Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » HEY BUNCHMYFUNKY?????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: HEY BUNCHMYFUNKY?????
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
YOU STILL GOING TO NIGHT????? I will be able to start rolling at four!! That is when I get off work..... Or is that to late to race what do you think???? I figured it would not be to bad because of sears opening, and them haveing it on friday nights now....

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll meet you up there. I'm gonna leave a little early 3:30

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will see you there!!!! Your running right??? I will be.... May be I can break into the 15's this time>>>>> [Wink] [Big Grin] [dance]
Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I will see you there!!!! Your running right??? I will be.... May be I can break into the 15's this time>>>>>
I'm racing. With my driving I'll probably see you in the 15s [Big Grin]

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mark,
Want to meet up? I want to see what my new Co. car can do. I need to get my torque boxes repaired on the '92 LX before it goes back to the track.

Jim

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

email me your phone #. bunchmyfunky@yahoo.com

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Done.
JL [Razz]

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Mark,
Want to meet up? I want to see what my new Co. car can do. I need to get my torque boxes repaired on the '92 LX before it goes back to the track.

Jim

Jim, ever track test the Cobra intake? Shade-tree and I had big dollar...s riding on that track test.
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ok, OK....

I only had one good run that night- the first.
(on American Racers)

1.92 60 ft.
8.59 1/8th at 81.23mph
13.437 at 101.943mph.

Not what I hoped for BUT-

Best run in sig was run in high 40's with great baro and powershifting. This run was in high 70's (if not 80) temp and lower baro and NO powershifting. So you guys can argue over the "winner"...

One thing is certain- My torque boxes are toast. Lots of clunking and creaking coming from both sides. Consistant launches just aren't possible. I hope to order a set of full length subframes soon- any suggestions? Get all the welding done at the same time.

JL
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so the intake is worth 0.2 mph or so, where's my $1?

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Ok, OK....

I only had one good run that night- the first.
(on American Racers)

1.92 60 ft.
8.59 1/8th at 81.23mph
13.437 at 101.943mph.

Not what I hoped for BUT-

Best run in sig was run in high 40's with great baro and powershifting. This run was in high 70's (if not 80) temp and lower baro and NO powershifting. So you guys can argue over the "winner"...

One thing is certain- My torque boxes are toast. Lots of clunking and creaking coming from both sides. Consistant launches just aren't possible. I hope to order a set of full length subframes soon- any suggestions? Get all the welding done at the same time.

JL
[Roll Eyes]

Interesting results... so assuming you didn't have that 102 MPH "Luke" air, you normally ran 100.5 to 101 mph right? So the intake was probably worth 0.5 to 1.5 MPH? Have you noticed a change in trap speed by powershifting? I wasn't impressed with my BBK subframes. The only good thing I have to say about them is that the bolt ovaling is BS. I have about 60K miles on them, always kept the bolts snug and the holes haven't ovaled. With that said, Maximum Motorsports and Global West full length subs seem to be the most popular. I was so unimpressed with mine, I considered unbolting them for the 17 lbs weight savings. Weld up the boxes soon (if they're still repairable) or you may be looking at doing a battle-box for Fordmuscle.com So when are you planning on doing the heads and cam?

-Sawson [patriot]

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

I'd say a 1mph increase w/ powershifting all 4 gears. But I am still not proficient. I am probably going with Maximum Motorsports full length, weld-in SF's and the Wolfe Race Craft torque box reinforcements and do it all at once (if I can find a shop I trust to do it.) I will take pics and post them in my album here. The T boxes are in bad shape- scared to look! My heads are finished but I think I should fix the rear end before I add more power and leave my 8.8 lying on the road.

JL

edit- no cam, stocker + 1.7 TW 7/16" rockers. Want that stock idle and easy stop-n-go driveability.

[ April 27, 2002, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: FasterDamnit ]

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
I'd say a 1mph increase w/ powershifting all 4 gears. But I am still not proficient. I am probably going with Maximum Motorsports full length, weld-in SF's and the Wolfe Race Craft torque box reinforcements and do it all at once (if I can find a shop I trust to do it.) I will take pics and post them in my album here. The T boxes are in bad shape- scared to look! My heads are finished but I think I should fix the rear end before I add more power and leave my 8.8 lying on the road.

JL

edit- no cam, stocker + 1.7 TW 7/16" rockers. Want that stock idle and easy stop-n-go driveability.

No cam? Ouch [Frown] Does anyone make 1.8:1 rockers? [Big Grin] I think its all in the tune. I've been in E cam cars that took me a few seconds to spot the cam over the 2 chamber flowmasters. I've also been in a F cam car with a custom chip and that thing idled/drove smoother than most E camed cars I've seen!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com