Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Got to Drive Someone Else's Car at Sac

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Got to Drive Someone Else's Car at Sac
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One of my coworkers wanted to know what her car could run. It is a stone stock 02 GT with about 8500 miles on it. She told me to drive it on Wenesday. I was pretty impressed with the times considering traction was limited.

Run 1----14.22 @ 99.45
60ft-2.245

Run 2----14.1 @ 100.38
60ft-2.384-ugly

Run 3----13.91 @ 101.58
60ft-2.210
On the third run i yanked the air filter and let some air out of the tires. Not bad but I felt like it was good for a 13.8 with a better launch.

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

Bullitt3905
¯
Member # 905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt3905  Ford pictures for Bullitt3905    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
great times on that dude, my buddy 1sicgt ran a 14.1 with flows and xpipe, check my profile to see my mods. gives me an idea of what my car will run.
the best times i've seen out of a stock GT was a 13.7 with a pro driver powershifting.
What RPM were you launching at??

--------------------
2001 Mustang Bullitt #3905
SR springs, koni orange, steeda sts, magnaflows, 18" Bullitt wheels, grille delete, chin spoiler, 03 cf hood, JLT sri

Posts: 1067 | From: citrus heights, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
was that car stock? I am impressed at the 101 mph! [worship]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

99convcobra
¯
Member # 1339

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99convcobra  Ford pictures for 99convcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats the best cobra times? Stock with IRS

--------------------
99 convertable cobra #867
SOLD 09/01/02
13.702 1/4 mile time
33.010 Autocross time
1 Tranny Smoked
3 tickets
And Counting

NEW COLLEGE CAR
98 V6,
First word "Dam this thing is slow"
11lbs Procharger in October

Posts: 475 | From: Redding at college | Registered: May 2002  |  :
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The car was bone stock. On the first run it was detonating. I thought that was kinda funny. I did not even powershift and I could of picked up another tenth just by that. I was chirping third real good. I was launching about 3400 rpm and flooring it at around 4000 rpm. My Cobra stock before the horsepower "fix" ran 13.95 at 102. Post fix it ran 13.495 at 104.91 both with sixty foot times in the 2.2. The 13.4 was a whimm as it consistantly ran 13.5 @ 104 when it was stock. It sure is a lot more fun to burn out in a GT. IRS sucks for the track!

Pete

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

cobra status
¯
Member # 571

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobra status  Ford pictures for cobra status    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
9cobrasnake9:
How do you launch your cobra? I've only had 2 runs in my car w/ a best 60' of 2.3. Do you still have wheel hop w/ the springs and bushings?

9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

I launch at three grand slipping the clutch and stepping fully on the gas when the tires begin to grab. I do still experiance wheel hop. The only real way to rid yourself of it is to never spin the tires. Stiffening up the suspension does help the threshhold as to when it begins. I have gotten a coupla 2.1 60ft but they are few and far between. Next step is drag radials and stiffer shocks in the rear.

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

cobra status
¯
Member # 571

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobra status  Ford pictures for cobra status    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool, thanks man, i got steeda bushing but im waiting on the gear install to put them in. Our halfshafts are known to break easily w/ drag radials so im not going to rik it until i can afford some GKN stage 3's.

--------------------
2001 Mineral Grey Cobra Coupe

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com