Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » So, how'd you do at the track? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: So, how'd you do at the track?
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Best for us was a 13.4 @104 w/2.0 60ft.
Going to pull some codes tomorrow & see what's going on.
Damn tranny started leaking again....always something!

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Mipaz
Old School
Member # 386

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mipaz  Ford pictures for Mipaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks to wikid281's advice and launch like a mofo i ran a 11.763 @ 121.492mph!!! thanks Harold!!

--------------------
Wheels on the Vette go round and round.

Posts: 1700 | From: Over There | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TORQUEPIMP aka F8LLS1:
thanks to wikid281's advice and launch like a mofo i ran a 11.763 @ 121.492mph!!! thanks Harold!!

damm that sentra you have if flyin !!! what kidna mods you have on that to run on the 11s.. LOL LOL .... on the real. did anyone see MR.cool guy in the yellow viper make a fool of himself and run a 14.3 ? what a dork...

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Mipaz
Old School
Member # 386

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mipaz  Ford pictures for Mipaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah i seen that dood he was an idiot. talked hella too.

--------------------
Wheels on the Vette go round and round.

Posts: 1700 | From: Over There | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was at the far end of the track.
Sounded like he fucked that ride up!

Anyhow, my first time at the track with my Vert:

1st run:
.676 reaction
2.61 60 foot (Eww)
15.44 et
90.58 MPH

2nd run:

3rd run:
92.13 (lifted on the long end, heard detonation.)

Man, if I can work on putting that tire spin to the ground, there would lie great improvements in the times & traps.

Well, this week I will dial in the car better. Work on my shiftpoints a little, installing my new tach should help. Not watch the other car while I am running (bad). Apex is doing my subs saturday morning. Drag radials will be ordered first thing Monday morning..... Maybe she'll hook a little off the line, and Next saturday will be even better!!!!!

Thanks guys,

--------------------
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition
"Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!"

Posts: 2601 | From: Tomball, TX | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
jimmyz
¯
Member # 387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmyz  Ford pictures for jimmyz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got my personal best....hows this for a time on plain old street tires. No Drag Radials Yet!

Reaction: 0.955 (Ooops..)

I1: 2.089
I2: 5.563
I3: 8.349
MPH(I3): 88.565
I4: 10.718

E.T.: 12.730
MPH: 112.902

I also mustered up a few runs at 114mph but I messed up either the launch or a shift on every run. Not a single clean one.

--------------------
[img]http://members.norcal-ls1.net/~jimmyz/sig.jpg[/img]

!CAGS, IRS MAF, Whisper CF Lid, T/B Bypass, Redline Oil,K/N Air and Oil Filter,
BMR STB, SFC's, LCA's, A-Panhard, Drop Brackets, Harlan Shift Light,
Hotchkis 1" Drop, KYB Shocks, SLP Resonator Exhaust w/DynoMax 18" Bullet,
Autometer A/F Gauge and Pod, Hurst Billet Plus, MBA Billet Knob, Sony ES Deck,
JL StealthBox w/ Eclipse 10" Aluminum DVC Sub, Eclipse 6.5" Components (Front and Rear),
MTX 5 Channel Blue Thunder Amp, Lightning Audio 1-Farad Cap,
ZR-1 Silver Wheels (17x9.5 and 17x11"), Dunlop SP 8000 Tires (275/40/17 and 315/35/17),
ASP Balancer Pulley, Z06 Clutch w/Lightened Flywheel,
LS-1 HotCam w/LS6 Valve Springs and Comp Cams Pushrods, MSD Wires, TR-55 Plugs.

Posts: 38 | From: San Bruno, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
BLUE98SVT
Mike
Member # 148

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLUE98SVT  Ford pictures for BLUE98SVT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ran 13.2 @ 105 w/1.9 60ft. not great but will do for now. More mod's to come.
Posts: 170 | From: San Jose Ca. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mipaz,

Damn you did hit 11's. That's awesome. I almost ruined it for you when the track lady was right next to you and I didn't know who she was and she heard me mention 11's and you didn't have a helmet. Then she saw you run a 12.40 and asked us if that was our friend and we're all nah, that was someone else, he already went, LOL.... Damn bro you need some DR's to mob on for daily drivin. You were light'n them babies up Great trap speeds too. What shot were you using? See ya around.

Seems like it was a good night for most everyone. Congrats JimmyZ, and Black Magic was runnin strong as usual. I saw Wikkd SS and me and Mike Camara talked with him. Saw your 12.4 pass and you had great traps all night. Mike's clutch is acting up really bad and he can barely get the car in gear. Congrats to everyone on some good ET's.

