Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 4th week straight...NEW BEST!.....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 4th week straight...NEW BEST!.....
99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99Flyer  Ford pictures for 99Flyer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK from a 13.94 to a 13.84 to a 13.78 to a 13.58 and now... 13.46!
I had no new Mods but I used Shell instead of chevron....More gas less techron [Confused] ?? I dont know. I took the pass and back seat out but i dont think it is good for 1.2 tenths but shit whatever I'm happy with it!
13.46@102.5 w/ a 2.01 60 foot on street tires.
Time for some programming......
BTW Happy thanksgiving....I'm buzzed [Wink] ...later...

--------------------
2021 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
1971 Camaro 350 SC
1977 GMC Kingsley Class A

Posts: 415 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome Carlo. That was on Street tires? Shit, put on some slciks and go for 12.9's
Try to make it on saturday if you can [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Excellent! Must be the driver. Gonna hit any Saturday TnTs? Really looking forward to cold, dry Feb. air...

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99Flyer  Ford pictures for 99Flyer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can't hit up any Sat's cuz I work, but I will try to make it to New Years day drags...
andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what have you done to your car 99flyer?

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn carlo when my car is up and running again im gonna let you try racing my car great times man way to represent the auto's who said autos are slow?

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

quote:
Originally posted by andyman_2k01:
what have you done to your car 99flyer?

http://www.cafords.com/~matt/graphics/memberpix/carlo.html
Plus densecharger, 70 mm TB, and an intake spacer

--------------------
1971 Camaro 350 SC

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good job Carlo....way to finish up the season! [worship]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

quote:
Originally posted by 281n/a:
damn carlo when my car is up and running again im gonna let you try racing my car great times man way to represent the auto's who said autos are slow?

I secretly yearn for a 6 speed tho.... [Wink]

--------------------
1971 Camaro 350 SC

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sweet carlo! i always forget that your running an auto! thats awesome!
just one question? whats with the front wheels? hehe are they lighter that the cobra's i would imagine?

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
sweet carlo! i always forget that your running an auto! thats awesome!
just one question? whats with the front wheels? hehe are they lighter that the cobra's i would imagine?

yeah, they are about 13 lbs lighter each! ..And they are still on the car cuz appearantly I forgot to pull my lug key off the wheel locks before the trip to SACTO...DOHHHH! Well I am gonna have these ugly wheels for a few days till America's tire co breaks them off on Monday...

[ November 29, 2002, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: 99FLYER ]

--------------------
1971 Camaro 350 SC

99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:

I'll be back on New Years Day I think...Hopefully w/ an aluminum driveshaft and e/t streets

--------------------
1971 Camaro 350 SC

QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWICK46  Ford pictures for QWICK46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your times are getting pretty impressive, Carlo. Keep it up, and hopefully I'll catch you at the track again; I'm probably going to wait for Wednesday nights again before I go back out, so I'll plan on seeing you then.

--------------------
Michael
'02 GT ~ sold for a Big, Slow Dodge Ram
'03 SV650S
'04 R1100S ~ The daily driver

99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

quote:
Originally posted by 281n/a:

Hey who's cams are you getting and with what grind?? And what did the Bullit intake cost you?

--------------------
1971 Camaro 350 SC

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 99FLYER:
quote:

I'll be back on New Years Day I think...Hopefully w/ an aluminum driveshaft and e/t streets
Carlo, hate to say it man, but don't expect to get much difference from a aluminum DS. Only those with the most sensitive of ass dyno's can even notice a difference, (which is very funny cause at the track there is vertually no inprovement.....lol)

As for the Et streets, I didn't know that you where having tire spin problems off the line. Is that the case? You may want to measure the hight of your street tires and see what they are. If they are anything equal too or less than 26 inches I wouldn't buy the slicks quite yet. they may actually slow you down due to the increased size.

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

quote:
Carlo, hate to say it man, but don't expect to get much difference from a aluminum DS. Only those with the most sensitive of ass dyno's can even notice a difference, (which is very funny cause at the track there is vertually no inprovement.....lol)

As for the Et streets, I didn't know that you where having tire spin problems off the line. Is that the case? You may want to measure the hight of your street tires and see what they are. If they are anything equal too or less than 26 inches I wouldn't buy the slicks quite yet. they may actually slow you down due to the increased size.[/QB]

Thanks for the tips I'm gonna get the driveshaft solely for the weight savings,And I figured I could punch the gas a little harder off the line with the e/t's. I don't have traction problems but I slightly feather the gas as i leave so I thought I might be able to get a 1.9 or possibly even a 1.8 If I really punch it off the line.

--------------------
1971 Camaro 350 SC

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com