Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Anyone planning the 27th too? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone planning the 27th too?
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree ghetto racer:
somebody once said it best:
if you go over to Burger King, they're probably going to recommend a Whopper. Run over to McDonalds, and it's all about the Big Mac.
my $0.01

Somebody is a wise man.

Ted-Keep in mind you're taking drag racing advice from a road racing shop. Vince@Apex does great quality work...but the word "Apex" doesn't strike fear in the hearts of any local 'stanger that street races or drag races. With all due respect, listen to this COMPLETE BS griggs puts on their web page:

http://www.griggsracing.com/gr40rear.html

"Our urethane lower control arm bushings help insure the elimination of wheel hop when the
quad-shocks and upper control arms are removed. Typical 60 ft. time reduction on radials is .3
to .6 seconds."

0.3 to 0.6 reduction my ass!! Anyone can cut at least a 2.2 60 ft on radials. With a bit more experience, you can get down to the 2.0 to 2.1 range. This crack head claims a rookie can get 1.9 to 1.6 second 60 fts with radials if they add his control arm!!! LOL And someone with a bit of practice can cut 1.7 to 1.4 second 60 fts on radials! LMAO! Don't munch on everything McDonalds puts on the counter, consider other diners like Burger King or www.maximummotorsports.com I doubt Burger King will claim 1.6 to 1.9 60 fts with radials if you add their lower control arm! LOL.

[ October 30, 2001: Message edited by: st5150 ]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com