Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Too damn hot at Sac!!! New times on Nitto's- conundrum for Sawson..

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Too damn hot at Sac!!! New times on Nitto's- conundrum for Sawson..
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well-
As has been said it was roasting in Sac yesterday.

6 PM (23) Jun 05 100.0* (37.8C), 61.0 dewpoint (16.1C), 29.86inHg baro. (1011mb), wind N 9.

I picked up new Nitto's (245/50/16's} and hit the track by 4 and pulled my sway bar end-links. I had NO traction last night. Best 60 ft was 2.15. I had 8 runs (broke out in round two, lots of runs in the fun lanes). I had 6 good burn outs in second and tire pressure was 14.5psi. I had spin, no matter how I launched.

Here is the bizarre part- hit my best mph!! Iced the intake for the first 5 runs (all gone by then...)

Run 1:
60ft. 2.25
13.87 at 102.37mph

Run 2:
60ft. 2.218
13.83 at 102.518!!!

Run 3- elim's, 13.80 dial in:
60ft. 2.166
13.89 at 90.507mph on the brakes

Run 4:
60ft. 2.159
13.77 at 98.343 DOH! Backed off but no brakes at the line, door to door the whole track. He won the lane at the end of the night. Best ET for me...

Last run-
60ft. 2.252
13.90 at 102.053mph.

Not real pleased with the tires. If I lowered the launch rpm to 3700 they would only spin a little but still give a slow 60ft. Tried pressures from 14 to 18psi. Will they improve now that they have had some serious heat cycling?
What about the mph? The tires are a little smaller than the American Racers- 25.67in vs. 26.1in.
JL

[Eek!]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wish I knew your were going I would have gone along. I went to Sears and watched thinking it was going to be to crowded to run. When I got there at 5:40 they still had tech cards. Sucks about the tires maybe next time they will work alittle better. We'll have to lineup on the 15th should be some good races. How about a lake run on Sunday? Are you going to the BBQ Saturday?
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mark-
I thought you were in HA. I could probaly do Sun- not Sat. Give me a call. I went up to Sunrise Ave. at 2 to get the tires. By the time I went home I had a serious headache- all those headlights were a killer..

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We got back Tuesday night. I'll give you a call this weekend.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Interesting riddle in deed [Eek!] I'd guess that the awesome MPH came from the shorter&smoother tire. The bias ply tires we run have more rolling friction than radials. Are you still running through the stock H pipe and cat back?
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Yup. I could only afford one or the other so I chose the one that made my outings easier. Exhaust might be possible next quarter. I hope to have my heads done by July. I hope I can get these to hook- combine that with the mph and Et's gonne drop some more...

[Eek!]

Just couldn't believe the mph would go up in that kind of heat, even with less rolling resistance.

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Give me a call for sunday Mark!!! Hey Jim can I borrow those american racers for the 15th... If you dont mind and your not using them..... Let me know... IKE
Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ike check your VM on your cell.
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
k

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ike-
You bet! If my Nitto's still aren't behaving I will have to slap on the ET drags on the 15th. I have to take family to SFO by 1:30pm on the 15th so I should be back in SS by 3.

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Sweet Thanks JIM!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Just to add more useless info- the corrected altitude was 2900ft! Gotta love that mph at that correction...

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com