Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sactown (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sactown
Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do i need to worry about that yet??

i drive/shift solid.......

I dont have many alterations yet, 'cept maybe for the gears to worry about......??

Screw it, I will have a cage in by the 20th... though I wanted to run with you guys this friday... SHIT!
What d'you guys think??
Maybe I'll just drive up and run once and they can boot me! LOL!

[ October 03, 2001: Message edited by: 93ragLX ]

--------------------
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition
"Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!"

Posts: 2601 | From: Tomball, TX | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Unless you have some sticky tires, you're probably not going to run 13's and have nothing to worry about.
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good point- even w/ your mods you are sporting a bit more weight than the LX'x and GT's. I bet you can get low 14's w/ agressive shifting and controlled launch (minimize tire spin)

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuckin A!
thanks guys!
I will try and get up there this Friday then!
Thursday morning.... subframes! yeah!~

--------------------
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Crap!!! Went to get my gears put in at my 1 O'clock appointment and they tell me that they are short handed and can't do it today! What the hell was the appointment for? Just a Maybe? I will go back Fri. morning at 8 adn then drive the damn thing that day to get the three recommended heat cylces before racing that night. 2.5 hours wasted...

Jim L.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jim,
Where are you having the gears done.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
West Coast Differentials- I wil be getting a really good deal on a complete Trac-Loc rebuild, F-150 S srping, and a set of 3.73's.
Just not today...

Jim L.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can you give me there phone number and location. Stocktoperformance in concord wants $695 to put 4.10s and a speed cal. in

Thanks

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rancho Cordova (Sac) Sunrise Ave. to Folsom to Mercantile.
2429 Mercantile Drive, Suite A
800-642-0950 www.differentials.com

Jim L.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

theres a place in Santa Clara that will install for like $200.00
e-mail me for the name, I will ask my friend Mike......

--------------------
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93ragLX:
theres a place in Santa Clara that will install for like $200.00
e-mail me for the name, I will ask my friend Mike......

Rear End Specialty's
It's off central expy by Apex.
DiGulio is the name of the street.

PS-Make an apointment, theyll get u in and out in 2 hours.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

and for just $200 bucks guys!! got my 4.10's installed there.

--------------------
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

That is just labor, right? No changes to the trac-loc, bearings, etc? You brought them the R&P and they simply installed them?

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

hidden
¯
Member # 486

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidden  Ford pictures for hidden  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Should be just labor. That is cheap. I normally charge $200 and I wouldn't charge any less. Its a dirty job. Some shops will try to give you some jazz about your axles being worn out and stuff. Tell them to show you. Alot of shops will get people for new axles when nothing is wrong with them and then clean them and install in other cars.

Dave

--------------------
http://www.rcip.com/hidden/car.html

Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

that was labor, i brought them new Axle bearings and r&p.
2 hours was right.... and no joke!
i sat my ass there and smiled!

--------------------
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com