Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » To everyone who wanted to know when I am going to Sac again..... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: To everyone who wanted to know when I am going to Sac again.....
yipnip5.0
¯
Member # 175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yipnip5.0  Ford pictures for yipnip5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well?
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
12.2 @ 113

With LOW LOW bottle pressure. But hey, he got to drive the car home [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PunkINa5.SLOW:
What block do you have Brain?

Do you have a multi step retard box or just using the manual way to retard?

Factory block, no retard box .....YET
Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
12.2 @ 113? This is a 331 with some mods and a 150 shot????? I hit a 12.1 @ 113 with a stock 93 cobra through the cats by adding nos ONLY?
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
12.2 @ 113? This is a 331 with some mods and a 150 shot?????

i believe its pronounced one-fiddy shot [patriot]
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know I know !!!!!!
The car ran 12.3 @ 110 on the motor last season. I have no bottle heater and on the only full run I got on the bottle, the bottle was WAY TOO COLD and the track kinda sucked Friday night.
The "slick" lane was shut down due to a bunch of breaking car oiling down the track.
Anything above 3000 rpm launch on the other lane would result in spinning off the line on E.T.Drags !!!!
I'll be back with a bottle heater and see what it'll do.

Brian

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol, at least nothing broke. heh.
on a side note, shortly before I motor swapped to a cobra shortblock I was down on speed, down on compression and burning oil, I hope you're not! [Razz]

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brain should be in for a low 11 high 10 second ride when he gets it right.

I went 12.20s@114 with a 175ish shot with stock heads stock intake stock T/B stock MAF and stock shorblock with 2030 cam. 4.10s slicks pullies k&n long tubes flows 5 speed 89 LX of course I had multi step retard box adj reg. 255 pump..........so even HIDNNOS cobra combo had more in it.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I sure hope so !!!!!
I just ordered the bottle heater, gauge and all the shit to put the gauge on the A-pillar.
Unfortunately, I left my helmet in my garage in Redding, so I am either going to have to find a helmet down here to borrow, or drive home during the week and pick mine up
Hoping to make it to Test and Tune again this Friday to see if I can learn how to drive this fucking land barge.
I still need to get my chip reburned to remove the factory rev limiter. I got my 12.36 N/A w/my RPM extender set @ 7000 rpm and a 6600 pill in my MSD. The car likes to rev to 6400 rpm in first gear. Since my RPM Extender got stolen, the best the car has run is a 12.70 @ 107 since I have to shift out of first @ 6100.

Oh well, We'll see

Brian

[ September 30, 2002, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: TheBrain ]

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

BTW, The car (according to the scale @ Sac raceway) now weighs in at a portly 3460 WITHOUT my 210lb ass in it !!!!

Brian

[ September 30, 2002, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: TheBrain ]

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I could bring the EPEC out to pull the rev limiter off what year harness do you have???? [Eek!] [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
I could bring the EPEC out to pull the rev limiter off what year harness do you have???? [Eek!] [Eek!] [Big Grin]

You can ??
What year harness??? The car's harness is an 89
The ECM is a A9L out of I think a 90

Brian

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brian what heater did you get and where are you getting your bottled filled at.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Brian what heater did you get and where are you getting your bottled filled at.

I bought the NOS heater and will bypass the thermostat if need be to achieved the desired pressure [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I got my bottle filled @ Bailey Bros. here in American Canyon (3.75/lb) but will not have them refill it
#1 the guys there are a bunch of cocky Chevy loving assholes that do nothing but talk down Fords
#2 they will NOT do partial refills so it is $37.50 + tax to fill the bottle whether you need 1lb or 10lbs !!!
#3 see #1

I know there is somewhere around here to get them filled, I talked to a welding supply company last week and my be able to get the bottle filled cheaper (3.00/lb) But I am not sure if they do it there while you wait or if they have to send it out (I will find that out tomorrow)
Let me know if you find a good place to go

Brian

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I went 12.20s@114 with a 175ish shot with stock heads stock intake stock T/B stock MAF and stock shorblock with 2030 cam. 4.10s slicks pullies k&n long tubes flows 5 speed 89 LX of course I had multi step retard box adj reg. 255 pump..........so even HIDNNOS cobra combo had more in it.

I think you had more personally. 410's compared to 308's is HUGE. Plus you had exhaust which would have netted me 11's pretty easily. I know all the stuff my car had, but it was all corked up. Both rare speeds with little mods though. Congrats
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you guys reminiscing about your old nitrous combos is like a bunch of old dudes and their war stories :laugh: , keep it up [Big Grin]

Brian, you could try Vic Hubbard in hayward for your bottle fill, or that guy in Sacramento with the shop catering to LS1's, (norcal ls1 owner?)

[ September 30, 2002, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ya, I sure am.

I loved that car man....

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
you guys reminiscing about your old nitrous combos is like a bunch of old dudes and their war stories :laugh: , keep it up [Big Grin]

Brian, you could try Vic Hubbard in hayward for your bottle fill, or that guy in Sacramento with the shop catering to LS1's, (norcal ls1 owner?)

Hayward is a bit out of the way for me, But I didn't think about Ralph @ Hot Rod Haven (I think that's what it's called)
Thanks for the tip
Brian

[ September 30, 2002, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: TheBrain ]

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:

Well then Shady you should put some nitrous on your combo FINALLY run some 11s or 10s and then come reminise with us.

Puss.

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
California Street MAchine will refill your bottle. Not sure of price. Just down the street from my house. (Suisun) 429-1888 Tell Lance Jim Langley sent you.

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TheBrain:
quote:

I sure hope so !!!!!
I just ordered the bottle heater, gauge and all the shit to put the gauge on the A-pillar.
Unfortunately, I left my helmet in my garage in Redding, so I am either going to have to find a helmet down here to borrow, or drive home during the week and pick mine up
Hoping to make it to Test and Tune again this Friday to see if I can learn how to drive this fucking land barge.
I still need to get my chip reburned to remove the factory rev limiter. I got my 12.36 N/A w/my RPM extender set @ 7000 rpm and a 6600 pill in my MSD. The car likes to rev to 6400 rpm in first gear. Since my RPM Extender got stolen, the best the car has run is a 12.70 @ 107 since I have to shift out of first @ 6100.

Oh well, We'll see

Brian

Brian, if you need a helmet for fridays TNT let me know and I'll bring you one.

BTW, this helmet wont get you made fun of by your peers [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

quote:
Brian, if you need a helmet for fridays TNT let me know and I'll bring you one.

BTW, this helmet wont get you made fun of by your peers [Wink] [Razz]

Hey Drew [Razz]
Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know

Brian

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com