Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Grudge night results (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Grudge night results
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who cares how much it cost? win light is a winlight [Razz]

(I'm just happy the losing car wasn't a stang [Big Grin] )

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

treynor
¯
Member # 1854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for treynor  Ford pictures for treynor  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
> yes that was my friend rorys stock ls1 you "smoked" congrats

Actually, my wife did the "smoking"that round [Big Grin]

All in all, we both won some and lost some that evening. I think I was 50/50 against Mustangs, of various ilks, but most of the time I was concentrating on driving rather than on who I was racing, so that figure could be off.

--------------------
Cheers, Ben

Posts: 55 | From: Los Altos CA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maybe i put the question of price to close to my complaining about a loss. Let me try again because ive never seen a benz like that.

How much do those run?

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

treynor
¯
Member # 1854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for treynor  Ford pictures for treynor  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
> How much do those run?

Err... about $2K/month.

--------------------
Cheers, Ben

Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the 11.9 pass Ben. I knew you could do it. As soon as I saw you light up 1.8 60' I yelled out "11.9". Too bad I left my camcorder in the car. [Frown]
treynor
¯
Member # 1854

Thanks Peter - I'm disappointed I didn't get it on tape, but there will be others. I was hotlapping for that pass; I imagine it's got a bit more in it with a good cool-down.

Going back for grudge night on 4/12?

--------------------
Cheers, Ben

Fast472Mach1
¯
Member # 2559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast472Mach1  Ford pictures for Fast472Mach1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So did anyone see what looked like a GT350 run. If so what was up with that car it was kicking ass all night but getting off the line a little slow. Whats in that thing (engine & suspension)

--------------------
11.7@116 1.7 60ft. N/A
11.4@124 1.9 60ft. 100NX

Posts: 639 | From: Laguna West | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Andrew WOT
¯
Member # 1249

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew WOT  Ford pictures for Andrew WOT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That was a great night. Arrived an hour late and managed 14 runs, could have more if wasn't skipping some.
Ran my new best 13.36@102.678, that's 98 NA Auto GT with PI headswap, hope that good tranny programming by fordchip guys will shave an extra tenth or two.

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew WOT:
That was a great night. Arrived an hour late and managed 14 runs, could have more if wasn't skipping some.
Ran my new best 13.36@102.678, that's 98 NA Auto GT with PI headswap, hope that good tranny programming by fordchip guys will shave an extra tenth or two.

Wow Nice time! What was your 60ft?
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Andrew WOT
¯
Member # 1249

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew WOT  Ford pictures for Andrew WOT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks, 1.85 60' on BFG DR.
Mark, are you planing to do some cams? There is GP on new billet Comp Cams going on on the corral. Very tempting.

93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship]
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew WOT:
Thanks, 1.85 60' on BFG DR.
Mark, are you planing to do some cams? There is GP on new billet Comp Cams going on on the corral. Very tempting.

I'm putting in a new tranny, LTs, O/R X and a spec II clutch. Cams are out for a while. But they are in my future plans.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by My01Stang:
Dudes, Only 40 cars showed up. I think I got somewhere around 15 runs in. Thanks to Bunchmyfunky for letting me borrow his ET Streets.

The fastest I drove my car was:

60 ft: 1.76
ET: 12.4
MPH: 108

Ikes run:

60 ft: 1.72
ET: 12.19
MPH: 112.4

Then comes along the driver..."DREW" On the last run of the night [worship] [worship]

60 ft: 1.65
ET: 12.04
MPH: 112.7

I couldn't believe it. Oh yeah guess what....I picked some 3.73s tonight. They should be in by Friday [Big Grin] Drew commented that he should of been in the 11.xxx, but I had too much gas in the car [Mad]

Man, I am one happy guy. Look out 11s here I come. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Oh one last thing, my wife jumped in and took it down the track. It was her first time...

60ft: 2.5
ET: 13.6
MPH:105.5

hey alright Elwin!! your car running strong. looks like i missed a great night of action there. [patriot]
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
I guess it was my night. [Smile]

On the way to the track some honda POS reved on me....some guy with his GF I think. I reved back & she flashed me! [Eek!]

Then Drew pulls off that run with a bogging 60ft....& on the way home 2 chics in an LS1 asked to go for a ride. [Big Grin]

But the absolute BEST part of the night......no broken parts!

Here's Drew's run. BTW, this is by the seat of his pants. Tach & shiftlight are non-functional at the moment.

60ft: 1.899
330ft: 4.991
1/8th: 7.515 @ 98.6mph
1/4: 11.508 @ 124.888 [worship]

Time to up the boost to 10 maybe??? Perhaps drop the front swaybar & slap on a set of skinnies & slicks??? Nahhh.....it's just a weak-nuts street-car. [Razz]
[patriot]

wow Shaun, thats some seriously fast street car [Eek!] looks like all that cam swapping has payed off. see you soon.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com