Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » GR40 on the strip (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: GR40 on the strip
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didn't really expect much, definitely don't know how to launch the car. I would assume if I made more than one run, I could have gotten 12's for sure.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gR40coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by racercosmo:
YEah, that's what I was thinking, the other car beat me by two seconds, but had the same mph. I just smoked the tires off the line(Hoosier roadrace tires)I guess if I can get it hooked up, it might run a low 11 or high 10. I most likely won't run this car again, but I'm looking for a good running fox body for my own.

How much are you looking to spend?
Are you going to Fosters on Saturday? If you have something, I'll see you then.

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what is this 390 rwhp combo?
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
I assume this is at Sears Point Ice Rink? What tires will you be racing with?

BTW, the comment about the ice rink.... It is still all driver. Junior got in his friends S281 for the first time and nailed off a 1.95 60 time, and a 13.0 @ 105.8..... This car is stock and was on the stock rubber.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my best 60' ever (in July, '02) was at Sears, but it wasn't a wed. night, it was a saturday event. (1.679, stock axles, 3.73 gears, well used 8.5" wide ET Streets)
However, I also have WAAAAY to many 2.0 + 60' on the same ET Streets on a wed. night because of one main problem: you can't hook when you're trying to hole-shot from a puddle! [Razz]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
you can't hook when you're trying to hole-shot from a puddle! [Razz]

If you try to whole shot from a puddle then it was your fault. You don't have just one line you can take to the starting line, and you can usualy see if there is water there. Anyways.... 1.9 on streets was pretty cool for stock SALEEN suspension and rubber, and a first timer. Junior usualy gets 2.1's or high 2.0's with his BALD ass tires on the cobra anyways.
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
So what is this 390 rwhp combo?

I can't tell all, but it's a 306, 12.5-1, AFR 185's port matched to a Victor JR. I don't know the cam specifics, but it's a solid flat tappet. The engine is built to run 8,000, but we usually keep a 7,200 chip in it.

--------------------

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
If you try to whole shot from a puddle then it was your fault. You don't have just one line you can take to the starting line, and you can usualy see if there is water there. [/QB]

ok, you line up behind 100 guys spraying water all over the pad and show me the "proper line" in the dark!

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

They don't spray on the launching pad.... Please....

--------------------

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

then you describe what a fwd car drips all over the launching pad from it's rear tires, sure looks like H20. same thing goes for all the street tired rwd guys.
what is that suspicious hydrogen/oxygen compound laying on the ground on the pad? hmmm, give up? [worship]

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Stop making excuses.... LOL. Well, I don't seem to have problems launching there, and Junior's 60 foot times were prety damn good. I give up as well...

--------------------

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

I already give! [burnout]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com