Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » How much do you think this will help?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How much do you think this will help?
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, I have ordered a set of 26x8.5-15 E.T. Drags for this Friday's Test and Tune. How much do you really think it will help my E.T?

Thanks
Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TheBrain:
Well, I have ordered a set of 26x8.5-15 E.T. Drags for this Friday's Test and Tune. How much do you really think it will help my E.T?

Thanks
Brian

.1 - .2

You will be knocking on the 11's. Empty out your car, do those litle tricks.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you willing to side step the clutch at higher rpms if they really hook? They can improve that 1.77 but now you are really hitting the stock rear end components hard..
I highly recommend it!

Jim L.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not only am I willing, But I am READY to break something !!!!!!!
I was side stepping the clutch from 5000rpm with my drag radials, I am hoping to be able to bounce the car off of the rev limiter (Which is currently set at 6600 rpm)and just let the clutch fly !!!!!

I already have a spare transmission, clutch, driveshaft and rear end. So breaking parts is not only ok, it's expected
LET'S DO THIS !!!!!!!!!!!

Brian

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with TRY2PAZ.... .1 to .2 seconds and a whole lot more consistantcy. Why did you go with the 8.5's instead of the 10's???
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
I agree with TRY2PAZ.... .1 to .2 seconds and a whole lot more consistantcy. Why did you go with the 8.5's instead of the 10's???

Because I am mounting them on 2 of my old 10 holes and the rear wheelwells of the 'vert's are just a bit smaller than the coupes and hatchbacks due to a spot that is shaped to clear the top assembly

Why did you buy the 26x8.5's? instead of 10's?

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Double post

[ October 03, 2001: Message edited by: TheBrain ]

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TheBrain:

Why did you buy the 26x8.5's? instead of 10's?

I'm making half the power as you, less gear than you (in 1st), and won't be spraying off the line in the near future like you

Not to mention I have a half dozen extra 10 holes to take the 8.5's and no extra rims that will fit a wider tire

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:

Not to mention I have a half dozen extra 10 holes to take the 8.5's and no extra rims that will fit a wider tire

I am in the same boat, I have a bunch of extra 10 holes but no "big" rims
Also, If I can get this "pig" to run an 11.xx on all motor, I probably wont put a power adder on it.
Sometime in the near future, I want to do the "budget" 5 lug conversion (LSC rotors and ranger axles) and put a set of Weld Prostars on it and maybe a 10" tire on the it. If the 8.5's do work for me, I can always sell them and step it up a notch

Later
Brian

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So will the slicks be here in time for Friday? I can't wait to see your results. No matter how I sliced and diced it, I can't make it to any of the Friday test-n-tunes
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

I ordered them from Summit yesterday and had them shipped 2nd day. My UPS guy usually shows up around 5pm, but I told him about the tires and he is going to drop them off ASAP Friday morning.
That should, with any luck, give me enough time to have them mounted. I have a friend with a tire machine in his shop and he will mount them as soon as I get them to him.

I am just not going to have the time to drill the rims and screw the tires to the rims

Brian

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool. Are you going tubeless as well?
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Nope, I ordered the tubes also
I may go get the rims out of storage and spend tomorrow drilling them. Where can I get rims screws? I would hate to have the tire spin on the rim and rip them stem off of the tube.

Brian

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Any local performance shop should have the rim screws.... however people I talked to said forget the tubes and screws with the 8.5 inch ET drags/streets on 10 holes. Even the honorable Kim himself suggested this to me on corral.net . My tubes are in a bucket in the garage and my screws are on the shelf at Summit until further notice
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
See- that's what seperates us from the rest of humanity. We understand that breaking stuff is cool!!!!! Besides, got to have a reason to put in a better part...

Jim L.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brian--- do your torque boxes ASAP.

Trust me on this one...

good luck on the 11, my ET streets are still available if something falls through.

I'm comfortable with the decision to run 8.5" slicks. If your ET is about 12.0 it's perfect. 10 or 10.5 would kill some mph.

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the greatest UPS delivery guy on the face of the planet !!!!!
I talked to him the day I ordered my tires (Tuesday night) and asked him if he could possibly deliver them EARLY on Friday instead of the normal time he gets to my house (5-6pm)
He said he would look out for them and get them to ASAP. Today he came by the house saying he couldn't deliver them early on Friday because he was going to be busy, so he grabbed them out of the North Bay hub this morning and delivered them at 9:30AM THIS MORNING !!!!!!!!
They are mounted, balanced and ready to go !!!
Time to head to the track tomorrow and break something (either my personal record or a transmission, axle, etc... )

Brian

[ October 04, 2001: Message edited by: TheBrain ]

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
YeeeHaaaa! I will have set of 3.73's by noon or soemone is getting hurt...
I will bring my video camera plus the digital cam- maybe we can record the carnage for posterity.

And, yes, I watch my mpeg at least three times a day!

Jim L.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL, I watch a few videos of my car at least 3 times a day !!!!! I especially like the "walk around" of my car and the race between GreatWhite's LS1 and my car

Hopefully, this weekend I will have one of 3 videos to watch of my car. Either a wheel(s) up launch, an 11.xx pass or my transmission exploding !!! ROFL

See you at the track tomorrow

Brian

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can't wait to hear the results!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com