Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » What times did you run on 5/4 or 5/3 ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What times did you run on 5/4 or 5/3 ?
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know a bunch of you went to the track this weekend.... what did your timeslips look like?
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had the 97 rio red cobra there. best run of the night was 13.4 at 104mph with a 1.999 60ft time. it was my first time using DR so i'm learning.
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5/5/02 my Tahoe ran 15.77 with a 7.3 0-60 in 2WD high [Big Grin]

*cough*G-tech time*cough*

edit: btw stangin', with 104mph I ran 12.932/12.945/12.97x last summer. The 60's were all low/mid 1.7x's
I bet you can too [Big Grin] (you have gears right? I had 3.73s)

[ May 05, 2002, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5/3 was great! small crowd, 7 runs.
1st run-
trying Brian's ET Drags again,
bad bog 2.214 60ft.
13.827 at 102.02mph

3rd run 1.895 60 ft.
13.469 at 101.294 after long cool down- probably too cool.

6th run
1.875 60 ft.
13.440 at 102.091

7th run- tried power shifting all gears
1.845 60 ft.
13.556 at 101.903mph- 1-2 shift kind of hung up but went in, 2-3 and 4-3 worked fine.

The paradigm for hitting that 102mph was a 10 to 15 minute icing of intake but engine at normal operating temp. Since I didn't have to sit in the lanes long (maybe 4 cars in front of me) the intake stayed cool. I tried two runs w/ the engine warmed up and the intake was certainly not cool as the car sat while the cleaned up the track. The runs where the engine temp was low netted only 101.2mph.

JL

[ May 05, 2002, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: FasterDamnit ]

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:

My Trailblazer 2wd ran 15.62 at 86.8mph last week- so there! Not bad for a straight six and 4400lbs...

[Razz]
[patriot]

JL

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jim, I am totally quoting a G-tech here, I think a trailblazer would smoke me.

me: 4wd, 47xx lbs w/o me, 260 HP stock rating from the 350.

trailblazer: much lighter, more power--- go figure.

the 350 may have a torque advantage I guess. but not enough to matter I imagine.

btw, so that intake is worth what? 0.5 mph or so? 0.2 mph? where's my $1 from st5150? [worship]

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah- the TB has 270hp/270TQ and the TQ is in by 2200rpm! We won't mention that I got the tow package w/ 4.10's.... (6200lbs towing)
As far as the money goes- I didn't make any bets. I know better! Guess you'll have to lean on Sawson...

[Eek!] [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

JL

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

I just looked up the Tahoe stats, 260 HP/335 TQ, no idea what the torque curve is [Wink]
tow rating 7,000 though. should be enough to pull a 2600 lb. stang I bet [Big Grin] [patriot]

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

*cough*G-tech time*cough*

edit: btw stangin', with 104mph I ran 12.932/12.945/12.97x last summer. The 60's were all low/mid 1.7x's
I bet you can too [Big Grin] (you have gears right? I had 3.73s)

yeah i have 4.10s. after a good burnout, what rmp should i launch at? i was launching at around 2,200-2,300rpm.
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

oh geez, 2500 rpms won't get it done. I'd say try 3000, 3500, 4000, 4500. See how high you can go.

I 60'd around 1.7x with 3500 launches on ET streets with 3.73s in a normal fox T5.

the key is finding the line between 'hook', 'bog' and 'spin' [Big Grin]

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

btw, so that intake is worth what? 0.5 mph or so? 0.2 mph? where's my $1 from st5150? [worship]

Funny how people try to change their bets after the hand has been dealt. Looking back at the orginal bet ( http://www.cafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000236&p= ):

quote:
1my guess is mphbefore ~= mphafter

and

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:

my guess is mphbefore ~= mphafter + 0.33 [Big Grin] [patriot]

Whats up now? [Cool]

-Sawson

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:

I'll be impressed with consistant 102 mph with it, but I think the average 100.5 to 101.5 mph traps will still be there.

Well!?!

[Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin]

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

damn. so is it closer to 0 or 0.33?
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Before the intake I only hit 102 ONCE... 48*, 30.33inHg, -1500ft corrected. I believe you looked up the conditions for that run and posted the corrected altitude.

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

well it beats the hell out of me then. sounds like it's somewhere around 0-1 mph [Wink]
therefore I win [Big Grin]
(st5150 loses due to overprecision of digits [patriot] )

new rule. [worship]

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Geeez-
I hit 102 three times last Fri. night in much warmer weather and hgier alt. That intake is worth a solid .5mph to 1mph. Give in already!!!!

[Razz]

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

when the hell are your TFS heads going to be done anyways? not like I can talk... been down since October... yet I should be out at Sears wed. night.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
quote:

I'll be impressed with consistant 102 mph with it, but I think the average 100.5 to 101.5 mph traps will still be there.

Well!?!

[Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin]

JL

You know you're my hero [Wink]

Honestly, I told you this last october, I'm not going to get the chance to race much so I'll just "live" through you since our cars are so evenly matched. No doubt you're a much better T5 driver than I am now [patriot]

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
well it beats the hell out of me then. sounds like it's somewhere around 0-1 mph [Wink]
therefore I win [Big Grin]
(st5150 loses due to overprecision of digits [patriot] )

new rule. [worship]

Its all good [Smile] [worship] [dance]
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Thanks, Sawson.
I have got more work to do on powershifting. I am thinking of doing Fri. night again and see if I can combine a 1.84 60 ft w/ a clean powershifted run. Chirag might come out in his '88. The heads are ready to go. I just need to tear the car down and then bolt on a head and check pushrod length. I have a set of 6.550" but i think they will be too short. The heads have about .010" shaved off- cc'ed at 60. Should give about 9.44:1 compression. I SHOULD have T-box reinforcements and subframes on by Fri.

JL
[patriot]

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com