Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » sac raceway (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: sac raceway
e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e-dogg  Ford pictures for e-dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i went out just to watch im running next sunday summit races but i seen some fast mod stangs today 11.4 127 cobra 12.6 115 gt, and a 13.5 102 na 01 gt who is that guy he knows how to drive especially when he beat that corvette with a big race wing on back mad props i seen the right headlight was taken off but i looked under hood it looked bone stock anyone know that guy

--------------------
auto,vrs x-pipe,mac longtubes,flows up next: trying to get rid of everything work 2, 3 jobs to get a ws6 ls1 here i come

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The guy missing the headlight is "JUSTIN", on this message board. I didn't know he beat that vett....LMAO

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice to meet a few of you guys today. Yeah Justin was staged behind me for a better part of the day and was running really well. Till his alarm went off and he was nowhere around! Nothing a rag stuffed in his alarm horn and closing hood couldn't fix.

j/k Justin

Ohh, I was the guy in the blue T/A, tall skinny and in the red/blk Pontiac Racing jacket.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
1SicStanG716
the sic crew
Member # 716

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SicStanG716  Ford pictures for 1SicStanG716  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that was pretty fun track sucked ass but it was nice to meet all of you out there now i know some of you guys and gals.

--------------------
2001 sivler metallic v6 stang
The Sic Crew's Chic Magnet
Ford Service Tech/Sequioa Student
click this link http://www.pylon1.com/cobra/1sicstang_new02.jpg

R.I.P Miles "ull be in my prayers and thoughts" 12/13/79-12/08/02

Posts: 1729 | From: livermore,ca | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
01sicstang - What did you end up running? today was a POS for me. The one time a actually hooked on the launch I was only at 4000rpm and bogged!!! Just couldn't win.

F8LPONY - that was a nice trick you did with Justin's alarm

--------------------
AED

1SicStanG716
the sic crew
Member # 716

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SicStanG716  Ford pictures for 1SicStanG716  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that track just didnt work at all. to much moisture.nice to meet you by the way we r meeting up at in and out tonight a few rll that was cruising with us and some nor cal is usually there. i didnt get to run i blew my front tire on friday which hella sucked no one had my tire in time. dam it.i wouldnt had a good time anyway.radials and slick track dont match.

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup. The track was not good. Either spun or bogged. Got one so-so run of 13.71 at 101.3mph. Good to see all the local .com folks.

Jim L.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's ok. Everytime I would luanch down around 1500, it spun, going into second I try to shift hard, spin, if I tried to shift light, it would be ok until I tried to accelerate again then it started to spin again, hit third, spun them again. I really need to get rims for my slicks, so I might have some possiblity for any traction. My runs were all poo. Maybe next time I will have the slicks or the sun will be out.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Psycho Dave
¯
Member # 739

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Psycho Dave  Ford pictures for Psycho Dave  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Edogg, did we not notice that the vette spun through every gear? A damn metro could have beat him. We might as well have been trying to race in the rain.

-Dave

Posts: 60 | From: Marysvile, Ca. | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, it felt like it. Next time if it is that foggy, I bringin the cavalier. Then I might get traction.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
1SicStanG716
the sic crew
Member # 716

you bring the cavalier im bringing lexus.hehehe.

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, I had a blast and met a few of the newer posters on the site and caught up with non-local friends. I have some great video footage that I'll put online by this weekend. I'll post them in this forum when they're up.

-Sawson

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok,ok, just so everyone knows, im the dumb ass who left the camera at nates house thats why the videos arent up yet.
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
notsue
¯
Member # 557

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for notsue  Ford pictures for notsue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That was worse than driving in the rain
heh not what i had expected

Posts: 616 | From: Fort Riley | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Evil Mach1
¯
Member # 26

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evil Mach1  Ford pictures for Evil Mach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
track sucked. I couldn't hook at all.