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
first time out, First time in the Lightning, i ran a 13.9 at 99mph. with a 1.9 60 foot. And I did a little smoke to end it off with at the night, The staging guy got pissed so i had to pull up =)

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I only got 1 pass for the night. Turns out when I was washing the T/A the day before I got water in my MAF translator and it shorted out my MAF and cause a very rich condition which apparently fouled my plugs. I thought it was ruuing like crap but I figured I'd try to race anyway after I had replaced the MAF. Once the tree started it's countdown I was set to go and busted a decent 60' @ 1.79 and got out of the hole, then my SES light started flashing in my face and I thought WTF? and the rest of the way down the track the car was stutering really bad. My run last night?

60' 1.793
1/4 13.53
mph 101.4

And to make matters worse I was hoping for 12.30's!

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BLUE98SVT:
I ran 13.2 @ 105 w/1.9 60ft. not great but will do for now. More mod's to come.

Mike congrats. Sorry I couldn't talk I was trying to help rob install tires.

Mipaz- Congrats bro- Now I have to go 11.6

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All I know is I had a blast for my first time out there! Thanks for all the help guys, but I'll be practicing. JSGIVUP, you better watch out, because here I come. I'm saving up for the screen to replace my rear plate, so what movie do you want to watch as I pull away? Alright, I'll play a movie on how to drive!
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AaronC:
Mike's clutch is acting up really bad and he can barely get the car in gear. Congrats to everyone on some good ET's.

*cough cough*

Clutch, eh? Well, looks like i'm not the only one after all..

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was expecting to be in the 13's but that didn't happen. My best run was:

60ft 2.19
ET 14.08
MPH 99.62

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Blown93,

I guess not, lol. There must be a broken spring or something that's not allowing it to completely dissengage in between shifts. You literally have to jam it into gear. Scotts brother Jeff took a look at it and said most likely the clutch took a shit somehow. Oh well, he's replacing it. Problem=fix it.

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ran a new worse 0.0@0mph, but had a great time doing so.

Congrats to F8LLS1 with his 11.7! Shattered your previous best ET. . I'm sure you have a few tenths hiding somewhere as well with that mph. What 60 ft time did you get with the ET streets? Your combo and times reminds me of "ILLSMOQ". If I remember right, you have him easily covered MPH wise though

jimmyz- I didn't even see you there! 114 mph on the stock motor? Stock heads/intake/cam? Non the less, thats flying.

F8LPONY- One mans trash is another man's treasure huh? I'll be happy if my LX clicks off a 13.5@101 with a 1.7 60 ft.

bunchmyfunky- Your 13 second timeslip is hiding in your 60 ft. What did playing with the timing adjuster do for you?

AaronC- Did Mike try tightening the cable some? If its hard to get into gear, the cable has too much slack (assuming there is no other mechanical problem). Then again it wouldn't be the first time a centerforce clutch went out. I hear a lot of centerforce failure stories.

jimmyz
¯
Member # 387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmyz  Ford pictures for jimmyz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sawson,
I spent all my time in the lanes so I didn't get to see many people out there. Had an eye out lookin for ya tho.

My car is literally identical to Black Magics aside from his new rear end/slicks... So essentially it is a stock motor with just a GM aftermarket cam. Stock heads etc...

BTW: Did anyone get any videos of me, if so I'd love to get ahold of them. I was the Blue WS-6 Pontiac with silver stripes. Can't miss me :P

--------------------
[img]http://members.norcal-ls1.net/~jimmyz/sig.jpg[/img]

!CAGS, IRS MAF, Whisper CF Lid, T/B Bypass, Redline Oil,K/N Air and Oil Filter,
BMR STB, SFC's, LCA's, A-Panhard, Drop Brackets, Harlan Shift Light,
Hotchkis 1" Drop, KYB Shocks, SLP Resonator Exhaust w/DynoMax 18" Bullet,
Autometer A/F Gauge and Pod, Hurst Billet Plus, MBA Billet Knob, Sony ES Deck,
JL StealthBox w/ Eclipse 10" Aluminum DVC Sub, Eclipse 6.5" Components (Front and Rear),
MTX 5 Channel Blue Thunder Amp, Lightning Audio 1-Farad Cap,
ZR-1 Silver Wheels (17x9.5 and 17x11"), Dunlop SP 8000 Tires (275/40/17 and 315/35/17),
ASP Balancer Pulley, Z06 Clutch w/Lightened Flywheel,
LS-1 HotCam w/LS6 Valve Springs and Comp Cams Pushrods, MSD Wires, TR-55 Plugs.

