Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » New Years Day Drags (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Years Day Drags
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was at sears point today. saw some nice cars, not many late model mustangs. i saw that one dude with the burgundy lx with welds. a couple of white 84's, and i know there were others.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
I'd rather compete in a class with set limits (cubes, power adder, weight, etc.) where the better built combo will win.
[patriot]

then it just becomes who has the better engine builder. heads up in any class thats not 7.5 and faster is all about the car, almost nothing about the driver.

btw, we had 310 cars while sears (im sorry inferion raceway [Roll Eyes] ) only had almost 200.. hehehe

[ January 01, 2003, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: eljefe ]

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
13.5 was my best [Frown] .

The track was not hooking like it normally does. I was spinning my ET Streets-try a 3.XX sixty on my third run (14.8X ET).

I did not do well at all, but met a few of the fellas on the board.

93 Snyper- sorry bout your car bro [Frown] .

--------------------
SOLD :(
Black 99 GT w/the 35th Anniversary package

BOUGHT :)
2015 Mustang GT premium w/PP

Posts: 514 | From: San Franpsycho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
93 Snyper- sorry bout your car bro .
he drives a red cobra (clone) correct, what happend to his car... [patriot]
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He's having charging problems and stalled at the tree (THAT SUCKS @#$) during eliminations.
Posts: 514 | From: San Franpsycho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
quote:
Originally posted by SIR OneSlowPlitBumperonN2O& I'm gay:
the massive amounts of money and un-streetability that goes along with ANY heads up class is GAYGAYGAYGAYGAY.

[patriot]

hey more power to you if your idea of "racing" is sitting on a delay box (or worse) sitting in 'D' and trying to cut a good light.

I'd rather compete in a class with set limits (cubes, power adder, weight, etc.) where the better built combo will win.

Anyone who doesn't think drag racing isn't all about ET=$$$ is fooling themselves anyways.

Of course the big pockets will be faster.

Honestly I'll probably run in the 'Summit series' in Sacramento simply because there's nothing better to do!

"woo-hoo! I cut a .536 light and ran 0.03 off my dial and I lost in the first round again!" [Roll Eyes]

[patriot]

who the hell uses delay boxes, throttle stops, and leaves it in "D" at the street races?

I just said heads up costs way too much money no matter what class it is. All the motors are mostly the same but the trick is seeing who can put it to the ground since most heads up classes call for baby sized tires.
PLUS if you want to compete heads up you need to build a car for a class, not for yourself. Who the hell wants to do that? I'll pass.

I never said bracket racing is cool, bracket racing is twice as gay as heads up.

The best form of racing is street racing (illegal or legal it doesn't matter) simply for the fact that the actual street that we all drive our cars on everyday is the #1 limiting factor.

Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was a great event to watch. Lots of cars, but not too many streetable ones though. I had only a few hours of sleep and was zoned out all day. I took an unreal amount of pictures and will have them up tonight or tomorrow night.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here are all the pictures in a "raw" format:

http://www.californiafords.com/images/drag/01_01_03/

I'll have them up nice and thumbnailed in a week.

[ January 02, 2003, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"The best form of racing is street racing (illegal or legal it doesn't matter) simply for the fact that the actual street that we all drive our cars on everyday is the #1 limiting factor"

Is there a legal form of street racing? If there is them please tell!

I was at the track and it was to cold for anybody to put the power to the ground. Overall, pretty boring as a spectator.

Eric

[ January 02, 2003, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: yellow67stang ]

--------------------
I like cars.

Chris M.
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by yellow67stang:
[/qb]

The best form of racing is street racing (illegal or legal it doesn't matter) simply for the fact that the actual street that we all drive our cars on everyday is the #1 limiting factor.[/QUOTE]

Is there a legal form of street racing? If there is them please tell!

I was at the track and it was to cold for anybody to put the power to the ground. Overall, pretty boring as a spectator.

