Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Grudge night results (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Grudge night results
My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for My01Stang  Ford pictures for My01Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dudes, Only 40 cars showed up. I think I got somewhere around 15 runs in. Thanks to Bunchmyfunky for letting me borrow his ET Streets.

The fastest I drove my car was:

60 ft: 1.76
ET: 12.4
MPH: 108

Ikes run:

60 ft: 1.72
ET: 12.19
MPH: 112.4

Then comes along the driver..."DREW" On the last run of the night [worship] [worship]

60 ft: 1.65
ET: 12.04
MPH: 112.7

I couldn't believe it. Oh yeah guess what....I picked some 3.73s tonight. They should be in by Friday [Big Grin] Drew commented that he should of been in the 11.xxx, but I had too much gas in the car [Mad]

Man, I am one happy guy. Look out 11s here I come. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Oh one last thing, my wife jumped in and took it down the track. It was her first time...

60ft: 2.5
ET: 13.6
MPH:105.5

[ March 29, 2003, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: My01Stang ]

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2004 Harley Heritage Softail Classic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

Posts: 321 | From: Summerville, SC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWICK46  Ford pictures for QWICK46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hehe, Elwin I beat you home & to the computer by only two minutes, and you have to drive clear to Dixon, while I'm in Sac. I saw you run, and saw that 12.19 run, but not Drew's. I can't wait to see your car consistently in the 11s. [worship]

--------------------
Michael
'02 GT ~ sold for a Big, Slow Dodge Ram
'03 SV650S
'04 R1100S ~ The daily driver

My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for My01Stang  Ford pictures for My01Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mike, you don't need to do too much more and you'll be in the low 13s. Great seeing you tonight. Hope to see you out there soon.

Elwin

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats, but I'm kinda disapointed. Drew only beat your MPH by .3 MPH. I've come to expect the usual 1-2 MPH over the owners best trap speed. I think he's starting to slip [Big Grin]
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Congrats, but I'm kinda disapointed. Drew only beat your MPH by .3 MPH. I've come to expect the usual 1-2 MPH over the owners best trap speed. I think he's starting to slip [Big Grin]

This is SO SO true. I was scared to actually LAUNCH Elwins car with the stock gears and clutch. But then I heard that Ike went ahead and did it so I figured I could give it a shot. I'm not sure why I couldn't get more MPH out of Elwins car though. I must be losing my touch.

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWICK46  Ford pictures for QWICK46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[/qb][/QUOTE]I must be losing my touch.[/QB][/QUOTE]

I found that statement funny.

You got 3 tenths and 2 mph more out of my car on the same night. So either you're losing your touch, or I'm a terrible driver. Maybe a little of both? [Wink]

--------------------
Michael
'02 GT ~ sold for a Big, Slow Dodge Ram
'03 SV650S
'04 R1100S ~ The daily driver

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I could had run it one more time when it was a little colder out I think I would of had it where drew was!!! [Wink] But we did run the shit out of it and it needed a long rest!!!!
Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
z ya
¯
Member # 1327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z ya  Ford pictures for z ya    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the new best time! I saw your car run and it looked very strong man. Good luck on getting your 11's!
Posts: 414 | From: stockton,ca | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Spellbound
¯
Member # 1553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbound  Ford pictures for Spellbound    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn Drew, we had a good race [Cool]
r/t 610-----------592
60' 1.656---------1.664
4.937---------4.792
7.685---------7.494
89.694--------90.825
10.034--------9.826
12.04@112.7-------11.81@114.3

[ March 29, 2003, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: Spellbound ]

--------------------
Duane
2K1 WS6
2K2 ZO6

Posts: 36 | From: Diamond Springs | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I watched Drew take 93PONY's car into the CAfords top ten with an 11.5 pass at 124.8 [Eek!] [worship] Also congrats to Penninsula302 on his first time with the 5.0 at the track. He hit a 13.87 [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PseudoCobra:
I watched Drew take 93PONY's car into the CAfords top ten with an 11.5 pass at 124.8 [Eek!] [worship] Also congrats to Penninsula302 on his first time with the 5.0 at the track. He hit a 13.87 [Whoo Whooooo!]

That pass was lame. Given another chance I would almost promise you 11.3 [Wink] (Yes the car is that strong, and yes, I didn't leave that much on the table)

[ March 30, 2003, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess it was my night. [Smile]

On the way to the track some honda POS reved on me....some guy with his GF I think. I reved back & she flashed me! [Eek!]

Then Drew pulls off that run with a bogging 60ft....& on the way home 2 chics in an LS1 asked to go for a ride. [Big Grin]

But the absolute BEST part of the night......no broken parts!

Here's Drew's run. BTW, this is by the seat of his pants. Tach & shiftlight are non-functional at the moment.

60ft: 1.899
330ft: 4.991
1/8th: 7.515 @ 98.6mph
1/4: 11.508 @ 124.888 [worship]

Time to up the boost to 10 maybe??? Perhaps drop the front swaybar & slap on a set of skinnies & slicks??? Nahhh.....it's just a weak-nuts street-car. [Razz]
[patriot]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Shaun!!! I like the 10# idea myself. What were you dyno #'s again... [Wink]

Nice driving Drew! [burnout]

Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone happen to see what the teal coupe was running on radials last night? guy named chris I think owns it...said 'nasty notch' on the back window. saw/met him in the tech line but never got a chance to see him run.