Posts: 38 | From: San Bruno, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
JSGIVUP
¯
Member # 333

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JSGIVUP  Ford pictures for JSGIVUP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
JSGIVUP, you better watch out, because here I come. I'm saving up for the screen to replace my rear plate, so what movie do you want to watch as I pull away? Alright, I'll play a movie on how to drive!

Hey Chuck, Thanks bro-I appreciate the thought. But as long as you continue to run 14.7's and 15.2's I don't even have to run. I am currently in the mid 13's. Definetly not for long though. Keep practicing bro. Some day, around the age of thirty maybe you'll get it.

JSGIVUP

Posts: 71 | From: Fremont, Ca 94539 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You got a point there Sawson, BUT when you look at how much work is done to mine compared to yours....... I mean your car is basically stock and will be running great for your mods.

I mean hell, my car ran thhat time bone stock but with a higher mph.

Hehehe ohh well, guess I'll never make the mistake of washing my motor again. lol

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
guess I'll never make the mistake of washing my motor again. lol

Yeah, my dirty grease pit doesn't have that problem I can probably drop 5-10 lbs of weight by cleaning all the dirt, oil and grease the car has accumilated!

WICKED SS
¯
Member # 197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WICKED SS  Ford pictures for WICKED SS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did ok but ever since I put these headers and off road pipe on I have lost major back pressure so my car was lagging of the line. But my best time for the night was 12.4 at 118mph I know my car has more there but I think I am going to change my exhaust.

st5150
Let me know if you have me somewhere on one of your videos with my 12.4 pass.

--------------------
2001 Camaro SS
1995 Mustang GT 347ci - sold
1993 Supra PT74 - sold

NiTrOSS'00
¯
Member # 244

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for NiTrOSS'00  Ford pictures for NiTrOSS'00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was fuckin upset about my time....ran only once and did 13.6... my launch was the worst ever, then I missed second and third, so I called it a night......and the 2 vipers did not impress me at all.....what, the yellow one did mid 14's and the hardtop mid - hi 12's..(considering that Mipaz hit 11's, by the way congrats bro )....bull shit......it was a great turn out .....I hope we have something like that again some time soon......

[ October 22, 2001: Message edited by: NiTrOSS'00 ]

--------------------
ERIC 2000 SS 6 Speed dyno #'s 349.7rwhp & 387.4rwtq - 1/4 12.98@108.7 mph w/o Nitrous
NX Wet Kit 100 shot, Walbro In tank Fuel pump, Grotyohann Full Length Headers, Y-Pipe and High-flow Catalytic Converters, Whisper MAF, MTI Airhood, ASP Pullies, K&N Filter, 4.10 Gears, Mac Springs, BFG, SS Rims, B&M Ripper Shifter, BMR Strut Tower Brace
2001 Chevy Tahoe fully loaded
2001 SUZUKI TL1000R
~`!!`~ So MaNy MuStAnGs, So LiTlE TiMe ~`!!`~

Posts: 726 | From: El Dorado Hills/Lake Hills Estates --- Bay Area | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey ST, can you do me a favor and figure out a proper injector size for a motor putting out 450 HP on the motor and roughly 575-600 on the spray.... I know that on the spray won't matter because I won't be using a dry kit anymore but doesn't this sound like a 36 lb/hr setup more than a 30lb injector???? I used a formula I got on IRS website and it came out to be a BFSC of 35.1 or so so it rounds up to 36 for a 450 hp V8. What are the cons of going with a bigger injector if you have DFI????? I've always wondered what injector you should use if you're close to both. More is not always better right???? At least when it comes to injectors.....

--------------------
1995 OutlawZ28
Old motor-355 ci LT1 10.40@131
New motor-CSM Race Engines solid roller 383 LT1....
Cali's fastest LT1-period....

Posts: 486 | From: Fairfizzle, CA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sup Guys,
This was actually my first time at the track, I just want to thank everyone cuse everyone was helpfull and cool especially when my first run was a 15.3

Hey Gabe it was nice meeting you, hopefully ill see your car next time (600horses )

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sup Alan this is Nate welcome to the board...I was talking to Chuck he is gonna be down next weekend maybe we will go to SJ for some racin

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com