Eric[/QB][/QUOTE]

find a farm with a paved road on in

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] please take your street racing drama to the street racing forum. Thanks in advance.
Threesixes
¯
Member # 1408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Threesixes  Ford pictures for Threesixes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Here are all the pictures in a "raw" format:

http://www.californiafords.com/images/drag/01_01_03/

I'll have them up nice and thumbnailed in a week.

What no pictures of the sperm-mobile?

As usual Sawson got a picture of my POS car:
http://www.cafords.com/images/drag/01_01_03/DSC02176.JPG

If it wasnt for him I wouldnt have any pics or videos of my cars. Thanks bro. If I knew what you looked like I would come up and say hi.

Posts: 63 | From: Concord, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow thats a lot of pics, thanks. did anyone see the toyota 4 runner go 106mph!! like the anouncer said, thats for somebody in a really big hurry to get to the camp site [Big Grin] I especially liked the blue 70 mach1, and the white one with wide rear fenders.
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you guys like that new announcer guy?? i thought he was ok. nice guy too. oh and the 4runner, it's run a high 12 before. all toyota parts!! it's crazy

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by eljefe:
did you guys like that new announcer guy?? i thought he was ok. nice guy too. oh and the 4runner, it's run a high 12 before. all toyota parts!! it's crazy[/QUO
ya the announcer was a likeable sounding personality. gave all the appropriate kuddos to the cars and there drivers. all around good day i thought. wish i would have brought my car to beat on.

Chris M.
Member # 1708

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
[worship] please take your street racing drama to the street racing forum. Thanks in advance.

what street racing drama?
IrocSpeed89
¯
Member # 1226

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IrocSpeed89  Ford pictures for IrocSpeed89  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmmm i wonder which car was ur favorite in those pics? [Wink]

what this guy end up running?

http://www.cafords.com/images/drag/01_01_03/DSC02106.JPG

--------------------
89 camaro iroc. 5.7 auto

R.I.P. Miles 12-8-02
cam
edelbrock headers
high flow cat
Holley Stealth Ram
flowmaster cat back
free mods
Fourth Gen Antenna =)
panasonic deck, custom dash, 2 image dynamics 10's, fosgate 200 amp, custom chevy bowtie box.
soon to come: 3.42 gears, dart heads,

You've Always Got Time For Puttytang.

Posts: 506 | From: citrus heights | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
z ya
¯
Member # 1327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z ya  Ford pictures for z ya    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is 93snyper the red 93 Cobra or clone with the ROH wheels and 555r's? If so that thing looks and sounds SWEET! I had fun and it keeps me motivated to work on my own ride.

--------------------
03 Yukon 6" RCD/welds/MTR's
69 Camaro
72 Commando/500 caddy/39.5 Boggers
96 Dodge Cummins/2" Procomp/35's

Posts: 414 | From: stockton,ca | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Threesixes- No problem. I'm always behind the camera so only picture of me on this site that I know of is in my Members Photo Album under the Ford Pictures section. Its an old gag picture of Britney and I [Big Grin]

season'd 88- Yup yup, I got myself a 128 meg memory stick for my xmas present. I would have taken even more pictures if I had the battery juice.

eljefe- The announcer was okay. He seemed to get confused or lost at times and guys reemed him for making minor mistakes about the cars at the line.

IrocSpeed89- I don't remember what he ran.

z ya- Yup, that's him. He had battery/charging problems the whole day [Frown]

93Snyper
¯
Member # 1058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93Snyper  Ford pictures for 93Snyper  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea, it deffinately wasnt one of my better dayz at the track- my elec. fan drained all the juice from my battery so it wouldnt hold any charge, and some of the track officals didnt help any either, but hey I still got two runs in [Roll Eyes] . Nice meeting YesIdid, very nice and consistant car you got there, great pics Swanson & Shaun, I think its about that time, ill be in touch...

--------------------
Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com