Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » New best mph tonight

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New best mph tonight
90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ran a couple 12.7s and a new best mph of 110.5, twice tonight, with my n/a 302. This bests my previous of 110.3 which was run through longtubes and no cats, about 2.5 years ago. Passes were made without the stock fan which showed about 3 hp gain, and the weather was very good. Someday I will get the guts to put the slicks back under it and try to improve on my best ever et.
naych
¯
Member # 223

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for naych  Ford pictures for naych    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good job Scott...

Naych

--------------------
2001 GT Laser Red Tint
Full Saleen Conversion
Vortech SQ with 2.87 Plly
04 Escalade
white diamond on 24's(stolen)
05 yamaha r1

Posts: 308 | From: sacramento, ca. usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats sweet! 3 HP...Bob Cobsy claimed .05 seconds from the same thing. Did you ditch any extra weight or do anything else? What did the barrometer read tonight?
AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good Job Scott!! Your car is still getting faster all the time. The track sounds like it had some bite and the air is awesome right now. Was it crowded?

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice !!!
I should be ready for the track in the next week or so.
The TKO is installed, and I am building the rear end this week (Moser axles, Eaton Posi, welded axle tubes, etc.....)

Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
awesome, what's the density altitude for that night?

-100 ?

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree ghetto racer:
awesome, what's the density altitude for that night?

-100 ?

You DA hater!

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Naych-Thanks.

AaronC-Yeah quite a few people and the track was pretty good as well.

TheBrain-Looking forward to seeing you run.

st-3hp is a guess. I didn't actually make any back to back runs. One thing I did notice though is that with the short belt on the crank pulley can be turned with the belt on. So when the fan is on it may slip under load. The baro. was around 30.15. No extra weight savings except for maybe two gallons of gas.

ghetto- The da was about 388 on the first pass, 5:30. And about -481 on the third and final pass at about 7pm.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
-481!!!

holy--sheight!!

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT:
Naych-Thanks.

st-3hp is a guess. I didn't actually make any back to back runs. One thing I did notice though is that with the short belt on the crank pulley can be turned with the belt on. So when the fan is on it may slip under load. The baro. was around 30.15. No extra weight savings except for maybe two gallons of gas.

? You can turn the crank pulley with the belt on? You mean water pump pulley? This reminds me of the the NMRA factory stock rules... I think they mention that the belt must be tight enough to turn all the accesories and not be 'excessively' loose. I wonder how many tenths WD-40 on the belt is worth????

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ghetto-Yeah 110.51 @ -481 and 110.57 @ +388. Thats the thing I still can't figure out about those da calculators. I guess all cars don't react the same to changes in weather.

st-Your correct I meant the water pump pulley. The wd-40 mod would probably work pretty good especially since the water pump touches the back of the belt, while the crank and alt. pulleys see the grooved side.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT:

st-Your correct I meant the water pump pulley. The wd-40 mod would probably work pretty good especially since the water pump touches the back of the belt, while the crank and alt. pulleys see the grooved side.

I may just have to try out the WD-40 mod. I just thought up of it when I was typing that last post.

Lets see, 3 inch crank pulley, larger steering pump pulley, bypass smog pump, now WD-40... why don't I just yank the belt and make life easy?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com