Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » what ETs will i see with this combination (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: what ETs will i see with this combination
Black306
¯
Member # 62

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black306  Ford pictures for Black306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RiddlerGT:
Derek I just want to say how much I love you 5.0 it is flawless perfect 10

Thanks for the compliment.

quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree ghetto racer:
...can't hit a 13.80 in a completely stock (down to the tires) '99+ GT.

Keyword: cant

Cant implies it is not possible no matter how many attempts. Been there, done that, have the time slips to prove it, and witnesses. Of course I would do it again, but Im not 100% stock anymore. Throw me the keys to a bone stock '99+ GT 5-speed and I'll put it into the 13's. (Assuming nothing is wrong with it and there is good weather. )

[ November 08, 2001: Message edited by: Black306 ]

--------------------
Derek
[img]http://members.aol.com/black306/car1.jpg[/img] [img]http://members.aol.com/black306/car4.jpg[/img]
http://www.WestCoastFords.com

"Bottles are for babies...real men get blown."

Posts: 58 | From: Daly City Ca | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black306:

Keyword: cant

Cant implies it is not possible no matter how many attempts. Been there, done that, have the time slips to prove it, and witnesses.

you realize you cut out the key word 'You' when you paraphrased me? And in the context of a reply from one person to another? Put the word 'You' back into my statement and you restore the complete sentence.

Key words:
pay attention
I was not talking to you, about you, or anything other than exactly what I posted.

To review:

quote:
Originally posted by Blown93Snake:
Anyone who can drive should go 13.80's all stock, if not a tad quicker.

to this I replied
quote:
Originally posted by shadetree: Can you drive? Here's $20 that says you can't hit a 13.80 in a completely stock (down to the tires) '99+ GT.

I don't think Blown93snake is half as fast as he thinks he is. I'll put $20 on that for this bet in a heartbeat!

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I don't think Blown93snake is half as fast as he thinks he is. I'll put $20 on that for this bet in a heartbeat!

It's not my fault you obviously can't drive, hence the 19sec. 1/4 time in your sig.

I've driven other peoples cars, and gotten them to much quicker ET's than the owner.

Derek did it, Cloud9 did it, Mt Groove on MW did it, RatCat on MW did it, and many others have. I'll do it as well.

Maybe it's YOU that needs to hit the track more often. Take a look around, EVERY 99+ gt out there is running 2.2+ short times, OF COURSE they're gonna run in the 14's, do you expect them not too? 99-100 mph is easily enough for a new gt to hit 13's, just takes a good short time, if you don't think 2.0 is possible in a new gt, you seriously need to do some research.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blown93Snake:

99-100 mph is easily enough for a new gt to hit 13's, just takes a good short time, if you don't think 2.0 is possible in a new gt, you seriously need to do some research.

This was never about "what is or is not humanly possible". This is about you being able to hit a 13.80 in a completely stock '99+ GT.

So when do I get my $20?
double or nothing? How many passes do you think you need? If you don't hit a 13.80 will it be because your clutch is wasted?

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alright who has a bone stock Gt so we can loan it to blown93, I gotta see this

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Isn't it a damn shame you can't go to Hertz and rent a 5-speed GT?
CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CANTCME  Ford pictures for CANTCME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey black306 wassup thinks for the cobra bumper info whoa you ran a 13.9xx in your 2000. i remember when we were at 3com you told me my stuff was pretty fast do you think i could hit a 13.5xx with the help of the 3.73 gears i am the black dude in the black 00 stang just like yours.
Posts: 844 | From: san francisco,ca | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
NiTrOSS'00
¯
Member # 244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiTrOSS'00  Ford pictures for NiTrOSS'00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

BLOWN got rid of his car anyways, so weather you can drive or not, it dont matter bro....you aint got nothing to drive in

--------------------
ERIC 2000 SS 6 Speed dyno #'s 349.7rwhp & 387.4rwtq - 1/4 12.98@108.7 mph w/o Nitrous
NX Wet Kit 100 shot, Walbro In tank Fuel pump, Grotyohann Full Length Headers, Y-Pipe and High-flow Catalytic Converters, Whisper MAF, MTI Airhood, ASP Pullies, K&N Filter, 4.10 Gears, Mac Springs, BFG, SS Rims, B&M Ripper Shifter, BMR Strut Tower Brace
2001 Chevy Tahoe fully loaded
2001 SUZUKI TL1000R
~`!!`~ So MaNy MuStAnGs, So LiTlE TiMe ~`!!`~

Posts: 726 | From: El Dorado Hills/Lake Hills Estates --- Bay Area | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CANTCME  Ford pictures for CANTCME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey i wanna think everyone for their $0.02.
Posts: 844 | From: san francisco,ca | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NiTrOSS'00:

BLOWN got rid of his car anyways, so weather you can drive or not, it dont matter bro....you aint got nothing to drive in

We can find a donor '99 gt.

Obviously i'm gonna do it at a TNT night, and want as many passes as possible. It takes a good feel for a car to get it down to 13.80's, just like i've already said, and 2.1x short times won't do it.

I could probably nail it in less than 10.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com