Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Results from Friday night.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Results from Friday night.
Ryan Autry
¯
Member # 1989

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan Autry  Ford pictures for Ryan Autry  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My best friend and I went to Famoso Raceway with the SoCal Wild Horse Mustang crew.

He drives a turbo hatchback like mine. It was so busy @ Famoso Raceway he only got one run in. Over 400 cars showed up. [Roll Eyes]

Well on his only run. We disconnected the exhaust @ the downpipe. Also added a few gallon's of 100 Octane. Since we were late. We were unable to get the Drag Raidals mounted. So he ran his street tires (205/45-16). Well the run started off with a Bog, then a little after the 1/8th mile mark the intercooler pipe came off. [Mad]

Well this is how the run came out.

60ft - 2.31

1/8 - 8.5
MPH - 90.52 <-- Whoa. [Eek!]

1/4 - 14.0
MPH - 72.1

We will be up to Sacramento Raceway on Nov. 16th when the SoCal Mustang's are invading. [Big Grin]

Robert also drives a '99 GT *5spd* ( 13.8@100 Stock )

Here is his turbo hatch.

-

• Honda LSD
  • Drag III Turbo Kit 10psi
  • T3/T04 Turbo
  • Spearco FMIC
  • Manual Boost Controller
  • HKS Blow-off Valve
  • Integra Type R Radiator
  • FAL Dual Fans
  • ACT 6 puck Clutchs
  • Lightened Flywheel
  • Holley 255 in line Fuel Pump
  • Vortech FMU
  • B&M Fuel pressure regulator
  • STR Fuel Rail
  • Fuel Pressure Gauge
  • Short Shifter
  • HKS Turbo Timer
    SUSPENSION MODIFICATIONS:
  • Nuespeed 2.25" Race Springs
  • KYB Adjustable Shocks
  • Lower Front Strut Bar

WHEELS & TIRES
  • Spoon 16" Wheels
  • Yokohama Parada Tires

INTERIOR/EXTERIOR MODS:
  • Dual Carbon Fiber Piller Pod
  • Carbon Fiber Boost gauge
  • Carbon Fibe A/F Gauge
  • Integra Type R Shift Knob
  • Integra Type R Seats Front & Rear
  • White Face Guages

[ October 20, 2002, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Ryan Autry ]

--------------------
92' EG Civic
1/4 - 13.4@103.5 w/2.2 60ft
Best MPH -- 107.1

My Webpage / Car pics / Dyno Sheet / Car Modifications / Video's

Posts: 40 | From: Fresno, California | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Ryan Autry
¯
Member # 1989

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan Autry  Ford pictures for Ryan Autry  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I only have 130KB of Bandwidth to share, so be patient.
You will need the newest quicktime installed to watch these.
I am using Sorenson 3 Codec.

Here is a few run down of the video's.

The first video is my 13.4 run @ the track. It was the best this supercharger ever seen hence it is coming off this week. It's being replaced with a turbo kit.
Ryan's 13.4 Run

Here are a couple more quick in-car video's of my car. You can hear the SC'r whine well in these two.
Ryan in-car 1 / 1MB

Ryan in-car 2 / 1MB

The next video consist of my best friend in his turbo hatch owning me on the highway coming home from the Club Si North meets South run in Cali.
Turbo Hatch vs. Supercharged Hatch

The last 2 video are my friends (Robert) turbo hatch vs our other friend (Adrian01GT) in his Supercharged 01' Mustang GT.

Info on the mustang. In both races the mustang only put down 362hp. You can see on the dyno run below. The Red line on the dyno sheet is the tune this mustang was on when the races accrued. Now the mustang make 407whp & 404tq. It's alot faster.
Mustang's Dyno Sheet
Mustang's Modifications

The 1st video starts inside the Hatch. Then we switch and film from the mustang.
Turbo Hatch vs. Mustang 1

The 2nd video consist of 2 highway runs. Both filmed inside the mustang. Sorry for the quality. That's the best I can do at night.
Turbo Hatch vs. Mustang 2

[ October 20, 2002, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Ryan Autry ]

--------------------
92' EG Civic
1/4 - 13.4@103.5 w/2.2 60ft
Best MPH -- 107.1

My Webpage / Car pics / Dyno Sheet / Car Modifications / Video's

Posts: 40 | From: Fresno, California | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com