Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » so it didn't rain 2/15 at Sac (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: so it didn't rain 2/15 at Sac
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and I got to ride shotgun in the big diesel...
 -

pour out a 40 for my old rearend if you will.

I think an 11 was mine on at least one occasion. I think I found the secret to a decent 60', RPM [Big Grin]
left at 4k, 1.68, left at 4500, 1.66, left at 5k, and I had to get helped off the track [Wink]

For some reason I kept missing second, my best pass was a 1.70 60', then I missed second, 89 mph at half-track and 12.43 @ 112.5 on the big end (hot lap).

I think I need to go check my bellhousing because 2nd gear under WOT is becoming really difficult to hit, very very notchy it's like I have an alignment problem.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] i didnt see that happen?!
didy ou stick around and see the brand new top fueler get sideways, then do a barrel roll, blow up and end up in about 100 pieces?
the driver was a-ok, but it was the cars first day out

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That really sucks, Joe. Love the pic, tho! W/ that 1/8th mph, it was there. Not sure if I can hit next weekend. How long yout hink you'll be down? [burnout]

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dam Jim,
That sucks man. What are the plans for the rebuild?

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
F8LPONY's old rear-end from his blown 351 stang is in my garage [Wink] (moser spool, forged steel 31 spline axles, c-clip elims, diff cover re-inforcement, it rules) I just have to bolt it in. Probably be done tomorrow.

I might take this opportunity to have rear end specialties drop in some 4.10s or 4.30s though.

Will suck driving a spool on the street, so I'll pick up another stock axle for the rear I just blew today [Wink]
I just have to run an 11.x on motor, a 10.x on the jug, and then I can put my (currently broken) rear back on and do some auto-x mods [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ February 15, 2003, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
Dam Jim,
That sucks man. What are the plans for the rebuild?

Umm, you mean Joe?
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear that joe. I broke the rear end in my car 2 times and the tranny once on my way to the 11's. [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn I knew I should have went! I missed some action today!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for My01Stang  Ford pictures for My01Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not too many cars out there today. It was nice. By the way nicew to meet you Shade-Tree, 99Ujustlust.

I worked on my 60' times today. The best run I got in was only a 12.5, But I was hitting the 1.7x on the 60' times. I can't beleive it...On NITTO'S. The driver sucked, because I should of ranbetter than 12.5. Oh well. I'll just keep on practicing [Smile]

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2004 Harley Heritage Softail Classic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

Posts: 321 | From: Summerville, SC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
and I got to ride shotgun in the big diesel...
 -

pour out a 40 for my old rearend if you will.

I think an 11 was mine on at least one occasion. I think I found the secret to a decent 60', RPM [Big Grin]
left at 4k, 1.68, left at 4500, 1.66, left at 5k, and I had to get helped off the track [Wink]

For some reason I kept missing second, my best pass was a 1.70 60', then I missed second, 89 mph at half-track and 12.43 @ 112.5 on the big end (hot lap).

I think I need to go check my bellhousing because 2nd gear under WOT is becoming really difficult to hit, very very notchy it's like I have an alignment problem.

hey i remenber that car, i was driving the blue notch back i park right next to you. sorry about your rear end, 5000 rpm [Eek!] ...

i finally got my 11 sec pass,

11.84 @ 118 with 1.74 60ft
back it up with
11.87 @ 118 with 1.63 60 ft (i missed 3 gear)
should of had at least a 11.6 on that run...

[patriot]

Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Darth Vetter
¯
Member # 2458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darth Vetter  Ford pictures for Darth Vetter  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I might take this opportunity to have rear end specialties drop in some 4.10s or 4.30s though.

If you need a hook up on side work, my boy works at r.e.s and does all my rear work for my saleen on the side at his house, PM me if you need it.

--------------------
01 SHM Saleen S281 (SOLD)
65 Fastback
84 Vette
98 Lincoln

WWW.BLACKTRAX.NET

Posts: 2021 | From: san jose, ca | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

quote:
Originally posted by onesicklx:
hey i remenber that car, i was driving the blue notch back i park right next to you. sorry about your rear end, 5000 rpm [Eek!] ...

back it up with

[patriot] [/QB]

nice. My 12.5 today missing second (twice, didn't go in the first two times, lol) doesn't seem quite as cool as your 11.8 missing third [Wink]

great runs, did they stress about you not having a cage?

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ouch. I thought your rear end would last longer given your mass. Let us know what exactly broke. It could be more than just an axel.

So you actually drove it to the track? I thought you've been trailoring it lately?

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

I trailered it *twice* to sac, lol.

the rear end was abused before I even got it, so I've kinda been waiting for this day (this is my Tbird rear end, that I bought from a guy running 11's/12's and 1.6x 60's all day long in a 2600# stang)

--------------------

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

back it up with

[patriot]

nice. My 12.5 today missing second (twice, didn't go in the first two times, lol) doesn't seem quite as cool as your 11.8 missing third [Wink]

great runs, did they stress about you not having a cage?[/QB]

no, they said nothing about me not having a cage. probably because it was on the last 2 passes of the day, if i would of whent up ther one more time they would of said something...
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i also got a new best 13.69 100.47 2.01 60ft my damn car keeps banging the rev limiter fucking auto looks like i need to take it to byron to fix my tranny problems [Mad]

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
onesicklx- what's your combo again?
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shade tree, was your trac loc real tired, i think my friend with his t-bird was right behind you one day at the track and we were making fun of your rear tires as they took turns spinning during your burnout.
Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:

gt40 iron heads(no porting), stock cam,1.7 rr,4.10 gears,gt40 intake,100 octane,novi 2000 (10lbs) stock pulley.
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:

gt40 iron heads(no porting), stock cam,1.7 rr,4.10 gears,gt40 intake,100 octane,novi 2000 (10lbs) stock pulley and slicks.

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

[QUOTE]Originally posted by onesicklx:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by st5150:
[qb]onesicklx- what's your combo again?

gt40 iron heads(no porting), stock cam,1.7 rr,4.10 gears,gt40 intake,100 octane,novi 2000 (10lbs) stock pulley and slicks.

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

[qb][QUOTE]Originally posted by onesicklx:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by st5150:
[qb]onesicklx- what's your combo again?

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

dope
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

dope
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

dope

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com