Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » So, how'd you do at the track? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: So, how'd you do at the track?
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WiCkEd SS:
I did ok but ever since I put these headers and off road pipe on I have lost major back pressure so my car was lagging of the line. But my best time for the night was 12.4 at 118mph I know my car has more there but I think I am going to change my exhaust.

st5150
Let me know if you have me somewhere on one of your videos with my 12.4 pass.

Russel,
What tires where you running? I thought you didn't get in?

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
WICKED SS
¯
Member # 197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WICKED SS  Ford pictures for WICKED SS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
What tires where you running? I thought you didn't get in?

Nitto's and I suck at launching! There were not gonna let me run but something was worked out.

--------------------
2001 Camaro SS
1995 Mustang GT 347ci - sold
1993 Supra PT74 - sold

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WiCkEd SS - I'll look, but I don't remember seeing a 12.4 run on tape. What was the number on your window? I'll keep an eye out for it.

Marshall Mathers- Check out the post I made regarding this in the general talk forum.

FordPny- Welcome to the site. Whats done to your 5.O?

jimmyz- Man, you guys are getting 114-115 mph out of stock LS1's with bolt ons and a cam. Thats crazy. What are the specs of your cam and what did it cost if you don't mind?

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WiCkEd SS:

Nitto's and I suck at launching! There were not gonna let me run but something was worked out.

Shit Russel, w/ that mph you should see an 11.8 w/ NIttos. What are you and MIPAZ going to do about your rear ends? I heard they are really weak.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Time to put in a ford 9"
Damn MIPAZ, thats an awesome time, if you would have broke, dont trip, I woulda got you home! I got Darco home, no problem

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

Euro749
¯
Member # 152

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Euro749  Ford pictures for Euro749  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:
Time to put in a ford 9"
Damn MIPAZ, thats an awesome time, if you would have broke, dont trip, I woulda got you home! I got Darko home, no problem

Yeah, good thing I didn't need you to tow my ass again!! This time I only got towed 7 miles

1st pass and I broke my TQ Arm, so I only ran a 12.9 @ 107 Had to coast most of 3rd and 4th.

-dark

--------------------
'97 Z28
Black, M6 Stroked 398

'01 CBR 929RR

Posts: 70 | From: Morgan Hill, CA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
Euro749
¯
Member # 152

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Euro749  Ford pictures for Euro749  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Euro749:

Yeah, good thing I didn't need you to tow my ass again!! This time I only got towed 7 miles

1st pass and I broke my TQ Arm, so I only ran a 12.9 @ 107 Had to coast most of 3rd and 4th.

-darko

--------------------
'97 Z28
Black, M6 Stroked 398

'01 CBR 929RR

Posts: 70 | From: Morgan Hill, CA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
jimmyz
¯
Member # 387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmyz  Ford pictures for jimmyz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sawson,
The cam I put in both my car and Black Magic's car is the GM Hotcom. Specs are 219/228 .525/.525 @112LSA. Retail price for the kit is about $400 and it comes with the LS6 (blue) valve springs. I managed to get my kit for $250, I think I must have been stolen or something.

Honestly though after my new rear end I want to swap in a new cam that is 224/224 .561/.561 @112LSA and put a set of ported LS-6 heads on the car. It should be making about 427hp and 415tq at that point. If that can't get me to mid 11's on all motor I don't know what will.

--------------------
[img]http://members.norcal-ls1.net/~jimmyz/sig.jpg[/img]

!CAGS, IRS MAF, Whisper CF Lid, T/B Bypass, Redline Oil,K/N Air and Oil Filter,
BMR STB, SFC's, LCA's, A-Panhard, Drop Brackets, Harlan Shift Light,
Hotchkis 1" Drop, KYB Shocks, SLP Resonator Exhaust w/DynoMax 18" Bullet,
Autometer A/F Gauge and Pod, Hurst Billet Plus, MBA Billet Knob, Sony ES Deck,
JL StealthBox w/ Eclipse 10" Aluminum DVC Sub, Eclipse 6.5" Components (Front and Rear),
MTX 5 Channel Blue Thunder Amp, Lightning Audio 1-Farad Cap,
ZR-1 Silver Wheels (17x9.5 and 17x11"), Dunlop SP 8000 Tires (275/40/17 and 315/35/17),
ASP Balancer Pulley, Z06 Clutch w/Lightened Flywheel,
LS-1 HotCam w/LS6 Valve Springs and Comp Cams Pushrods, MSD Wires, TR-55 Plugs.

