Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Racing a 5.0 at sears point, please comment... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Racing a 5.0 at sears point, please comment...
JOSH
¯
Member # 979

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOSH  Ford pictures for JOSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea I know I didn't mean the wind held him back 2 seconds.All the cars seamed to be slow the 5.0 he raced w/ mac shorty equal lenght headers, msd ignition,
9mm wires ,
K & N ,
msd cap and rotar ,
3.73 fms gears ,
x-pipe ,
2 chamber flows ,
high flow cats ,
removed pre cats and
bfg drag radials

ran a 15.2 @ 90mph

[ August 16, 2002, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: JOSH ]

--------------------
65 fastback mustang
410w 11:1 c-4 592fwhp 560fwtq

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
Originally posted by JOSH:

That would be all DRIVER ERROR. Nearly 2 seconds...c'mon.
Ditto

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
I was just pointing out that mod for mod, Sears Point racers seam to run slower than Sac Raceway racers. You can go to Sac raceway and never see a 15 second 'stang.... but its impossible to ever go to Sears Point and not see a 'stang have problems getting out of the 15's. Just my observation [patriot]

Displacement_Replacement- So the guy ran 15's in a 5.O with those mods huh? [Roll Eyes]
Maxoctane
¯
Member # 1466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maxoctane  Ford pictures for Maxoctane  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nah, you guys don't understand, wednesday night was like running the quarter straight into a tornado. like 35 mph headwind. (I ran a 15.0)

--------------------
www.maxcarauto.com
BUY/SELL/TRADE/FINANCE

JOSH
¯
Member # 979

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOSH  Ford pictures for JOSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would be all DRIVER ERROR. Nearly 2 seconds...c'mon.

Ditto

what [Confused]

--------------------
65 fastback mustang

Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fd3s.  Ford pictures for Fd3s.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
I was just pointing out that mod for mod, Sears Point racers seam to run slower than Sac Raceway racers. You can go to Sac raceway and never see a 15 second 'stang.... but its impossible to ever go to Sears Point and not see a 'stang have problems getting out of the 15's. Just my observation [patriot]

Displacement_Replacement- So the guy ran 15's in a 5.O with those mods huh? [Roll Eyes]
Dude....

I ran 13.7 as my best run of the night, when others with my mods are in low 12's. I dont' know what to say. I did find a boost leak in my car though, so I fixed that, I get much more boost and faster spool up so that should help alot.

I had alot of fun even though I am only hitting stock #'s. alot of it is my tires I am sure...

And about SAC vs Sears I'm going to grudge next time so I will see.

I did notice that the wind is strong at sears it hits your cars while your running. Maybe thats part of the slower times, but not 2 seconds.

David.

Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fd3s.  Ford pictures for Fd3s.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
yea I know I didn't mean the wind held him back 2 seconds.All the cars seamed to be slow the 5.0 he raced w/ mac shorty equal lenght headers, msd ignition,
9mm wires ,
K & N ,
msd cap and rotar ,
3.73 fms gears ,
x-pipe ,
2 chamber flows ,
high flow cats ,
removed pre cats and
bfg drag radials

ran a 15.2 @ 90mph

Josh...

Did you watch the race? Cool, you did not get it on vid did you? I had 4 races that night ranging from 13.7 to 14.5 (I had a fuel cuttoff on the 14.5).

My times were real bad, just at stock level.

David

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you go to the next Sac Grudge night AND my car is back together, let's race. I love going against cars that are close to my ET- door-to-door racing is awesome!
JL

stock looking, green '92 LX hatch.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
If you go to the next Sac Grudge night AND my car is back together, let's race. I love going against cars that are close to my ET- door-to-door racing is awesome!
JL

stock looking, green '92 LX hatch.

Me too. I'm racing a moded WS6 at sac on the 21st, would be cool to hang with you, maybe we can get a few in....

I will not be able to get into the 12's without drag radials or better tires, so if your running the 12.68, @ 107, your not gonna have much of a race [Smile] .

I have nearly the same trap but 1 second less ET, my traction has gone to hell....

But racing close cars is the cooles thing. The WS6 get this.... has the exact same 60' (2.22) almost same ET 13.65 VS 13.64, and he has 105.2 trap vs my 104.87 trap. We will be so close.

let me know if your going.

JOSH
¯
Member # 979

quote:
Josh...

