Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » so it didn't rain 2/15 at Sac (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: so it didn't rain 2/15 at Sac
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dope
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by onesicklx:
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
onesicklx- what's your combo again?

gt40 iron heads(no porting), stock cam,1.7 rr,4.10 gears,gt40 intake,100 octane,novi 2000 (10lbs) stock pulley.
Not bad at all. I like the 4.10 gears [Big Grin] Sounds like a simple, reliable, tame, smogable 11 second daily driver you got there [patriot]
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIR Paint Job w/ '84 TercelOnYoMama:
shade tree, was your trac loc real tired, i think my friend with his t-bird was right behind you one day at the track and we were making fun of your rear tires as they took turns spinning during your burnout.

yeah pretty much. I can see it on my quarter panels sometimes just how bad it was getting, like 3 or 4 times as much rubber on one side vs. the other. still, I could get smoke on both sides, just waaaay more smoke on one side vs. the other.

Good riddance to my old rear end. I'm sure it hated me too [Wink]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 281n/a:
i also got a new best 13.69 100.47 2.01 60ft my damn car keeps banging the rev limiter fucking auto looks like i need to take it to byron to fix my tranny problems [Mad]

did you take the K&N out
if you did not you should of it would of gotten you 13.5 im sure of it

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
quote:
hey i remenber that car, i was driving the blue notch back i park right next to you. sorry about your rear end, 5000 rpm [Eek!] ...

i finally got my 11 sec pass,

11.84 @ 118 with 1.74 60ft
back it up with
11.87 @ 118 with 1.63 60 ft (i missed 3 gear)
should of had at least a 11.6 on that run...

[patriot]

nice. My 12.5 today missing second (twice, didn't go in the first two times, lol) doesn't seem quite as cool as your 11.8 missing third [Wink]

great runs, did they stress about you not having a cage?

no, they said nothing about me not having a cage. probably because it was on the last 2 passes of the day, if i would of whent up ther one more time they would of said something...[/QB]
sac usually never says anything about cages at T&Ts. they only seem to care on wed night and grudge night.
my friend has made about 20 low 11 high 10 second passes with no cage at T&Ts but then made an 11.95 pass while lifting and they kicked him out during a grudge night.

Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Joe,
Put the other rearend in it and then launch it off of the rev-limiter !!!
I have pounded the shit out of my 31 spline Moser/Eaton equipped rear with MANY rev-limiter launches (Even a couple on the squeeze [Eek!] [worship] [Eek!] )
There is no better feeling than your first 1.5x 60ft (except maybe your first 1.4, 1.3 etc... [Big Grin] )
I am currently looking to pick up a coupe and dump my drivetrain into it. That would be SHHHHWWWWEEEEEEEEEET !!!!

Nice to someone else on a towtruck for a change [Wink]

Later
Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com