Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Grudge night at Sac Raceway (03-29-03)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Grudge night at Sac Raceway (03-29-03)
QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWICK46  Ford pictures for QWICK46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a lot of fun last night, there was a good showing of Mustangs last night, and I wanted to post my times, and Drew's time with my car. Last night, he made his first pass in my car, and nearly knocked 3 tenths off my best time, and added 2 mph to the trap speed. I'm convinced he must've made a deal with the devil to run what he did. [Wink]

Here's the details of our runs, 1st me, then drew
_______Me______________Drew
R/T:___0.705___________0.470
60 ft:__2.041___________2.055
330 ft:_5.768___________5.696
1/8:___8.847@80.429____8.686@81.891
1/4:___13.714@101.469__13.459@103.209 [Eek!]

I thought my time was good, but Drew's time was exceptional. My mods aren't in my sig, so they are as follows: 3.73s in the rear, C&L 85mm MAF, & Steeda Pullies, Timing Adjuster & TriAx. The rear seat, spare tire, & spoiler were removed from the car, and it was on the factory issue tires.

Anyhow, thanks Drew, for showing me the car's potential. That was your first run in the car, so I'm wondering if perhaps another tenth could be in the car. Oh well, now I'm not gonna be able to touch the car until I replicate that time. At least my wife will be happy about that. [Big Grin]

Cya,

[ March 29, 2003, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Chiara ]

--------------------
Michael
'02 GT ~ sold for a Big, Slow Dodge Ram
'03 SV650S
'04 R1100S ~ The daily driver

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
with the stock tires, you're probably about the limit, but with a drag radial or ET Street probably another 0.5 in it [Wink]

[ March 29, 2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would you happen to have the 330 ft times for both drivers as well? I'm testing a theory here [Cool]
QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWICK46  Ford pictures for QWICK46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Would you happen to have the 330 ft times for both drivers as well? I'm testing a theory here [Cool]

Sure, sorry Drew beat me to the 330 mark, 5.768 to 5.696. What's your theory?

--------------------
Michael
'03 SV650S

QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

Dbl post

[ March 29, 2003, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Chiara ]

--------------------
Michael
'03 SV650S

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So it looks like with the same 60 ft, Drew picked up about a tenth over you at the 330ft mark, most likely in the 1-2 shift. He still got an unacounted for aditional 0.15 seconds after the 330 ft mark though [Confused]

My theory was that Drew picks up ET over most people on the 1-2 shift. Lets keep comparing and analyzing his timeslips people [Big Grin] [patriot]

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
So it looks like with the same 60 ft, Drew picked up about a tenth over you at the 330ft mark, most likely in the 1-2 shift. He still got an unacounted for aditional 0.15 seconds after the 330 ft mark though [Confused]

My theory was that Drew picks up ET over most people on the 1-2 shift. Lets keep comparing and analyzing his timeslips people [Big Grin] [patriot]

Lets not and say we did [Razz]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And by the way, the 1-2 shift on that pass was less than desirable. 2nd gear had some spin and I figured that I killed the run right there. To make a long story short, it could have been better

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone see the white firehawk out there running as 12.9? just a lid pretty much, hehe.
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
some ogre lookin guy right?

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck that white piece of shit
Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tell him to put mudflaps on it and drive it off a cliff
Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we should hook it up to a redneck style pull off with your boat anchor primer pile!

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

Fast472Mach1
¯
Member # 2559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast472Mach1  Ford pictures for Fast472Mach1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
These are all nice but did anyone notice the new S600 Benz pulling 13.1's. It might have went faster if the driver hadnt tried to back up after she set off the staging lights, but hey it was still funny to see what people do to their 130,000 family car

--------------------
11.7@116 1.7 60ft. N/A
11.4@124 1.9 60ft. 100NX

Posts: 639 | From: Laguna West | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

the land barge actually went 11.9 that night as well, and was consistantly in the mid to low 12's. That was the owners wife and her first time at the track.......i give her some credit.

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

Fast472Mach1
¯
Member # 2559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast472Mach1  Ford pictures for Fast472Mach1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know I talked to the owner and it was very evident that it was her first time. But either way I cant say much when I go out there since I've never run my car at a track either.

--------------------
11.7@116 1.7 60ft. N/A
11.4@124 1.9 60ft. 100NX

Fast472Mach1
¯
Member # 2559

And I thought that I saw her pull an 11.9 but I thought theres no way that happened. The oddest part was that she did a burnout in the car on that run with street tires. Strange

--------------------
11.7@116 1.7 60ft. N/A
11.4@124 1.9 60ft. 100NX

QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
And by the way, the 1-2 shift on that pass was less than desirable. 2nd gear had some spin and I figured that I killed the run right there. To make a long story short, it could have been better

Yeah, heard Drew spin 2nd a little. The car breaks loose pretty easy on the 1-2 shift. I probably gotta spring for tires. It would be interesting to see how just how fast the car could go with D/Rs. I'm interested in putting some on eventually, but I just haven't been able to justify paying for them when my existing tires are still in good shape.

--------------------
Michael
'03 SV650S

Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fast477Mach1:
And I thought that I saw her pull an 11.9 but I thought theres no way that happened. The oddest part was that she did a burnout in the car on that run with street tires. Strange

It was Ben driving the car on the low 12 and 11.9 second passes. He just put S02s on it that week too and some other stuff.
treynor
¯
Member # 1854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for treynor  Ford pictures for treynor  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, that was my wife Liz's first time ever at a dragstrip. She did a couple 13.x passes (solo) getting used to the track, then cracked off a 12.6, 12.2 and 12.1 as she figured out how to get launched. Her RTs still need some work, but one thing at a time [Smile]

After she was done I tried some different things to help the car get off the line. Turns out a short burnout worked like a charm -- knocked the 60' from high 1.9s to mid/high 1.8s. I cracked off a 12.08 and 11.99

Posts: 55 | From: Los Altos CA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com