Run#1
60 foot: 2.29
1/4 ET: 13.94
1/4 MPH: 102.73

Run #2
60 foot: 2.28
1/4 ET: 13.84
1/4 MPH: 101.76

--------------------
2003 Mach 1
Black, 5-speed, silver stripes
*GONE*

USAF bound!!!
EAD: 1 Dec 04

Posts: 845 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

slicks + rain = worse tarction than radials.

I should have just came down on the DR's. The first pass I made I actually had water going up my windshield at the end of the track. Not a good feeling on slicks...lol

--------------------
AED

*SlipNslide281*
¯
Member # 622

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *SlipNslide281*  Ford pictures for *SlipNslide281*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That was my first time ever at the track and yeah not what I expected. I broke em loose in 2nd, and 3rd. wet track. I felt sorry for the guy in the white ss that hit the wall.
Posts: 1817 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
*SlipNslide281*
¯
Member # 622

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *SlipNslide281*  Ford pictures for *SlipNslide281*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh yeah I wanted to thank Brian, (Try2paz) Matt, (9cobra8) Dean, (Vortech Saleen)and Harold (WIKD 281)You guys know how to make a new guy feel welcome. The support was great. I have a clip of my first run, who can I email it to to post it? Thanks guys.
Posts: 1817 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by e-dogg:
i went out just to watch im running next sunday summit races but i seen some fast mod stangs today 11.4 127 cobra 12.6 115 gt, and a 13.5 102 na 01 gt who is that guy he knows how to drive especially when he beat that corvette with a big race wing on back mad props i seen the right headlight was taken off but i looked under hood it looked bone stock anyone know that guy

yea it was nice to ssee that kind of turn out
but the track sucked
we ran a best of 12.6 @ 115

but we could not hook up i was really hoping for a 11 we ran a 12.3 a few weeks backs but i guess my tires suck so next time i go Iam goin to buy some BFdrags or may be ill run some ET tires like wicked 281

I now iam good for 11's but shit we were all over the damm track with my kuhmos this tire really suck BIG C

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 99gt-UJSTLST:

yea it was nice to ssee that kind of turn out
but the track sucked
we ran a best of 12.6 @ 115

but we could not hook up i was really hoping for a 11 we ran a 12.3 a few weeks backs but i guess my tires suck so next time i go Iam goin to buy some BFdrags or may be ill run some ET tires like wicked 281

I now iam good for 11's but shit we were all over the damm track with my kuhmos this tire really suck BIG C

Thats still impressive for street tires with a boosted 2V! I may have that pass on video. I'll put it online if I do.

-Sawson

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:

Thats still impressive for street tires with a boosted 2V! I may have that pass on video. I'll put it online if I do.

-Sawson

thanks

yea me and my bro were talking about it last night and better tires would help i mean the weather did not help us much
my bro was kinda of disapointed of that run
he was trying to run 11's since i had ran 12.3 @ 117 mph 3 weeks before but i told him the combanation of the weather and bad tires gave us that

so were probably goin to buy some BF goodrich drags for next time
and try to go when there is sun out

and maybe we can also get it tuned before that have byron lean it out more on 100 octane

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
FormulaChic
¯
Member # 732

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FormulaChic  Ford pictures for FormulaChic  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am a bit late in posting! But it was great meeting all you pony people there and in Livermore, for those of you who showed!

I didn't drive after seeing my friend crashed, but my car went out! Sucky times tho!

Well Talk to you guys soon!

Jennifer

--------------------
[IMG]http://www.goat2fast.com/pics/ubbflirtsig.GIF[/IMG]

WWW.RedlineLadies.com
Bad A$$Toys Aren't Just For Boyz!

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Who was it that crashed?

--------------------
AED

1SicStanG716
the sic crew
Member # 716

i dont know how to spell his name ros or something, in the white ss.ouch.

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

What the hell happend? How bad did he mess up his car?

--------------------
AED

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com