Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » what would it take...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: what would it take...
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To get a FFW or NMRA event in Sac?
An act of God?
Would anyone be interested?
Do they currently go to Las Vegas? I think FFW may, but I'm not sure. I heard the closest the NMRA gets to is Phoenix. That's kind of a drive.
anyways, I'd be interested in the Factory stock class. Anyone else? Bracket racing is cool and everything but I think heads up class racing is more fun.
your comments...

edit: actually, looking at the population and attendance, and given that Sears has a new track and everything, that might be a better Venue. It's got the attention of the NHRA already, and the Winston Cup among others...

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't shoot the messenger, but yes an act of God. Both the FFW and NMRA are based on annual points standing in the different classes. All of these races are held primarily in the east, except for a few (Phoenix being the furthest west), and none in the west. They wouldn't hold a race out here because none of their "regular" points racers would attend. Great idea but not using either of those sanctioning bodies.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HMM, I wonder if someone would be willing to initiate a FFW or NMRA emulating program... to run say between SAC, Sears, Famosa, LACR, Pamona, Carlsbad... Maybe a final in Vegas?
What would it take to start that?

btw, John, is your car a 'Renegade' or what class does it fit? I wonder what your weight requirement would be.

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My car would actually need to go into Street Outlaw, though it wouldn't be very competitive. Even if I could get mine down to low 9's or high 8's I would still be a full second off the times of the FFW and NMRA Outlaw cars. That doesn't mean I wouldn't run though just for the fun of it

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well, if it's any consolation it would take a bunch of tricks and tweaks to get me within 1.0 seconds of the factory stock record. (which is like a mid 11, gimme a break!)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com