Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Came out of retirement this past weekend (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Came out of retirement this past weekend
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, like most of you said, my car's retirement wouldn't last forever.
This past weekend, I ran up in Redding in the street class (Left the slicks at home to take it easy on the car)
Running on my regular street tires I ran a best of 12.97 @ 107.36 mph w/2.08 60ft
The track was slick as hell and I had to shift into 2nd gear very carefully (speedshifting resulted in massive tire spin and looking out the side window to see where I was going in 2nd)
The best part is that after being "retired" for about 8 months, my reaction times were in the .5xx's with a best of .510 [Eek!]
Dialing a 13.15 (in case of wheelspin) and slamming the brakes at the end. I was able to not only make it to the final round, but won the class when the other guy red lit [dance] [dance]
I got my first ever drag racing trophy and an $88 check for first place [Big Grin]
There were only 14 cars in the class which is why the payout was so low, But I beat the track's points leader (and last year's track champion) and the guys in 2nd and 3rd in the points too [Big Grin]
Looks like I am going to be back in the game REAL SOON !!!!!!

Thanks for listening
Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good job brain! welcome back! still playing with the "choo-choos"?
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad to see you back. when will you come back to sac. The little white mustang is down to 12.04@113.5 [Confused] [Razz]

[ August 27, 2002, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know who you are, but congratulations. On street tires at that! [worship]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
Glad to see you back. when will you come back to sac. The little white mustang is down to 12.04@113.5 [Confused] [Razz]

12.04?? Damn you guys to hell !!!!!!!
You know, for awhile there, I had on of the faster N/A Mustangs out there. Now it seems I have one of the slowest [Razz]
I need to start doing a few more mods to catch up to to everyone !!!! mmmmm, Maybe a 10lb bottle in the trunk would be the trick [Big Grin] LOL

Brian

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
I don't know who you are, but congratulations. On street tires at that! [worship]

I'm Brian [Big Grin]
My car is the blue '89 ragtop that was ALWAYS at Sac raceway last year, but was retired after I got tired of breaking shit Here is my car before the rollbar and 92 Limited Edition ragtop wing was added

Later
Brian

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good to see your back to the track. Even if your not the fastest n/a car anymore, its definitely one of the cleanest.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the trophy. Its some cleaned up AFR 185's and Victor Jr EFI intake time [worship] [worship] [Big Grin]
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Thanks Scott !!!
It's not even one of the cleanest anymore
Driving it back and forth between Redding and Vallejo has destroyed the paint on the hood and bumper
It looks like someone used a shotgun on my hood with all the paint chips !!! At last count, there were 86 chips in just the hood !!!!!!
Good news is that I am getting it repainted soon

Brian

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Brian, WELCOME BACK!....I knew it wouldn't last! [Wink] ....lol

So when can we expect you to be back at Sac?

Oh, sorry to hear abouh the paint [Frown]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Congrats on the trophy. Its some cleaned up AFR 185's and Victor Jr EFI intake time [worship] [worship] [Big Grin]

Sawson, I have a couple mods in the works [Big Grin]
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TheBrain:
quote:

They better not be silicone bag related [worship]
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

quote:
quote:
quote:

They better not be silicone bag related [worship]
hehehe
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
speedshifting resulted in massive tire spin and looking out the side window to see where I was going in 2nd)

lol, thats always fun
looking foward too seein' that at the sac some weekend [patriot]

[ August 27, 2002, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: cobraman_1994 ]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

quote:
Originally posted by cobraman_1994:
quote:
speedshifting resulted in massive tire spin and looking out the side window to see where I was going in 2nd)

lol, thats always fun
looking foward too seein' that at the sac some weekend [patriot]

I should be able to hit Sac in about a month and see if I can get this pig into the 11's (If all goes as planned) We'll see if I can get the exhaust upgraded (read: BBK long tubes and an off-road pipe)and a bit more tuning
My 12.36 was on a day with great weather, 8.5" E.T Drags and a borrowed off-road h-pipe
We'll see [Wink]

Brian

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok,
I'm a-callin' you out, pardner. Or are you yella? (no offense, Drew). I hope to be in the mid 12's or better by then. Least, that's the plan. Let me know when you are going.

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jim, no offense taken. You'll get your is the end [Razz]

[ August 28, 2002, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats! Glad to see you're back in action. Let us know when you head out to Sac. LOL, at the shotgun look on the hood. I know how you feel. My car's getting painted sometime soon.

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Ok,
I'm a-callin' you out, pardner. Or are you yella? (no offense, Drew). I hope to be in the mid 12's or better by then. Least, that's the plan. Let me know when you are going.

JL

Jim,
Don't let your mouth write checks your ass can't cash !!!!!!! You want a piece on me? Bring it on !!!!!!

Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brian,

Let us know when there is an event on saturday in redding. There are a few of us that want to try the track out. Hopefully next spring/summer I can say I'm calling TheBrain out. [Big Grin]

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Mark,
There is a race this weekend.
Saturday the gates open @ 8am
Time trials start @ 2pm
Eliminations start @ 8pm

Sunday the gates open @ 8am
Time trials start @ 9am
Eliminations start @ noon

Since this is one of their 2 day races, there will be quite a few cars there and I think that some of the Super Gas and Super Street car there. They are always fun to watch

Later
Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can anybody sign up for this. How much is it? I would like to go on saturday.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess you can count me out!!! Im leaving for March Afb sunday for 2 weeks I guess I will be back the 15th of sept... DAMN!!! [Frown]

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Can anybody sign up for this. How much is it? I would like to go on saturday.

Anyone with a car or bike [Big Grin]
Pit pass is $15
Street class costs an additional $15

Give me a call if you have more questions

Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Jim,
Don't let your mouth write checks your ass can't cash !!!!!!! You want a piece on me? Bring it on !!!!!!

Brian

Your on, Big Boy! If I can get the car finished in time. Hope I don't embarrass myself and only run 13's...

[Eek!]

JL

[ August 28, 2002, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: FasterDamnit ]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com