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

It was nice meeting all of you last night. It was a great night, with only 40 cars there. We did alot of hot lapping [Big Grin]

There was a great showing of MUSTANGs, and a fair share of LS1s. All in all a great night.

The green notch, was running great. The only problem was tire spin for him, but at the end of the night he got the hang of it and was rolling.

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice to meet ya and good times on the gt man! let me know how you like those 3.73's!

nasty notch: he's my friend chris, he was havin some issues and ended up with a 12.6 @ 112 spinning, that car still has smog and cat crap too.

it was also fun to watch my friend go 12.9@109 in a stock ls1 with a lid, on stock tires. [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
great runs everybody, wish I coulda' been there.

wheel studs > me

so what's the list of people still trying to make an 11 (with themselves driving [Wink] )
me, fasterdamnit(?), shaun, Elwin, ... ?

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

soslo
¯
Member # 1748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for soslo  Ford pictures for soslo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am somewhat new here, and don't post often, but I was at grudge night yesterday and it was a blast. I got 12 runs in, and also made my first 12 second pass (barely) w/ a 12.99 @ 109.6 on a 2.06 60'

I can't wait to get the 4.10s in and get it tuned [Big Grin]

--------------------
02 Trans Am :: M6 :: Black/Black
12.99 @ 109.6, 2.06 60' w/ Clear Lid, Stock 16" tires, cutout

312 RWHP / 330 RWTQ SAE (with lid)
329 RWHP / 343 RWTQ SAE (with lid and cutout)
337 RWHP / 348 RWTQ SAE (with lid and cutout and tuning)

BMR STB&SFC, Pro 5.0, QTEC, LS1Edit, 4.10s
outdated details @ http://freewebs.com/soslo

Posts: 36 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
treynor
¯
Member # 1854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for treynor  Ford pictures for treynor  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That was a blast -- with so few cars there, we got a ton of runs in. I got my first 11-second pass in the Benz, and my wife (with a bit of practice) smoked the doors off this LS1:

http://www.treynor.com/S600_Sacto_Liz_2.wmv

--------------------
Cheers, Ben

Posts: 55 | From: Los Altos CA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AARRRGHH!!!!!

I REALLY wanted to do grudge and T&T. BIG congrats to Sean and Elwin. Those are excellent numbers. Too bad Sean has such a sh*tty cam [Razz]

Guess I have to step up to something a bit stronger than the stage 1.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by My01Stang:
Dudes, Only 40 cars showed up. I think I got somewhere around 15 runs in. Thanks to Bunchmyfunky for letting me borrow his ET Streets.

The fastest I drove my car was:

60 ft: 1.76
ET: 12.4
MPH: 108

Ikes run:

60 ft: 1.72
ET: 12.19
MPH: 112.4

Then comes along the driver..."DREW" On the last run of the night [worship] [worship]

60 ft: 1.65
ET: 12.04
MPH: 112.7

I couldn't believe it. Oh yeah guess what....I picked some 3.73s tonight. They should be in by Friday [Big Grin] Drew commented that he should of been in the 11.xxx, but I had too much gas in the car [Mad]

Man, I am one happy guy. Look out 11s here I come. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Oh one last thing, my wife jumped in and took it down the track. It was her first time...

60ft: 2.5
ET: 13.6
MPH:105.5

I couldn't believe that 1.65 60ft with stock gears. I kept looing up at the board thinking it was a 1.85...lol I didn't even think that was possible in a full weight GT with stock clucth and gears [dance]

--------------------
AED

PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats to everyone and their runs! It was my first night running and i pulled a best of 13.8 with a 1.9 60ft @ 98mph. I know i will drop that next time, thanks again Shaun for the timing check and advice!! Another thing im happy about is hitting 99mph on a 14.0 run with a 2.1 60 ft! Im hoping i can pull a 1.9 with the 99mph next time, breaking into the 13's some more...

SoSlo- where you the black trans am that i pulled off the line pretty hard? I had a black 90 with a saleen kit, chrome cobra r's....If so i have great footage of that run, lol until you catch up and beat the shit out of me.

Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
anyone happen to see what the teal coupe was running on radials last night? guy named chris I think owns it...said 'nasty notch' on the back window. saw/met him in the tech line but never got a chance to see him run.

last night at the street races chris said he ran a 12.3 @ 112 with nittos. you're talking about the notch with the plates "YUH8N2" or some shit from san lorenzo, right? If so that is still the best smelling car i have ever been in.
Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chris M.:
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:

last night at the street races chris said he ran a 12.3 @ 112 with nittos. you're talking about the notch with the plates "YUH8N2" or some shit from san lorenzo, right? If so that is still the best smelling car i have ever been in.
Hey Paintjob, I think we are talking about the same guy. I met him in the staging lanes last night when they opened up tech just a few minutes before 5...really cool guy. I was with my friend Scott from Chassisworks with a backhalf nova...primered gray front half with a bare metal and bondo rear half [Smile] ...you would have been proud Paintjob [Wink]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by treynor:
That was a blast -- with so few cars there, we got a ton of runs in. I got my first 11-second pass in the Benz, and my wife (with a bit of practice) smoked the doors off this LS1:

http://www.treynor.com/S600_Sacto_Liz_2.wmv

yes that was my friend rorys stock ls1 you "smoked" congrats........how much did that benz cost you, just curious?

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com