Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » T&T at Sac. on Sat. the 9th- who's going?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: T&T at Sac. on Sat. the 9th- who's going?
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The forecast looks good. I am going to unbolt my swaybar and try to better my 13.3. Mark & Ike?

Jim L.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Jim, I'll be out there as a spectator. Have you installed any new goodies yet? My is under construction. Mark should be out there on some new Nittos so you better watch out . See ya there, Drew

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey, Drew!
I am the proud owner of a ported Cobra intake and 65mm throttle body but won't install those until it is time for the heads to go on. So no new fast stuff on the car. Might be able to try some slicks. See you there!

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nope I wont be out there this weekend. Lots of yard work to do. I should be out on the 16th. With my new mods. By the way Jim you wanna help me put on my x-pipe we can write it up and take pictures for your website.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jim,

I was set to go until I looked at the video that Gabriel and Brian shot the last time I was out and saw my burnouts. Only the right slick was smoking. I have a spool that I need to install in the next week or so and should be out testing again by the end of this month.

Good luck on your testing and unbolting the sway bar should help.

BTW, this video shows you giving a big "YES" swing of your arm when I beat that black Mustang. Thanks

[ February 07, 2002: Message edited by: John91coupe ]

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

I can't make it on the 16th, I'll be in MA (10th-17th). Is that video on the web? I would love to see it! Guess the nice looking burnout was just one tire.
Mark- maybe in two weeks. My schedule is quite busy. Hope I can get time to do my heads and intake.

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Is that video on the web?

No, I think Sawson is having problems with his camera or somthing. Next time you see him bug him about putting it up. Good luck tomorrow.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jim no problem. I'll see if I can pull Brian out or retirement to help me.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Still trying to decide because of my u-joint!!! I hope it would not go out!! I have a new sitting on the tool box!!! Do you think I will have Probs???? If I go???

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How bad is it? I wouldn't think that it would take a dump on you unless it is really messed up. Why not just replace the U joint before you go so you don't have to worry about it?

--------------------
AED

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The grease fitting on it broke off when me and jim was installing the shift kit!!

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Heh, my ford racing aluminum drive shaft came w/u joints that don't even have grease fittings....you should be fine bro.

--------------------
AED

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

How long does this take to do??

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

I could be done in about 15 minutes if you have done it before. If it is you first time I would say 1/2 hour, and most of that time is jacking up the car....lol Its no big deal really.

--------------------
AED

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Well then im going to tear into it!!! Cool !!! maybe I will see you tommarrow Thanx

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

No problem bro, good luck

--------------------
AED

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Well, Ike? Ready to caravan up? Geoff say he wants to go. He can be my photog. Chirag may come up as well in his '88 on brand new Nitto's.

Oh, yeah, Happy Birthday!!!!
[Bling Bling] [Bling Bling] [Bling Bling]

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

i appologize JIM!!! long weekend. Work called me back in friday then I worked till allmost ten... Ill tell you more when I see you.. Then i had to go into work saturday afternoon to set it all off. And I was not even on stanby!!!! [BS flag] But I guess it commes with the territory!! I need to get my machine to the track talk to you guys later.. I will be at the cruise next weekend on sunday...

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

No sweat-I remember those days (sort of...)

I will be in Mass. 10th-17th. Gotta go catch a flight right now. Talk to you later! Oh, yeah- Chirag hit a 12.85 @ 108 in his '88. 306, Edelbrock Performer heads + intake, Lunati cam, 24lb'ers, C&L 76mm + pipe, 3.55 gears, Nittos- 1.77 60 ft.

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com