Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Great T&T, 1/4/03! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Great T&T, 1/4/03!
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Had 9 runs. Watched a lot of great runs and had some good ones myself. 3 runs were in the 12.5's and 4 runs were in the 12.4's, still on Nitto's.

Top 5

1.889 60ft.
8.108 @ 88.745
12.455 @ 111.576

1.855 60ft.
8.001 @ 88.515
12.432 @ 111.655

7.99 @ 88.533
12.421 @ 111.644

7.985 @ 88.604
12.415 @ 111.620

Last run of the day:

1.827!!
7.948 @ 88.611
12.373 @ 111.640 !!!!!
[worship] [dance] [dance] [dance] [worship]

I installed set of Jegster Upper Control Arm mounts.
( http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1448&prmenbr=361 )
I could launch at higher rpm and let the clutch out faster than before. I think a couple of more runs would have seen a 1.7x. Had only 2 spins out of 9 launches. Worst 60ft was 2.0 which gave a 12.71.
Shaun how much you think retarding the cam would be worth? That plus long tubes should get into the 11's on slicks... [Big Grin]

JL

[ January 04, 2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: FasterDamnit ]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Impressive times on Nitto's. Have you weighed your car on Sac's new digital scale? Better have Mark move you up on www.CaliforniaFords.com/fastest.htm , you're moving up in the world [Big Grin] ... watch out Jon [Eek!]

[ January 04, 2003, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, it was good day out at the track. Nice seeing everyone again, its been a while sense the "club" was out together. [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I still got ya' till the 1/8 mile [Big Grin]

retarding shmetarding! you don't even know where the cam is to begin with [Big Grin]

good runs BTW [patriot]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Digital???? Is that new scale for the dragsters? I tried the analog one a month ago and had 3060, no spare, hatch insulation, 1/4 tank gas.

Drew, if we're a club, where's the damn clubhouse w/ beer on tap and the big screen? Do we have a secret handshake?

[Razz]

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice seeing everyone!!! Your car screems JIM!! [worship] [worship]

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
I still got ya' till the 1/8 mile [Big Grin]
retarding shmetarding! you don't even know where the cam is to begin with [Big Grin]
[patriot]

I should, I rode the short bus to skool.

[Big Grin]

ps- let me get a handle on your ET streets and we will see about that 1/8th mile differential. And your little dog too!

[ January 04, 2003, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: FasterDamnit ]

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:

Drew, if we're a club, where's the damn clubhouse w/ beer on tap and the big screen? Do we have a secret handshake?

[Razz]

I guess we are goig to have to work on the club house thing. Too bad my house is the opposite direction from where you guys live.....you bring the beer I'll suply the house [Razz] [Wink]

--------------------
AED

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Originally posted by IKE:
nice seeing everyone!!! Your car screems JIM!! [worship] [worship]

Thanks, Ike! Your car looks sooo much better with the new wheels, black stripe and lowered. Now that you have that T5, you should hit lo 13's w/ sticky tires...
[patriot]

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jim, the new scale is to the right of the old one when you're coming down the return road:

-

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very cool, I never looked in the big blue box.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn I didn't realize that LX was that light! 3060 pounds wow!

the silver WS6 weighs 3480 had a best ET of 12.52@117.5, its a heavy pig! hopefully next time out we will have some tires, gears and be about a 100 pounds lighter. maybe some 11s are in order? hehe

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nick,
W/ that MPH, just get the 60ft down. 11's should be no problem. [burnout]

JL

White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, today was a good day for me as well. I added a Densecharger and used BFG DR's for today, and I have a new best of 13.54 @ 102. I just couldn't manage a sub 2 second 60'. I just need more practice.

Jim it was great meeting you. I can only dream of my car being that fast.

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jim and Eric congrats on the new times! It was nice seeing everyone again.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by White02GT:
Well, today was a good day for me as well. I added a Densecharger and used BFG DR's for today, and I have a new best of 13.54 @ 102. I just couldn't manage a sub 2 second 60'. I just need more practice

Bring it honey. I hope you have the blower bolted on before we go down to Palmdale [patriot]
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Brian  Ford pictures for 5.0Brian    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a good day today too, 9 runs even letting the car sit and cool a lot.

New best run (all motor):

.583 Reac.
1.808 60 ft.
8.433 at 80.753 mph
13.268 at 101.971 mph

Best run spraying (bottle was running out--too much fun on the street [Big Grin] )

.867 Reac.
1.881 60 ft. (Waited too long to get on it)
8.176 at 84.823 mph
12.796 at 106.2 mph

All of the other runs were around these, so I won't list them. Next time I come up I'll have the 175 jets in and a full bottle [Big Grin] .

[ January 04, 2003, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: 5.0Brian ]

--------------------
Brian

---Rest In Peace Miles Werho-Dec. 8 2002---

Posts: 561 | From: Antioch, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey brian how much of a shot did you throw on???
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, how big of a shot since you only gained 4 mph. I hope your fuel system and tune is up to par for a 175 shot. Little to no room for error when spraying that much.
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

With the Nitrous Works kit the 175 shot is more like a 120 shot. Its kinda like NOS, where they give there jets a horibly weak rating.

I am wondering what his bottle pressure was like though. It could have a lot to do with its poor performance

[ January 04, 2003, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Brian  Ford pictures for 5.0Brian    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was a 125 shot. I have a fuel pump (255 lph) I have to throw in and an adjustable FPR just in case. Bottle pressure was about 850 or so and was dropping (just like my mph). $60 more to fill up the bottle again (15lbs.).

--------------------
Brian

---Rest In Peace Miles Werho-Dec. 8 2002---

Posts: 561 | From: Antioch, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Took out 91PONY's car for some results....
No MPH gain today.

Best was a 13.2 @103.xMPH
I'm not running as much timing as before, & shifting at the same RPM, so that probably plays a role, but I really didn't want to beat on the car much more, so I didn't try too many things. Just Fuel pressure & bumped timing 2 degrees.

One surprise was 23.4mph gain from 1/8 - 1/4. Normally in the 22.xmph range. But this was on a run were I missed 3rd gear & I wasn't able to repeat the gain....

The real nice part is the car launches SO much better. Before it'd spin the tires when launching at 2K even on a prepped track. Once I got the RPM high enough I pulled a best of 1.803 60ft, launching at 4500 & bogging! A little more practice & I'm sure I woulda' had a 1.7 60ft.

All-in-all, I'm not happy with the performance, but Heather is & it's her car, so.....as long as she's happy.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man! Congrats on the new time. bit more time and practice you can sick those 60fts under the 2.xx mark. Witrh a healthy 60ft, your ets will be more solid and with the added practice your consistancy can become unstoppable.

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by White02GT:
Well, today was a good day for me as well. I added a Densecharger and used BFG DR's for today, and I have a new best of 13.54 @ 102. I just couldn't manage a sub 2 second 60'. I just need more practice.

Jim it was great meeting you. I can only dream of my car being that fast.

God shit man. Put on some Et streets and you will be a 13.3 easily.
Have Mark update your time on our list.

Good job Jim. Nice time
[Smile]

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was an awesome day. Eric, great runs man! Jim your car is screaming man, I just have to catch up to you in a short amount of time (palmdale in march [Big Grin] ) And mark something has to be done about that MPH loss but shoot Drew still got a 12 out of the beast! I am thinking cams will do the trick and then you won't have to Hope for 12's it will be a constant thing! But all in all great day and nice to see all of you and one more thing....... Rheet your car is fast and funk!!!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com