Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » How was your outing for Opening night?!?!?! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: How was your outing for Opening night?!?!?!
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I m getting this shifting thing down a little better I got a new best:

2.116 60ft.(still need some work there)
13.821ET
100.149MPH

I got two goals tonight to get triple digit MPH and to get into the 13's!!! [patriot]

HEY JUAN I got it!!! [dance] [dance]

[ February 05, 2003, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: 98slowhoe ]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Bullitt3905
¯
Member # 905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt3905  Ford pictures for Bullitt3905    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there was an 03 cobra and a 03 mach 1 at the track tonight, i think the cobra ran a best of 13.3 and the mach 1 couldn't even break into the 13's

--------------------
2001 Mustang Bullitt #3905
SR springs, koni orange, steeda sts, magnaflows, 18" Bullitt wheels, grille delete, chin spoiler, 03 cf hood, JLT sri

Posts: 1067 | From: citrus heights, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for My01Stang  Ford pictures for My01Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First thing... Man that place was packed. I can't believe there were that many cars out there. We had a great Mustang showing.

I had a great night. The night started off slow. Here are time slips: 1. 13.2 @109.7 2. 13.0 @110.6 3. 13.1 @ 106.5 4. 13.0 @ 103.1 Iwas doing a little bracket racing. You know trying to win the trophy [Big Grin] Then I said screw it.

I ran my best time to date. 60ft: 1.96 ET: 12.58 MPH: 111.99 on Nitto's

I broke out. but a least it was to another Mustang [Smile] I 'm stoked about my times. Hope to hear from some of the other guys that were out there.

ELwin

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2004 Harley Heritage Softail Classic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

Posts: 321 | From: Summerville, SC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Bullitt3905
¯
Member # 905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt3905  Ford pictures for Bullitt3905    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i saw your true blue out there, sounds mean.

--------------------
2001 Mustang Bullitt #3905
SR springs, koni orange, steeda sts, magnaflows, 18" Bullitt wheels, grille delete, chin spoiler, 03 cf hood, JLT sri

Posts: 1067 | From: citrus heights, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for My01Stang  Ford pictures for My01Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks, She was running great tonight. I had much fun [Big Grin]

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2004 Harley Heritage Softail Classic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

Posts: 321 | From: Summerville, SC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by My01Stang:
Thanks, She was running great tonight. I had much fun [Big Grin]

yeah man I saw your Break out run! thats was a good way to Break out man!!! I am looking forward to when I can have a S-trim under my hood too! Yeah and that shit was packed tonight! Maybe next week there won't be as many ricers, but it's always good to see as many stangs as there was tonight!

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Mach1driver
¯
Member # 2127

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1driver  Ford pictures for Mach1driver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was the Mach 1 and had 1 run in the 13's a 13.97. My best 60ft of the night was a lousy 2.293 best mph was 102.9. Dunno about anyone else but I couldn't get traction for $hit! That an I obviously suck [Frown]

--------------------
2003 Mach 1

Posts: 67 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
Originally posted by Mach1driver:
I was the Mach 1 and had 1 run in the 13's a 13.97. My best 60ft of the night was a lousy 2.293 best mph was 102.9. Dunno about anyone else but I couldn't get traction for $hit! That an I obviously suck [Frown]

Its alright man its your first time out in the car. Trust me my first time out was a nightmare just keep on working on it and you will be getting that time down!

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe:

13.821ET
100.149MPH

I got two goals tonight to get triple digit MPH and to get into the 13's!!! [patriot]

congratulations Aaron! sounds like you had fun.
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
quote:

13.821ET
100.149MPH

congratulations Aaron! sounds like you had fun.
I had a good time Rhett!!! Oh yeah and thanks for those Brake sleves. Hopefully we'll see you out there on Saturday???

[ February 05, 2003, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: 98slowhoe ]

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Mach1driver
¯
Member # 2127

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1driver  Ford pictures for Mach1driver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
[QBIts alright man its your first time out in the car. Trust me my first time out was a nightmare just keep on working on it and you will be getting that time down![/QB]

Trust me my first run was my worst nightmare 14.58,2.4 60foot, 100.1 mph with a "I fell asleep" 1.169 reaction time [Confused] I think it was the combo effect, cold track, crappy tires an crappier driving.

On a different note, is it always that busy on wed. nights? I was talking to one of the track guys and he was saying the best time to go is when they switch to fri. nights as they really prep the track. He also said they didn't use any VHT tonight because the track temp was only 49-53 degrees and that was to cold. Anyone have any inside info if thats true or not?