Did you watch the race? Cool, you did not get it on vid did you? I had 4 races that night ranging from 13.7 to 14.5 (I had a fuel cuttoff on the 14.5).My times were real bad, just at stock level.

David

Yea I was there,did the wind die down I left a little early ?
[Frown] Sorry no video [Frown]

[ August 18, 2002, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: JOSH ]

--------------------
65 fastback mustang

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Displacement, Just give it a little time. When you learn how to get your car to hit 2.1's consistently you will be rewarded with the times you desire. This is not difficult with street tires, you just need more time infront of the lights. I met you out there, I had the black saleen the first time you hit the track. I am sure you will be in the real low 13's on street tires with your mph with more track time.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

quote:
Displacement, Just give it a little time. When you learn how to get your car to hit 2.1's consistently you will be rewarded with the times you desire. This is not difficult with street tires, you just need more time infront of the lights. I met you out there, I had the black saleen the first time you hit the track. I am sure you will be in the real low 13's on street tires with your mph with more track time.

Thanks for the moral support! I think I remember you...You had the car out for the first time in a year or so, right?
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ya, I was the one that told you to just let them know that you wanted to be in street. I was there when you teched in the first time that you were in street. Good luck.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Displacement_Replacement:
Dude....

I ran 13.7 as my best run of the night, when others with my mods are in low 12's. I dont' know what to say. I did find a boost leak in my car though, so I fixed that, I get much more boost and faster spool up so that should help alot.

I had alot of fun even though I am only hitting stock #'s. alot of it is my tires I am sure...

I did notice that the wind is strong at sears it hits your cars while your running. Maybe thats part of the slower times, but not 2 seconds.

David.

Yeah, I was just pointing out how my pre-race analysis was right on the money. My 5.O runs the same times as your RX-7 but has pretty much the same mods as the 15.0 second one you raced, however I guaruntee I've given twenty times more attention to the little details on my car/combo. You find people on the internet running two seconds faster than you with the same basic mods, but I gauruntee they've spent a lot of time on minor details that rarely makes it to the internet.
Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

quote:
quote:
Dude....

David.

Yeah, I was just pointing out how my pre-race analysis was right on the money. My 5.O runs the same times as your RX-7 but has pretty much the same mods as the 15.0 second one you raced, however I guaruntee I've given twenty times more attention to the little details on my car/combo. You find people on the internet running two seconds faster than you with the same basic mods, but I gauruntee they've spent a lot of time on minor details that rarely makes it to the internet.
Yea...I know the key is my 60'. I have been afraid to launch my car cause it gets wheel hop from hell. I just ordered competition trailing arms and toe links that help get rid of wheel hop.

I'm getting my car dynoed to see if I'm running rich or lean. I will know on thursday if I'm in the 285 to 320 RWHP that I should be with my mods. Based on what I have read, I should be bout 290 or 300.

Fingers crossed!

soslo
¯
Member # 1748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for soslo  Ford pictures for soslo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hello Everyone. I am the "modded WS6" is going to race @ Sears Point and at Sac next month (Spet 18th @ Sears and Spet 21st @ Sac).

Displacement_replacement is cool, and has more power potential in his car. He just dynoed @ ATP here in Fremont and got 265 RWHP with a 10 and 11 A/F ratio.

Plus he just upgraded the suspension to cure the wheel hop... I think he'll be running 13.3-13.4 @ 105 without issue. Plus he weighs a portly 2700 lbs [Wink]

As for my car, it isn't a WS6, just a Trans Am (2002). My mods for power are simply a Clear Intake Lid w/K&N filter and I cut the bottom out of my airbox. So not really anything to write home about. I now have about 6000 miles on the car. I'd am hoping to cut a 13.5 @ 106.
I also need to weigh my car at Sac...I am guessing about 3700 pounds. Next time I won't bring my toolbox, club (spare me the lecture), and other misc junk.

I dynoed about a week ago to the tune of 312 RWHP and 330 RWTQ. I'd say average. I have the dyno graph and time slips on my site (see sig).

I've run all of my races @ 29 PSI on my stock tires (Goodyear GS-C)...what is the safest I can air them down and still drive from Sac to Fremont?

Hopefully theBrain will come out to Sears point or Sac to watch (he's my cousin) and give me some racing tips (This will be my 4th and 5th times ever!).

