

Chris M.
Member # 1708

351 block is WAY stronger than a 302 block. The weight isn't much of a penalty and the wider block makes valve cover removal much much easier. and the dist to fuel rail clearence is better also.

I'm planning on running in the 10s on 91 octane. It's nothing crazy, just a fun car to cruise around with. I chose the 408 mainly because of the huge amounts of bottom end torque that the 4" stroke gives you. It makes the car so much fun to drive.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bet the primer paint job, that horrid dash, and the black smoke make it great fun probably huh? [Razz]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Chris M.
Member # 1708

i don't need my a/f gauge anymore, time to find something to take it's place... how about intake air temp?
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How 'bout a "REAL" o2 sensor? Doesn't your DFI datalog the air intake temp?

[ April 08, 2003, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: Jeff S ]

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get your own thread, bastards

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chris M.:
351 block is WAY stronger than a 302 block. The weight isn't much of a penalty

actually I disagree on both points.

a simple latemodel EFI 302 will handle 500 rwhp.

a latemodel hyd-roller 351 will handle 600 rwhp.

the early '69 era castings about another 100 rwhp, the "sportsman" 351 block they sell is the same thing basically.

The 351w weighs about 80#'s more than the 302, and exactly where you don't want the weight.

Don't get me wrong--- I want to swap to a 351 as well, but it's not WAAAY stronger, and it is MUCH heavier.

don't tell me a aluminum headed battery-relocated 351w weighs about the same upfront as a iron-headed stock battery location 302.

Compare to an aluminum headed, battery-relocated 302 [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Chris M.
Member # 1708

that's like saying "don't buy a blower because it weighs 50lbs, and definitly don't buy an intercooler because that's another 30-40, right where you don't want it"

the BLOCK isn't the big issue, it's the pinter ass 7/16 head bolts that the 302 uses which i hate. you can torque 1/2 studs so much more. it comes in handy when you have a lot of cyl preassure.

in the end 80bls is easily made up by 50+ extra cubic inches and yes the block is stronger. the end.

Blown Mystic, this thread was done a long time ago.

Jeff, i'm not spending $900 for an o2 sensor.
The dfi computer also logs rpm... should i get rid of my tach?

Procharged2Kv6
¯
Member # 1563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Procharged2Kv6  Ford pictures for Procharged2Kv6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First of Jim, i just wanna say Congrats.. when i saw the post Silver SC.. i was like, "whoa, thats like my car.." but wait.. 11sec.. it can't be me.. wow! i'm so jealous.. how did u do it?? i have a procharger and i'm running around 295rwhp ... that's pretty much it.. is your car smog legal..? where did u get it tuned, i have a 2000 V6 and i have no place to get it tuned to really upgrade my car... right now, i'm expecting like mid 13s.. but 11s.. that is CRRAZY!?!?! how did u do it.. you gotta tell me u're recipe.. what's ur setup up.. sorry if im all over this thread but a V6 hitting 11s.. now that's heaven.. and its a CA car..

-where did u get ur car tuned? can they tune my car?
-what's your setup?
-and how does your block stand all that power, you must have forged internals..

CONGRATS!!! [Smile]

--------------------
2006 C6 Victory Red
Manual 6 Speed
Stock, For Now!

*SOLD*2003 Cobra Vert
*SOLD*Supercharged V6 Stang
(11PSI)

Posts: 579 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Jim Demmitt Jr.
¯
Member # 2440

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Demmitt Jr.  Ford pictures for Jim Demmitt Jr.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Procharged2Kv6 :-)
Thank you so much no tuned computer or chip block is stock with main support.heads are ported Magnum powers blower Eaton M90.type 85MM throttle body 80MM mass air sencer AOD with 2500 stall converter

I have my car info on the www.SCCoA.com web site under members and Top SC's we will be at Sac-racway Friday Nights trying for 11.50's hope to see you there thanks again

Bob Johnson Performance built my motor he can help you (916)481-9263

[ April 08, 2003, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Jim Demmitt Jr. ]

--------------------
Jim Demmitt Racing Web Page Pro Stock,A/FX,Super Stock,Pro Mod http://fordflashback.com/jd_fords.asp
NHRA T/S 7360

Posts: 49 | From: Pollock Pines CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
Procharged2Kv6
¯
Member # 1563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Procharged2Kv6  Ford pictures for Procharged2Kv6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so all your mods are basically:

-stock BLOCK
-Eaton Supercharger
-Ported Heads
-85mm TB
-80mm MAF
-2500 Stall Converter..

*i too have an automatic and was wondering what kind of stall i should get.. like a 3,000 stall..

you also said you had no chip/ no tune.. how is that?? i might have misunderstood what you said.. but yah, if you do get tuned..where do you get your car dynotuned at?? thanks Jim for your patience and your help..
is you're motor, stock motor ... ??? 3.8 OHV stock motor?? if so, how much rwhp/ rwTQ are you running??

what is a "bob johnson short block" ??? how much did that run you...

Sorry for all the questions...

[ April 08, 2003, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Procharged2Kv6 ]

--------------------
2006 C6 Victory Red
Manual 6 Speed
Stock, For Now!

*SOLD*2003 Cobra Vert
*SOLD*Supercharged V6 Stang
(11PSI)

Posts: 579 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
that's like saying "don't buy a blower because it weighs 50lbs, and definitly don't buy an intercooler because that's another 30-40, right where you don't want it"

Apples to Oranges bro.

*IF* and only *IF* you are using the block's capacity is this argument even relevant.

Obviously a power adder is worth it's weight, but a 351's extra 80 pounds does shit for you if it's making ~300 rwhp.

--------------------

Jim Demmitt Jr.
¯
Member # 2440

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Demmitt Jr.  Ford pictures for Jim Demmitt Jr.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We tune it by fuel pressure.
Never ben Dyno tuned just track time block is a 3.8 supercharged stock stroke and bore.I have an Lintech AOD lockout valve body solid input shaft

We have a lot of money in the motor air intercooler 15% overdrive special grind cam I get 18lbs of boost got a 1.6360ft time do you run at Sac? we can meet up and talk I run there Friday Nights hope to see you there

--------------------
Jim Demmitt Racing Web Page Pro Stock,A/FX,Super Stock,Pro Mod http://fordflashback.com/jd_fords.asp
NHRA T/S 7360

Posts: 49 | From: Pollock Pines CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
Chris M.
Member # 1708

quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
quote:

Apples to Oranges bro.

*IF* and only *IF* you are using the block's capacity is this argument even relevant.

Obviously a power adder is worth it's weight, but a 351's extra 80 pounds does shit for you if it's making ~300 rwhp.

why would anyone do that?

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com