Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sears on the 17th? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Sears on the 17th?
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sfGi8nt:
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Sky looks clear..... I'm curious to see what people ran.

I ran shitty times and ALL 4 runs I had 2.2-2.4 60' times [Frown]
The traction there SUCKS.
Hey RiddlerGT, was your buddy in the silver lightning alone? I raced a guy in a silver lightning and it was a very VERY good race. Here are the times..

Lightning - Me

1.188 : R/T : .982
2.30 : 60' : 2.39
6.05 : 330' : 6.08
9.08 : 1/8 : 9.10
81.07 : MPH : 81.53
13.956 : 1/4 : 13.960
100.75 : MPH : 101.20

Let me know if that was your buddy!

Looks like a good race for Sawson

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PunkINa5.SLOW:
quote:
quote:

Hey RiddlerGT, was your buddy in the silver lightning alone? I raced a guy in a silver lightning and it was a very VERY good race. Here are the times..

Lightning - Me

Who, me or the lightning? I also got that race on tape! If its your buddy and he wants a dub, let me know! It was a cool race. The only thing that is kinda weak about it, is that the time clocks weren't working today, so we only know the times becuase of the slips. It woulda looked cool to have on the tape at the end of the race [Frown]

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
13.64 @ 102.26 w/ 2.09 60'
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PunkINa5.SLOW:
quote:
quote:

Lightning - Me

Give me a 'lil more respect than that, Look at the reaction times... I'd be 4-7 car lengths ahead at the finish line [Wink]

Here is a video of me racing a white automatic LT1 on a bum clutch last summer:

http://www.californiafords.com/mpg/smoked_clutch_and_beat_lt1.mpg Now this race was close! I think I won by 0.04 seconds... all on the tree.

[ April 18, 2002, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lightning - Me

[/QUOTE]Give me a 'lil more respect than that, Look at the reaction times... I'd be 4-7 car lengths ahead at the finish line [Wink]

Here is a video of me racing a white automatic LT1 on a bum clutch last summer:

http://www.californiafords.com/mpg/smoked_clutch_and_beat_lt1.mpg Now this race was close! I think I won by 0.04 seconds... all on the tree.[/QB][/QUOTE]

That is what he beat me by .004 Yeah the R/T time was a lil high, thats why I thought that I won becuase at the end of the run, he was about a 1/4 length back, but after I saw his R/T, I understood why he got me! It was a close one though!
Aww, you can't even see what the LT1 ran. Don't get me wrong, I take your word, but it would have looked cool to see BOTH times. That is why I was mad that the clocks weren't wroking today, becuase my buddy got that run on tape, but without times [Frown]

[ April 18, 2002, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: sfGi8nt ]

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn, I didnt come out yahoo.com predicted rain so i stayed home, then i see the skys are clear I'm wondering if i should trust yahoo.com anymore lol, gonna go to sac friday though.
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Weather sucked and so did the track!

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RiddlerGT:
Weather sucked and so did the track!

damn fool you should have called me up i had today off. [Mad]

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

The Rick
¯
Member # 327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Rick  Ford pictures for The Rick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Could those idiots have ran that shit any worse? [Mad]

I got 1 run in after 2 hours of sitting in line. Got back in line. Got kicked out after like another hour of sitting in line for no reason at all [Roll Eyes] I thought the guy was moving me to a line that was about to go because I had only ran once and got their 40 minutes before it opened but he moved me to a line of cars that had just came back.

--------------------
90GT: h/c/i
05 wrx

Posts: 868 | From: plumas lake (sacramento area) | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am kinda glad I didn't go it sounded like a freaking mess!

hey SFgi8nt, in sawson's vid you can see the win light on top of the time [Big Grin] he did smoke the LT1 hehe, from the sounds of it the LT1 was spinning pretty bad though.

hey sawson, when are you gonna be at the track again, I'd love to line up with you, in the GTP [Big Grin] sfgi8nt I'd love to run you too, going to sac anytime soon?

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

quote:
Originally posted by The Rick:
Could those idiots have ran that shit any worse? [Mad]

I got 1 run in after 2 hours of sitting in line. Got back in line. Got kicked out after like another hour of sitting in line for no reason at all [Roll Eyes] I thought the guy was moving me to a line that was about to go because I had only ran once and got their 40 minutes before it opened but he moved me to a line of cars that had just came back.

That sucks bro. I ran at 4:15 about 30 minutes after getting there. When I finished my run, I went around and got all clogged up in the back. Some guy showed me to a lane that wasn't moving! About 5 minutes later, the line starts moving, and I get to run again. When I get to the front, I told the guy that I had already ran and some guy told me to go here and that I didn't want to look like I was sneaking runs, he said to just run again. I ran twice in the first hour! I am sure there were more people like me(but did it on purpose) and made it harder for people to get atleast 2 runs in. My buddy came with me left after 2 and a half hours without running once. Those people don't know how to prep a track or keep it moving! They need some serious brains there or something if they want to get thier money back from the rebuild. Becuase I won't keep going there if it stays like that! I promised myself that today after running 4 times ALL with horrible traction!
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

quote:
Originally posted by nickn:

hey SFgi8nt, in sawson's vid you can see the win light on top of the time [Big Grin] he did smoke the LT1 hehe, from the sounds of it the LT1 was spinning pretty bad though.

hey sawson, when are you gonna be at the track again, I'd love to line up with you, in the GTP [Big Grin] sfgi8nt I'd love to run you too, going to sac anytime soon?

