Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Good T&T today (where were you, Mark?) (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Good T&T today (where were you, Mark?)
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was busy but a lot less trailered cars today. Knocked off 7 runs. Best 60 ft. was 1.82 but ran like crap after shifting into 4th- I was too low on gas! Ran 13.73 at 95.49. Got two gallons of 110 and kept on trucking. The street lanes were pretty full so I just kept getting back into line. Iced the intake, ran the ET Drags as low as 14 psi. They don't seem to be hooking any better than my American Racer's (maybe a tiny bit better.) I tried small and big burnouts in 2nd. Launched as high as 5k. Best ET -13.53 at 100.999 on a 1.85 60 ft. Missed first the attempts at power shifting so I went back to speed shifting. Ran two 13.5's, three 13.6's, one 13.7 and one I won't discuss. Worst 60 ft- 1.911, two 1.901's, and four 1.8x's. LOTS of LS1's there- almost no Mustangs. Got to see a blown, big block Pinto hit the wall past 1/2 track. Luckily he walked away. Should get the new heads back from the shop next Saturday. Can't wait!
Jim L.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Right on. I didnt really get to talk to any of you guys except Brian when he was looking for a pair of pliers for me.

WrathOf5.8 was kickin some ass!!

I had all kinds of trouble keeping my car idling at the tree but other than some stalling issues and 2nd gear launches I did ok considering I have no tuning yet so I can squeeze another 3 tenths out of it. Best today 11.86@114.5 1.58 60'

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
F8L

Where you feathering the car then stabbing it at some point?

I didnt know of your mods, but I thought you had a bottle baby because of your driving style after the 60 foot.

Just curious.

That is a strong running car for all motor.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jim- Sweet! That 2.95 1st gear is really holding you (us) back on slicks. 4.10's or a 3.35 T5 is probably worth .2 seconds for us. How did the 110 octane hurt your MPH?

Justin- Congrats! So are you getting a cage now? Have you LS1_edited it?

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Someone tell me what WrathOf5.8 was running! I can't stand the wait!

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone catch me snap the axle??
Ewwwwww...... what a day.

--------------------
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition
"Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!"

Posts: 2601 | From: Tomball, TX | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sawson-
I had 4 runs on the 110. The mph really didn't change for the worse. It seemed to be more dependent on cool down/icing time. I started the day at 100.473mph on 91 and my last run on 110 was 100.999 mph after an hour cooldown and 1 whole bag of ice. The baro was down at the end of the day, as well. Nowhere near the conditions I ran 102mph in...

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Sawson-
I had 4 runs on the 110. The mph really didn't change for the worse. It seemed to be more dependent on cool down/icing time. I started the day at 100.473mph on 91 and my last run on 110 was 100.999 mph after an hour cooldown and 1 whole bag of ice. The baro was down at the end of the day, as well. Nowhere near the conditions I ran 102mph in...

JL

Last July I tried about a gallon and half of 110 mixed with 6 gallons of 91 and I felt less throttle response and ran a crappy MPH. My MAF was bad at the time as well, but I blamed the race gas for part of it. I could run 15 degrees initial with no ping (vs 11-12)

Yeah, it seems that only you and Luke have ever caught that 102MPH air

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hmmm- I run 16 degrees all the time on 91. I have had some ping- but it was in 100*+ weather and with my old radiator.

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Hmmm- I run 16 degrees all the time on 91.

Yeah, but I mix this special blend of 10-30W Octane de-booster with my air/fuel I have to run 9 degrees initial with '87 octane right now so I don't ping

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
uhh

Sawson I say break down and ring and bearing her.

It takes a weekend if you already have a crank turned and you will be soo happy

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PunkINa5.SLOW:
uhh

Sawson I say break down and ring and bearing her.

It takes a weekend if you already have a crank turned and you will be soo happy

You mean 22-27% leak down across the rings is bad Actually I plan not to race her and just pump 87 octane and put it around like a Civic until I graduate in a few years.

