Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Buddy's Nova runs FAST today! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Buddy's Nova runs FAST today!
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know it isnt a Ford but I know some of you guys out at the track yesterday saw my buddy's Yellow Nova making it's maiden voyage after a 2.5 year hiatius getting a new Rex Hutchinson motor, Lenco, etc etc.. Well he only got 2 passes yesterday and is still learning the combo so was leaving real easy off the line (no tranbrake right now) and lowered timing so he only magaged a 8.55@161mph 1.49 60'.

BUT he got 2 runs in today and with the same tune and a lil better launch he ran 7.99@173mph 1.25 60'!!! Still leaving off the foot brake as he was making passes to get his license renewed and didnt want to mess anything up and ruin his chances to race in Bakersfield next weekend. The car is set up to run on a 7.60 index. Now thats FAST!! [Smile]

Here is a clip of him on his 8.55 pass yesterday (bent the wheelie bars and ripped the fenders on this run so he is off and on the gas)

http://my.starstream.net/f8lpony/Rock's%202nd%20Run

Here are pics of the car:
 -

-

-

[ March 02, 2003, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: F8LPONY ]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
BruinPi3
¯
Member # 2076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinPi3  Ford pictures for BruinPi3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] [worship]

--------------------
140hp, 127 ft-lb Monster of an Integra.

GOO BRUINS!

Posts: 165 | From: Union City, CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Holy shit [Eek!]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice car. I'd be afraid to mash the gas pedal with that much power under the hood [Eek!]

[ March 02, 2003, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWICK46  Ford pictures for QWICK46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hah, that's humbling. I was all pumped up, thinking it felt like getting laid again for the first time when my car went 13.7. Hence, my probably over ambitious post from yesterday.

I can only dream about what it would be like to go 7s. I suppose it would be a wet one.

[worship]

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL

13.7 is great. So dont belittle yourself. And by all means go get laid! Hahaha

Seriously htough this thing scares me when he starts it let alone drive the beast. I dont know if I could drive something that SURGES rather than idles to the starting beams! [Eek!] [burnout]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

gixxer408
¯
Member # 2454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gixxer408  Ford pictures for gixxer408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey is that Rocky's Nova?? From Redding right?

[ March 02, 2003, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: gixxer408 ]

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Yup [Smile]

Kelly Chambers and Rex Hutchinson was there helpin out on Sat too. [Smile]

You can actually see Lee in the background of one of the pics.

From Los Molinas but close enough. I dont even think it is big enough to qualify as a town. Hahaha

[ March 02, 2003, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: F8LPONY ]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all i would do is one thing... [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
gixxer408
¯
Member # 2454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gixxer408  Ford pictures for gixxer408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
Yup [Smile]

Kelly Chambers and Rex Hutchinson was there helpin out on Sat too. [Smile]

You can actually see Lee in the background of one of the pics.

From Los Molinas but close enough. I dont even think it is big enough to qualify as a town. Hahaha

Tellem Jose said whats up. [Big Grin]
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

K, hahaha

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
justin, what was up with it yesterday? bouncing all over the place, i figured he'd stuff it into the wall yesterday. was he just not used to it yet?
but i was very impressed today, good job

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
gixxer408
¯
Member # 2454

quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
justin, what was up with it yesterday? bouncing all over the place, i figured he'd stuff it into the wall yesterday. was he just not used to it yet?
but i was very impressed today, good job

Bouncin all over the place is probably some serious tire shake. Its a big problem when ur trying to put 1000+ lb/ft of torque to the ground. Ive always had that problem on the right lane at Sac. Rocky's had that same car for a long time and he CAN drive. But good to see him get in the 7's [patriot]
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

The first run yestderday we found out the tube in the right tire was in wrong and causing it to bounce. We fixed that alah ghetto style and then the tires were smashing into the back part of the fender well and he bent the wheelie bars! lol

The only problem that came from driving skills was the launch because he needs to learn how to posistion his foot now with this new trans setup and that was the first time using that many levers to shift (used to have that old T-400 in the old combo) Hehehe

I was told it all went much smoother today though. Cool thing is he is still 6deg low on timing and has yet to hit it real hard off the line. I can't wait till he does. [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

z ya
¯
Member # 1327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z ya  Ford pictures for z ya    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw that beast run on Saturday and man what a freakin animal ! Bad ass machine for sure!!!!

--------------------
03 Yukon 6" RCD/welds/MTR's
69 Camaro
72 Commando/500 caddy/39.5 Boggers
96 Dodge Cummins/2" Procomp/35's

Posts: 414 | From: stockton,ca | Registered: May 2002  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is that Rocky's car? Nevermind, read the rest of the post. DUH
MY friend Mike (you met him @ the dyno day when my headgasket blew) has a video of that car up on it's rear bumper a few years ago !!!!

Brian

[ March 03, 2003, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: TheBrain ]

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it bounced because he was in and out of the throttle, he pulled 5 wheel stands on the first run, each time he hit the gas he pulled the tires.

it didn't look like he was lined up straight to begin with.

I could be wrong but I don't think lenco's have transbrakes (actually i'm sure they don't but i could still be wrong). It just looked like a case of too much clutch way too soon.

Awesome car though, I'd love to see it run again.

here are the videos of the first run

here is it driving by, that chevelle in the background ran a 15.5 woooo

here it is getting sideways during the burnout

count them, 5 wheel stands in one run

Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Thx for the awesome footage Chris! [Smile]

The trans does have a transbrake. It is a new version of a LencoDrive trans with a converter, not a clutch style like normal. Mark Bruno built it and they bought it off a friends of theirs. [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
Thx for the awesome footage Chris! [Smile]

The trans does have a transbrake. It is a new version of a LencoDrive trans with a converter, not a clutch style like normal. Mark Bruno built it and they bought it off a friends of theirs. [Smile]

i knew i could be wrong

you're welcome

the resolution kind of sucks

Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that is SIK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That last video is sweet!
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone got the 7.99 at 174 on video?

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

I didnt go on Sun. [Frown]

But a friend did and has both the other runs (7.99) on tape unfortunately it is on old school VHS and I'll be damed if I know how to transfer that to MPEG. I tried stickin the tape in the puter but I think I need a bigger floppy drive [Smile]

From talkin with Lee the car still has more in it. They feel 7.50s @ 180+ with everything right (conditions, driving, tune, etc.) Keep in mind that the 7.99 was only on a 1.26 60' [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
car is rockin...is that a 25.1d car or regular backhalf? sounds like it could be a great outlaw car...but saw a post on psca that it may be heavy street bound...

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that thing ran like a bat out of hell!

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com