--------------------
02 Trans Am :: M6 :: Black/Black
12.99 @ 109.6, 2.06 60' w/ Clear Lid, Stock 16" tires, cutout

312 RWHP / 330 RWTQ SAE (with lid)
329 RWHP / 343 RWTQ SAE (with lid and cutout)
337 RWHP / 348 RWTQ SAE (with lid and cutout and tuning)

BMR STB&SFC, Pro 5.0, QTEC, LS1Edit, 4.10s
outdated details @ http://freewebs.com/soslo

Posts: 36 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
air compressors that run on 12v are like $25 at Target. Splurge man, splurge.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

soslo
¯
Member # 1748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for soslo  Ford pictures for soslo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shade-tree > [Big Grin] hehehe, ok, funny. Pretend I splurge...no wait, I go *all out* - I'm talking pull out all the stops - and get one with a gauge! What is a safe psi to run on street radials? [Razz]

$24,000 Question: would the die hard racer add precious ounces to his car with a DC air compressor? [Wink]

--------------------

Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

quote:
Originally posted by soslo:
Hello Everyone. I am the "modded WS6" is going to race @ Sears Point and at Sac next month (Spet 18th @ Sears and Spet 21st @ Sac).

Displacement_replacement is cool, and has more power potential in his car. He just dynoed @ ATP here in Fremont and got 265 RWHP with a 10 and 11 A/F ratio.

Plus he just upgraded the suspension to cure the wheel hop... I think he'll be running 13.3-13.4 @ 105 without issue. Plus he weighs a portly 2700 lbs [Wink]

As for my car, it isn't a WS6, just a Trans Am (2002). My mods for power are simply a Clear Intake Lid w/K&N filter and I cut the bottom out of my airbox. So not really anything to write home about. I now have about 6000 miles on the car. I'd am hoping to cut a 13.5 @ 106.
I also need to weigh my car at Sac...I am guessing about 3700 pounds. Next time I won't bring my toolbox, club (spare me the lecture), and other misc junk.

I dynoed about a week ago to the tune of 312 RWHP and 330 RWTQ. I'd say average. I have the dyno graph and time slips on my site (see sig).

I've run all of my races @ 29 PSI on my stock tires (Goodyear GS-C)...what is the safest I can air them down and still drive from Sac to Fremont?

Hopefully theBrain will come out to Sears point or Sac to watch (he's my cousin) and give me some racing tips (This will be my 4th and 5th times ever!).

Hey Aaron...

I realize you are mostly stock now and I keep saying WS6, sorry. when I wrote this I did not know what your mods meant (still dont, lol). We should have a good race. It looks like some other LS1's and some of my fellow RX7's (some stock) are going to be there too.

I met some LS1 owners that live near me in some thread and a few of them say they will go. They are mostly stock except 1 that has 400 HP to the wheels. We can all race each other, should be fun. I especially look forward to the guy with 400 RWHP in his 2002 SS to hand me my ass, lol.

Look forward to the race, also I want to see the stock RX7 vs the Stock SS, should be very interesting. It looks like a bunch of us will be there. This is gonna be alot of fun.

David

soslo
¯
Member # 1748

quote:
Hey Aaron...

I realize you are mostly stock now and I keep saying WS6, sorry. when I wrote this I did not know what your mods meant (still dont, lol). We should have a good race. It looks like some other LS1's and some of my fellow RX7's (some stock) are going to be there too.

I met some LS1 owners that live near me in some thread and a few of them say they will go. They are mostly stock except 1 that has 400 HP to the wheels. We can all race each other, should be fun. I especially look forward to the guy with 400 RWHP in his 2002 SS to hand me my ass, lol.

Look forward to the race, also I want to see the stock RX7 vs the Stock SS, should be very interesting. It looks like a bunch of us will be there. This is gonna be alot of fun.

David

No problem, I just wanted to clear up the mod list so everyone is straight.
[Cool]

This sounds like a lot of ppl will be there - good times.

--------------------

z ya
¯
Member # 1327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z ya  Ford pictures for z ya    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I run 18 psi on my stock 245's on the gt. just go
and air up at am/pm on your way home.

--------------------
03 Yukon 6" RCD/welds/MTR's
69 Camaro
72 Commando/500 caddy/39.5 Boggers
96 Dodge Cummins/2" Procomp/35's

Posts: 414 | From: stockton,ca | Registered: May 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com