Posts: 38 | From: San Bruno, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
WICKED SS
¯
Member # 197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WICKED SS  Ford pictures for WICKED SS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
WiCkEd SS - I'll look, but I don't remember seeing a 12.4 run on tape. What was the number on your window? I'll keep an eye out for it.

It was 714 heres A picture of what the car looks like

TRYIIPAZ, Yea that mph wasnt bad but for some reason my SES light came on and my car kinda stutters? About the rear end I was told with the Auburn differential thats on my car I will only brake the axles and it cost about $300 to fix but not sure one day I will change the rear end.

[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: WiCkEd SS ]

--------------------
2001 Camaro SS
1993 Supra PT74 - sold

jimmyz
¯
Member # 387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmyz  Ford pictures for jimmyz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wicked SS, was your SES light coming on during a nitrous run? If so thats a real bad thing. You should get that thing on a dyno with a wideband O2 and see what's happening.

--------------------
[img]http://members.norcal-ls1.net/~jimmyz/sig.jpg[/img]

!CAGS, IRS MAF, Whisper CF Lid, T/B Bypass, Redline Oil,K/N Air and Oil Filter,
BMR STB, SFC's, LCA's, A-Panhard, Drop Brackets, Harlan Shift Light,
Hotchkis 1" Drop, KYB Shocks, SLP Resonator Exhaust w/DynoMax 18" Bullet,
Autometer A/F Gauge and Pod, Hurst Billet Plus, MBA Billet Knob, Sony ES Deck,
JL StealthBox w/ Eclipse 10" Aluminum DVC Sub, Eclipse 6.5" Components (Front and Rear),
MTX 5 Channel Blue Thunder Amp, Lightning Audio 1-Farad Cap,
ZR-1 Silver Wheels (17x9.5 and 17x11"), Dunlop SP 8000 Tires (275/40/17 and 315/35/17),
ASP Balancer Pulley, Z06 Clutch w/Lightened Flywheel,
LS-1 HotCam w/LS6 Valve Springs and Comp Cams Pushrods, MSD Wires, TR-55 Plugs.

Posts: 38 | From: San Bruno, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
WICKED SS
¯
Member # 197

I know its bad, it has done that before but it just was flashing and went away but this time it is still on? Nick was gonna auto tap it but we left so I need to do that soon.

--------------------
2001 Camaro SS
1993 Supra PT74 - sold

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WiCkEd SS
The reason the SES light was flashing was due to a "catalyst damaging misfire"
The light will continue to flash until the problem goes away and then it will store a code.
When you pull the codes I would be willing to bet that you find a history code P0300-P0308 (P is for powertrain computer, 0300 is a random cylinder misfire, 0301 thru 0308 are specific cylinder misfires)

Let me know what you find

Brian

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Nate,
Hopefully ill see you this week, I got a couple of other mustangs to come out to so if you want to bring some guys it be cool. Is your friend with the 00 GT going to come out. Hit me up if your going to come down for sure.

st5150- I got Full MSD ignition, super turbo exhuast, Pro5.0 shifter, BBK under drive pullies, with 2.73 <---not exactly a upgrade.

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FordPny:

st5150- I got Full MSD ignition, super turbo exhuast, Pro5.0 shifter, BBK under drive pullies, with 2.73 <---not exactly a upgrade.

Wow, 98.5 mph from those mods and 2.73's? Impressive. Those Speed Density cars always where a little bit faster.

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Frdpony, yeah I think we are gonna go, we are gonna call some more people try to get a group together

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com