--------------------
2003 Mach 1

Posts: 67 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
LS Juan
¯
Member # 2107

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for LS Juan  Ford pictures for LS Juan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I let you down man. i ran a best of 12.21@118.06 but i had the worst 60 foot time of the night on that run with a 2.11 If i get that down i to the usual 1.9 or 2.0 I might be able to get it! Great job [worship] Elwin and [worship] 98Slowhoe on both of your guys new best!

--------------------
2002 Z28 12.80 @ 109.2 with just a lid! (TNT is in da House)
325 RWHP
350 RWTQ

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought the track was hookin pretty good for a wed night. Then again, street tires always suck on Weds [Smile]

My new best on a motor that doesnt make power past 5.5k rpm is:

60': 1.58
ET: 11.650
MPH: 115.7

Now if I can only figure out what the problem is I'll be happy [Smile]

Grats to you guys!

I think I heard the S-trim'd 01', sounded really good. [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
I thought the track was hookin pretty good for a wed night. Then again, street tires always suck on Weds [Smile]

My new best on a motor that doesnt make power past 5.5k rpm is:

60': 1.58
ET: 11.650
MPH: 115.7

Now if I can only figure out what the problem is I'll be happy [Smile]

Grats to you guys!

I think I heard the S-trim'd 01', sounded really good. [Smile]

But you know what the problem is..... [Wink]

That is one HELL of a 60ft for a Wednsday!

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Spellbound
¯
Member # 1553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbound  Ford pictures for Spellbound    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess I will make this 3 LS1's in a row lol.
60': 1.61
ET: 11.92
MPH: 112.2

[ February 06, 2003, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Spellbound ]

--------------------
Duane
2K1 WS6
2K2 ZO6

Posts: 36 | From: Diamond Springs | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
mike22ca
¯
Member # 1675

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike22ca  Ford pictures for mike22ca    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a 13.8 with my sprayin' v6. That was the first run I have ever done in my life. My 60ft was like 1.6. I thought once you got to the signs you were done....if I kept going I probably woulda done a little better. I'm hoping for a 13.5 soon. I only got 3 lousy runs.....other fools in lane 9 and 6 were getting hella runs...what's up with that?

Mike

Posts: 303 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
mike22ca
¯
Member # 1675

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike22ca  Ford pictures for mike22ca    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another thing...hella fool's were hating and talking shit about my v6....why can't people mind their own business. I did get a lot of compliments on the hood though. A lot of people tripped on the 1/4 time too.
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
talkin shit to your face? thats rare......because usually pussies talk shit behind backs where they belong......i hate that crap

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

mike22ca
¯
Member # 1675

No not to my face, just around...my buddies heard and shit. Then some bitch in a LT1 Camaro that ran like a 14.00 was trying to talk shit. We basically told her to F*ck Off. Dumb cunt.
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shawn,

I need to talk to you about my cam anyway so hit me up.

Mike22ca,

Actually I was in lane 9 and I got there at 3:30, I got 3 runs in by 8pm then left. It was all the imports in lane 7 that went on for hours at a time.

When I get thr nitrous hooked up on the truck we should run sometime. We're the underdogs, V6 vs Z71 [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
mike22ca
¯
Member # 1675

It's great being an underdog!
PSYCHORAM
¯
Member # 2000

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for PSYCHORAM  Ford pictures for PSYCHORAM  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
60ft: 2.8
ET: 13.5
MPH: 104

Why does this SUCK....too much power.

--------------------
13.0@106mph
'95 2500 Ram, Diesel
~Can you make 7,000lbs go 13's?~

PSYCHORAM
¯
Member # 2000

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for PSYCHORAM  Ford pictures for PSYCHORAM  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ February 06, 2003, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: PSYCHORAM ]

--------------------
13.0@106mph
'95 2500 Ram, Diesel
~Can you make 7,000lbs go 13's?~

flummox
¯
Member # 2359

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flummox  Ford pictures for flummox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Besides the traction problems I think you all did well.

Yeah.. people were talking a gang of crap out there. I was standing right next to that chick in that Camero for a little while. I made sure she saw my hat.. Ford with flames on the bill!

So many Mustangs.. it was beautiful!

Hope to run the SVT Contour sometime. Although I would be with the imports.

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First of all, congradulations to Aaron and Elwin for reaching there goals. Good job guys [patriot]

Second, some of you guys need to make you presence known when your out there, (mike22ca and Mach1driver). I had know idea you guys were from the boards. Come say whats up next time [Big Grin]

Mach1driver, we raced in the 3rd round. It was close at the start, but everytime you shifted I gain on you......there is deffinately more in your car man, so don't get discouraged [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com