Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Project 5.0: Went to the track today

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Project 5.0: Went to the track today
5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Brian  Ford pictures for 5.0Brian    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a new best time of 13.83 at 98.74 mph with a 2.04 60 ft after the installation of my shifter and pullies. It was sort of warm today though, so there's still a little more left in it. I even got 7 runs in, but the first 4 weren't good at all, took me a little bit to get in a groove and stop missing shifts or getting a 2.9 60 ft I got on one run. I didn't ice the intake either, I should probably start doing that soon. My mph went up from other runs today by taking Jim's advice and shifting at 5500 on the 1-2 and the 2-3 shifts, and my normal 5200 on the 3-4. I had to do a pretty big burnout even on my radials to get some good traction. I'll be back to the track on the 16th also. I might have my exhaust on by then I hope.

--------------------
Brian

---Rest In Peace Miles Werho-Dec. 8 2002---

Posts: 561 | From: Antioch, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was great to meet you today! Glad you to see you go all the way to the 13.8's. Your biggest improvement was in your launch, good driving! I hit one 13.5 at 100.5mph on a 1.87 60 ft and a pair of 13.56's (1.88, 1.90). Dropping the sway bar was not a big help- might be at the limit of my worn out dirt track tires. It was nice to see the 13.5's w/ 1 mph less top end due to the warmer weather/lower baro. Only power shifted 3-4 today- worried about breakage (The Brain's legacy...). The tires spin a little at launch (13psi) but don't squeal- kind of a ripping sound due to the tread.

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Brian what happen?!?! i thought you were going to let me know if you were going or not??!?! i was home all day just relaxing....
Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Brian  Ford pictures for 5.0Brian    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by youl luz:
Hey Brian what happen?!?! i thought you were going to let me know if you were going or not??!?! i was home all day just relaxing....

I thought that you were going to go anyways. Remember you said at work, "See you on Saturday." I tried calling you from the track but you didn't pick up. Oh well though, think of it this way...you saved 7 bucks, lol. So, what do you think of the new time?

--------------------
Brian

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very impressive. I wonder if you got factory 3.27 gears. Check your drivers side door sticker and see what the "AX" code is. M=2.73, Z-3.08, E=3.27
5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Very impressive. I wonder if you got factory 3.27 gears. Check your drivers side door sticker and see what the "AX" code is. M=2.73, Z-3.08, E=3.27

Thanks. I checked it to make sure and it says Z.

--------------------
Brian

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very impressive for 3.08's. With the usual worth while bolt-ons, you'll be right there with FasterDamnit!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com