Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Who's solid for Saturday T&T? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who's solid for Saturday T&T?
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Now that the weather is going to really cooperate. I will be there and hopefully be with Brian, Mark and Ike. Look for the stock looking '92 LX- Emerald Green.

TheBrain

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A day with no rain?! I'm there for sure. Looking for a 13.9 for the first time N/A.

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm there !!!!
Actually, I just came back into the house after washing my car !!! BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
It is frickin' COLD especially when washing the car

Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Crap. Now I will have to wash mine in the morning. Couldn't leave well enough alone, could you?

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hell no !!!!! There is no way in hell I am driving a dirty car to the track, It may not be the fastest car there, but it will be one of the best looking

Brian

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So how did you guys do?
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You're jonesin for some racing action aren't you? Keep at those books, young man! Once finished you will have mucho cash to use for go-fast stuff. Brian is not happy (but that is his story to tell.)

I did not improve on my best. Need more driver training. LOTS of trailered cars and the broke A LOT! Closed left lane for at least 1/2 the day. Then traction sucked over there once it was open. Had 4 runs- no changes.

1st-
16psi
60ft- 2.038- some spin, 4500rpm
ET- 13.786 @ 100.491mph

2nd-
12.5psi (sat in lane close to an hour and one tire leaks- Brian eq'd them for me but meant to run at 14psi)
60ft- 2.057- small bog, 4700rpm
ET- 13.785 @ 100.590

3rd-
13.5psi
60ft- 1.970- bad spin, went sideways, 4700rpm
MISSED 4th!
ET- 13.83 @ 94.853

4th-
Bad bog- don't want to talk about it.

Yellow94GT ran a 13.5! Mark came and watched w/ his lovely daughter and german shephard but left his GT at home.

Big Finale!
Kevin Locke ran -
9.62!!!! on his last licensing pass. He is now NHRA legal to run nines. VERY cool.
(Procharger D2 blown/intercooled 331ci coupe, drag radiALS, THRU EXH., DRIVEN TO TRACK! )

Jim L.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

'nuff said

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jim- 13.7 with a 2.X 60 ft is pretty impressive! It looks like you're getting better and better with the T5. There is a chance I'll attend a test-n-tune over winter break. Tempt me

Brian- Say no more. What ever happened with your driveshaft binding problem?

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:

Brian- Say no more. What ever happened with your driveshaft binding problem?

I found that the front yoke was twisted and stopping the driveshaft from plunging w/suspension travel.
Last week I replaced the yoke with a new one that I got from D&D Performance (for 70 fucking dollars)
The driveshaft snapped on the first pass of the day

Time to retire the car or at least get another car so when shit like this happens, I am not stuck at the house

I am just fucking tired of breaking shit EVERY FUCKING TIME I GO TO THE FUCKING TRACK !!!!!!!

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Wait, there's more......
It also put a big dent in the floor under the rear seat, hit my fuel line and almost crimped it shut, and probably fucked up the output shaft of my 7 week old transmission.
The new yoke slid all the way in prior to today's activities, but now, it won't. Since the yoke still looks good, somethings fucked in the tranny

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Today was a great day for me. I improved on every pass! My best was a 13.575! My previous best was a 14.001! Tenth of a second improvemment isn't bad for an intake. I was getting good 60's all day long also, best there was a 1.872. Thas on drag radials with a 35 series sidewall and stock suspension. I think I could have managed a better 60, but I had to race those damb traylor queens all day long and I couldn't hear a damn thing! I still think I have a little room for improvement. With this combo.

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

I meant to say that .5 seconds from an intake isn't bad, not 1 tenth.

--------------------
AED

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Which intake? And what was the mph? I was distracted and missed it when you showed me the slip.

Jim L.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Do I have to tell you the mph? Well I guess I should. It was only 99.8 mph! I'm still not making much HP, and my car is 3650 lbs. with me in it!

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

DAMN! I keep leaving stuff out. It is a cobra intake. Port matching it didn't hurt the performance either,

--------------------
AED

CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CANTCME  Ford pictures for CANTCME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats on hitting the 13's dude hopefully next week i can get into there as well i will be throwing on some drag radials thursday so hopefully i will hit 13's. last time there hit a 14.09 with bald tires all my mph were in the 100.xxx so i will keep my fingers crossed.
Posts: 844 | From: san francisco,ca | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
13.5 @ 99 is absolutely phenomonal for such a heavy car and those mods.

good job!

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yellow94GT, That was some serious driving you did today. Congrats on the 13.5, that pass looked just about perfect. Did the belt help at all?

Jim, My daughter didn't want to leave she wanted to stay until the end. Guess I'll have to get her in the Jr. Drags next year.

Brain, I'll keep my eyes open for a coupe for you.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yellow 94GT--Time to update your sig. very impresive times for your mods.

Brian--Nice string of luck you have going! Think of it this way. If you replace everything that breaks with something stronger and better than before. You will be running 10's in your daily driver.

Mark--Decide to give your car the day off? Be glad you didn't come to the cruise you would have gotten hassled by Fremonts finest like the rest of us.

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Well guys, here is my new signature. Doubt if you think I my driving was very good now.
PS I had the E303 when I was still running 14.001. The intake was the missing link

--------------------
AED

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey just for the heck of it some hp/weight math

100 mph in a 3650 lb car makes 291 fwhp (fly-wheel)
my car as an example
105 mph in a 3030 lb car (with driver, heh) makes 282 fwhp.

anyways, awesome for that mph. And you're making great power too. I was running a lot of tricks like iced intake, ram-air, bypassed smog pump and power steering... so in actuality, probably making like 20 less hp on motor (but I was running stock cam, and that was in the summer at a 1500' density altitude so who knows)

anyways, great runs. Looks like there's another great mustang driver in the bay area. Wait till your tranny or clutch goes, heh. I hate having to baby the 2-3 shift. Will fix that one of these days.

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey i saw your runz today yellow 94 gt......we were there w/ the old green nova runnin 11s, and the the lx notch that ran 9.6 @ 143 fuckin bad......see you on the 15th

Jason
1997 Z28 *rip*

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Jayl-Yeah some guy told me you wer up in the bleechers. I never saw you though. That green lx was fuckin nuts! I love watching that car run! Sounds good man. Do you think I should run next week, or will I have more fun watching?

--------------------
AED

CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CANTCME  Ford pictures for CANTCME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey how many runs did you guys get in and was there alot of people?
Posts: 844 | From: san francisco,ca | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com