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You probably saw my very first run of the day where I was listening to the damn starting line guys and they got me all screwed up and I ended up launching in 2nd gear (00' autos can do that), as soon as I seen what I had done I slamed it back into 1st and proceeded to get all crooked. Other than that one time I usually just stab it as hard/fast as I can and hold on. Ihave to keep the gear selector in OD otherwise I'll bounce off the limiter with this computer controled trans, so its prety much a no brainer after the launch. Thx for the props bro.

Sawson, Thx dude. I have not done the LS1 Edit yet. It should be here next week and then I will hit the dyno and start the tuning process. I think I can get another couple mph and tenths with the programming according to some of the data I logged today with AutoTap. Our cars pull timing durring/after the 2nd to 3rd gear shift because the PCM senses too much torque or some such nonsense and my timing advance drops from 29deg to 22-23 from about 60mph to 90 mph then slowly makes its way back to 29deg so I know fixing that alone should give me a full 10th and 1mph. I am hoping for solid 116mph traps and 11.60 ET's.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That would explain it.

I thought you were frontin with the non nitrous rig.

My bro was like yeah that is all motor and then I seen you do that and I said yeah sure.

I guess I was wrong.

Good run that fucker flies but I expect it to.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Octane De-booster! Now that's funny! HAAAA!
ROFLMAO!

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Mipaz
Old School
Member # 386

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mipaz  Ford pictures for Mipaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
Right on. I didnt really get to talk to any of you guys except Brian when he was looking for a pair of pliers for me.

WrathOf5.8 was kickin some ass!!

I had all kinds of trouble keeping my car idling at the tree but other than some stalling issues and 2nd gear launches I did ok considering I have no tuning yet so I can squeeze another 3 tenths out of it. Best today 11.86@114.5 1.58 60'

SWEET SHIT BRO!!

hey and that was not tuned right?? man you 60' is the shit dog.

--------------------
Wheels on the Vette go round and round.

Posts: 1700 | From: Over There | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:

Sawson, Thx dude. I have not done the LS1 Edit yet. It should be here next week and then I will hit the dyno and start the tuning process. I think I can get another couple mph and tenths with the programming according to some of the data I logged today with AutoTap. Our cars pull timing durring/after the 2nd to 3rd gear shift because the PCM senses too much torque or some such nonsense and my timing advance drops from 29deg to 22-23 from about 60mph to 90 mph then slowly makes its way back to 29deg so I know fixing that alone should give me a full 10th and 1mph. I am hoping for solid 116mph traps and 11.60 ET's.

I wonder why they pull so much timing. Is LS1 edit suppose to fix this? I'm sure 116 mph will come with relative ease. You where launching on ET streets right?

Jim- maybe I should try some synthetic 10-30W octane de-booster?

nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:

I wonder why they pull so much timing. Is LS1 edit suppose to fix this? I'm sure 116 mph will come with relative ease. You where launching on ET streets right?

Jim- maybe I should try some synthetic 10-30W octane de-booster?

Torque management, its to save the stock tranny.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
Originally posted by nickn:

Torque management, its to save the stock tranny.

"Torque management" is a term that just doesn't compute with me.... it is common practice to retard timing between shifts on many cars.... does the LS1 just keep it retarded for an extended period of time for some reason?

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

It isnt for a real long time but you can instantly feel it rigth after the shift and it starts to bog, then you can feel it starting to pick power back up as if you had been slipping a clutch then you're back to normal. All I know is it sucks BIG TIME!!!

Mipaz, yeah no tuning yet bro. My LS1 Edit will be here next week and I'm gonna be up all night next week reading shit on LS1Tech in the programing section. I just hope I can get another 20hp or so and some TQ out of this thing so I can get lower 60's cuz its fun as hell. Brandon said if I had skinnies and stock springs in the rear I coudl yank a tire I was mashin down so hard.... Time for an airbag.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Opps, forgot to change my wieght in my sig. New weight below. Sorry.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[dance] for Justin. Way to go. Those 60's are insane Congrats [dance]

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what the hell? i got there at 11 and got right in line, didnt get my first run till like 1. got 3 runs total

where do you get the high octane gas?

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

John what did you end up running?

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The high octane gas is across from the "food" stand on your left.
At least thats what they call the shit they sell to eat there!!
LOFL!

--------------------
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition
"Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!"

Posts: 2601 | From: Tomball, TX | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com