Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » anyone want to try the PSCA next year?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone want to try the PSCA next year?
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The season just closed. Not sure if they'll bring back the 'probe industries EFI' class or not but I was gonna go for that one.
Don't think I'd make the AZ dates, but Vegas, Palmdale, bakersfield, etc. are all pretty do-able.

Looks like that class will allow my 3550, stripped rear seat, and a single stage of nitrous. Unless I'm mistaken they're only running mid 11's so I think a heads/cam/intake 302 or even a stock 4.6 + N20 could be competitive.
Certain blowers are allowed to.

So whaddya think? Join the best west coast heads up racing forum? Or continue to whine about there not being a good one for stangs? [patriot]

I'm gonna do it either way, but unless the 'probe EFI' class comes back I'm way outgunned.

www.pscaracing.com

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe first race is Jan '03, but scedule isn't up yet.
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
EFI classes are gone. The two new classes are gonna be Heavy Street and Wild Street. Heavy Street is gonna be a 3500 lb class with lil or no limitation on power adder, chassis, or tire.

The 'Wild Street' class is gonna be a drag radial class on stock suspension and I believe this is only gonna have a limitation to tire size and suspension. I don't see any 'slow' classes being in the PSCA.

Limited Street just ran a 9.50 this weekend and True was in the mid to high eights this weekend.

Greg

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

figures. oh well, whatever the slowest class is I'll try to fit in. [worship]

--------------------

Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'm still pissed that they dont allow dfi in limited street.

the psca classes are retarded, outlaw, x-street, and real street are all practically the same class, just different tires. it's a shame there a NO street cars at an event called the pacific street car assosiation.

Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You think there is enough interest to start something more local and purely EFI Ford related? Its a chevy world out there, we gotta stick to our own to survive.
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

I'm talking to Mel of the PSCA right now. I'll let you know how it goes. If I'm the dude in the 11 second nitroused stang running 8 second tubbed big block trailered chevies so be it. [worship]

I can't stand bracket racing

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:

[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I totally agree. I would love to do the PSCA but I have a feeling it wouldn't be very much fun racing 9second cars and loosing the first round everytime. I think I'm going to try the Summit series next year. Even though I suck at Bracket Racing.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
basically...psca has rules and people build there cars to the border of the rules. all the classes have single digit potential as proven (minus the efi classes). those classes weren't followed, raced in, or represented much. if your not in the low tens for limited street...then open comp is gonna be your best bet.

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn good luck Shad Tree if you decide to do the PSCA. My stang just wouldnt keep up at the moment.

--------------------
Support our troops!

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

you think running 11's vs. their 8/9's is keeping up? lol. I win if they break, so what's the difference.

(btw, these 11's are totally hypothetical at this point, I'm assuming I can get well into the 11's on a 150 shot but who knows what will break on my car!)

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Joe,
Any plans to do heads? Or port the GT40's? That plus the juice might get you high 10's on a 150 shot. Then you would only lose by a couple of car lengths...
[Eek!]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

I have box stock TFS heads and an Anderson cam on my bench just waiting for me to slap them in.
I want a 12.5 or better out of the GT-40 setup first.
I have an edelbrock performer upper that I'm going to test sat. in place of the performer rpm upper --ok it's a typhoon, but the same casting, probably like comparing the explorer to the cobra, almost, but not quite the same thing.

unless I do something to the rear end, this car won't be seeing anything but a trailered ride home instead of 10's [Big Grin]

--------------------

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much did the typhoon upper and lower run you?

--------------------
Support our troops!

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

first off, the typhoon is a POS. your better off with a used edelbrock (seriously).
I paid $350 for it, and I scored a edelbrock performer upper for $150 (the uppers are interchangeable, only the victor from edelbrock has a unique lower)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com