I hadn't planned on going to the track anytime soon. But I got this Transgo I am about to get installed, and since SP didn't show me any love with some new times, I might have to make it out to Sac this weekend! Let me know when you plan on going! I'll line em up with you to get smoked! I ain't trippin [Big Grin]

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
271rwhp & 304rwtq
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

[ April 18, 2002, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: sfGi8nt ]

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
271rwhp & 304rwtq
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

nickn
¯
Member # 193

quote:
quote:

I hadn't planned on going to the track anytime soon. But I got this Transgo I am about to get installed, and since SP didn't show me any love with some new times, I might have to make it out to Sac this weekend! Let me know when you plan on going! I'll line em up with you to get smoked! I ain't trippin [Big Grin]
right on man, I'm going for the friday test and tune, track prep should be good. Show me some tail lights..... if you can [Big Grin]
nickn
¯
Member # 193

BTW track info www.sacramentoraceway.com TnT starts at 6pm
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

I went to T&T on Saturdays before they switched to Friday nights. How many runs do you get in on Fri nights? Also, since I will be coming from Oakland, traffic is a biatch going out there at that time [Frown]
Let me know, if it is worth it, I will go! I just want to get atleast 3 runs in for the $40, and also for the track to be prepped well for the big $ I will be laying down [Big Grin]
There was nothing like the last time I went to Sac. The track hooked SO good for me.

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
271rwhp & 304rwtq
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

97cobra
¯
Member # 150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra  Ford pictures for 97cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Every time I go to that damn track something happens to my car. The weather wasn't that good, Cold and windy. I thought that the traction wasn't too bad, but maybe that was just me. The whole day sucked thought. They haven't fixed the lights yet so we could only run tell 7:30 witch mean that most people only got one or two runs in. The worst part is that I broke my car on my second pass down. I think my linkage is gone. The car is stuck in first and I have no neutral or any other gear for that matter. Had to tow it to Hayward ford. [Mad]

--------------------
"Some people dream with success... while others wake up early and work hard to have it." Man do I ever want to go back to dreaming of it !!!

Posts: 116 | From: Fremont, ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you think driving from Oakland is bad, try doing it from San Jose!
nickn
¯
Member # 193

I havent been to a friday TnT yet, it should be good though(I'm hoping for cool air and good track prep). if you dont make this one I'll let you know how it goes.
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

quote:
I havent been to a friday TnT yet, it should be good though(I'm hoping for cool air and good track prep). if you dont make this one I'll let you know how it goes.

Yes, please do that! I would like to hear how the Fri T&Ts go before I make a trip out there! But if by some miracle I get enough money today to get my Transgo installed tomorrow up in Sac then I might have to stop by. But as of now, I dont know!
Let me know!

[ April 18, 2002, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: sfGi8nt ]

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
271rwhp & 304rwtq
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

A BIG maybe I'll be there this summer. I'm sure your pullied up super charger will love that Sacramento summer heat [Wink] If Dan wants to let me borrow a 3.35 1st geared T5, chances will be increased [Big Grin] In the mean time, there is a emerald green LX with pony wheels that is always out there (FasterDamnit), he's running damn near the same combo as I am. He can be my proxy.

sfGi8nt- I have the timeslip from that video, I just have to dig it up and scan it sometime. I had all the numbers from it on a long post on corral.net, but their servers crashed and it was lost [Frown] The ET's wheren't special, both 14.2's

DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennisG  Ford pictures for DennisG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey! No comments about my reaction time! Maybe I wanted to give Tone a little head start!! [Big Grin] jk

That was my Silver Lightning, and I agree that was one close race! 13.956 to 13.960 Only .004 difference!! Not bad for the ol' land barge, eh?
[Wink]

--------------------
Chrysler 2006 300C 6.1 SRT8
Stock with 1400 miles -13.2 @ 108.5

Posts: 387 | From: Manteca, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
nickn
¯
Member # 193

quote:
quote:

A BIG maybe I'll be there this summer. I'm sure your pullied up super charger will love that Sacramento summer heat [Wink] If Dan wants to let me borrow a 3.35 1st geared T5, chances will be increased [Big Grin] In the mean time, there is a emerald green LX with pony wheels that is always out there (FasterDamnit), he's running damn near the same combo as I am. He can be my proxy.

sfGi8nt- I have the timeslip from that video, I just have to dig it up and scan it sometime. I had all the numbers from it on a long post on corral.net, but their servers crashed and it was lost [Frown] The ET's wheren't special, both 14.2's

I don't race when its hot [Big Grin] lol perhaps in september when its cooler hehe.
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

quote:
Originally posted by DennisG:
Hey! No comments about my reaction time! Maybe I wanted to give Tone a little head start!! [Big Grin] jk

That was my Silver Lightning, and I agree that was one close race! 13.956 to 13.960 Only .004 difference!! Not bad for the ol' land barge, eh?
[Wink]

I got that on video. It was really cool! Let me know if you want me to put it up!
So much for going REAL easy as we both said we were going to do on our last run, huh?(before we knew we were gonna line up together) I didn't even rev before. I just idled and waited for the 3rd light, and EASED into full throttle, and I STILL spun like crazy! That track felt too wierd yesterday!
Let me know about the video though!

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
271rwhp & 304rwtq
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennisG  Ford pictures for DennisG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have to admit, that was a sweet race. Can't wait to see the vid. I agree, that track felt like ice. I guess sitting in line for hours with nice and cold tires, and a cold track don't help much either! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Chrysler 2006 300C 6.1 SRT8
Stock with 1400 miles -13.2 @ 108.5

Posts: 387 | From: Manteca, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dennis, truck is currently at ford they said they cant find any problems!

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com