Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Videos From 9-22-01 Grudge Night (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Videos From 9-22-01 Grudge Night
jimmyz
¯
Member # 387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmyz  Ford pictures for jimmyz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dunno how many of you I might have got on film but here's a link to the video I took if you're interested guys.

I did get Black Magic's car beating Camara90 on film though

http://www.norcal-ls1.net/media/09-22-01-grudgevids/

--------------------
[img]http://members.norcal-ls1.net/~jimmyz/sig.jpg[/img]

!CAGS, IRS MAF, Whisper CF Lid, T/B Bypass, Redline Oil,K/N Air and Oil Filter,
BMR STB, SFC's, LCA's, A-Panhard, Drop Brackets, Harlan Shift Light,
Hotchkis 1" Drop, KYB Shocks, SLP Resonator Exhaust w/DynoMax 18" Bullet,
Autometer A/F Gauge and Pod, Hurst Billet Plus, MBA Billet Knob, Sony ES Deck,
JL StealthBox w/ Eclipse 10" Aluminum DVC Sub, Eclipse 6.5" Components (Front and Rear),
MTX 5 Channel Blue Thunder Amp, Lightning Audio 1-Farad Cap,
ZR-1 Silver Wheels (17x9.5 and 17x11"), Dunlop SP 8000 Tires (275/40/17 and 315/35/17),
ASP Balancer Pulley, Z06 Clutch w/Lightened Flywheel,
LS-1 HotCam w/LS6 Valve Springs and Comp Cams Pushrods, MSD Wires, TR-55 Plugs.

Posts: 38 | From: San Bruno, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats to Dave. His car was runnin real strong. Mike will be back out and we'll have to set em up again.

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm downloading the video's with my blazing 28.8K connection as we speak. What did each car run? I hear CAMARA90 was down 3-4 mph from usual due to ignition problems.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well it finally downloaded. The end of the race got cut off It was too close to call. Looked like the 5.O pulled on him in 2nd gear, then the LS1 made up the slack in 3rd and 4th was too close to tell. Thanks for putting the videos up so fast. I'll check them all out tomorrow.

-Sawson

jimmyz
¯
Member # 387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmyz  Ford pictures for jimmyz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No problem man, it was my first time out there not racing and I still had tons of fun just watching It was especially nice seeing Black Magic making some good runs since I did the engine work on that car. Kind of a good feeling

--------------------

JL StealthBox w/ Eclipse 10" Aluminum DVC Sub, Eclipse 6.5" Components (Front and Rear),
ZR-1 Silver Wheels (17x9.5 and 17x11"), Dunlop SP 8000 Tires (275/40/17 and 315/35/17),

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hard to say this without sounding like a hater.... but...

Is there any way the guy that films could zoom in as the cars go down the track?

edit: my bad, some runs use zoom and pan action. n/m.

[ September 23, 2001: Message edited by: stocker ]

jimmyz
¯
Member # 387

It's ok you can hate all ya want, we accept you as a shit-talker j/k hehe. I did mess up a few of the runs by not zooming. The camera was having a hard time focusing some times since it was dark and all.

--------------------

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MAN WHAT A JOKE 3 FUCKING RUNS AND I WAS THERE AT 5:30 THAT SUCKS. I guess its cool though since some msd shit found a way to fuck my car up!! Well congrats on the win BLACK MAGIC BUT BEWARE SHE WILL BE RUNNING STRONG SOON AGAIN, AND LETS JUST SAY THE NEXT PAYCHECK IS LOOKING AT A 150 SHOT

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

roseville5oh
¯
Member # 406

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for roseville5oh  Ford pictures for roseville5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just to let you guys know, I should have my footage captured and converted by tommorrow, we'll let you all know when we get available for viewing...

--------------------
'91 blue/gray GT -SOLD :(
'03 DRZ-400S
'76 GMC Truck - building
'92 Chevy k2500 454

Black Magic
¯
Member # 124

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Magic  Ford pictures for Black Magic    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A little side note for st5150... It wasn't too close to call man. We had your boy by a couple cars. The vid doesn't do the race justice. We have it from another angle that shows Black Magic ahead by a fender at the top of first, and it just kept pulling from there. Accept your defeat.

"Win light left lane. Guess that settles that."

Anyway, it was fun to see them go at it again. We've got a few tricks up our sleeve also. Wouldn't that be a hoot to see the NOS'd stroker Mustang get whooped by a N/A LS1? Nice to finally meet Hopefully we'll be able to run them again at the next grudge night.

[ September 24, 2001: Message edited by: Black Magic ]

--------------------
Need quality work at an affordable price? Let Black Magic Racing help find the magic in your hotrod! Give us a call or clink the link below to set up an appointment! (925) 518-3283 BlackMagicSS@mindspring.com

[img]http://www.blackmagic-racing.com/images/sig/header_big.jpg[/img]

Posts: 25 | From: Antioch, Cal. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  :
AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mike's car was running 3-4 MPH slower but he'll have it taken care of next time. But no excuses from us. Sounds like we got a good friendly rivalry goin. You gettin heads now Dave? Stroker LS1? Gears and rear end? Slicks? Man this is gonna get interesting.

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

Black Magic
¯
Member # 124

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Magic  Ford pictures for Black Magic    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can't tell you! Our tricks shall remain tightly held. (Until race night when I get so excited I'll spill the beans)

Oh yeah, I wanted to mention one other thing (not that it really matters). This was Brandon's first trip down the track with the new set up. A few more passes to learn it should really cut some time off. Oh yeah, and I'll clean the air filter this time!!

The rivalry thing is one reason I stepped up the purchase of the clutch. It's all good, ain't it?

Mipaz
Old School
Member # 386

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mipaz  Ford pictures for Mipaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wanna be involved

--------------------
Wheels on the Vette go round and round.

Posts: 1700 | From: Over There | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Black Magic- Yeah, thats why I asked, I know camra angles can skew the outcome. The video cut off before I could see "Win light left lane. Guess that settles that." I'm still waiting for someone to post the 'tail of the tape' (timeslip numbers).

I wish I was there to watch. Sounded like tons of cars where out.

Black Magic
¯
Member # 124

Here ya go Sawson:

Black Magic:
R/T: .745
Sixty: 2.060
1/8: 8.197
1/4: 12.525
MPH: 114.171

Camara90:
R/T: .692
Sixty: 2.072
1/8: 8.424
1/4: 12.929
MPH: 110.400

I have the other numbers if ya need them. They'll just tell you that the LS1 was just a slow pull from the Mustang. I know Mike's car runs faster than that, so it'll be fun to run him again when he gets his bugs worked out. Guess I better get wrenchin', eh?

--------------------
Need quality work at an affordable price? Let Black Magic Racing help find the magic in your hotrod! Give us a call or clink the link below to set up an appointment! (925) 518-3283 BlackMagicSS@mindspring.com

[img]http://www.blackmagic-racing.com/images/sig/header_big.jpg[/img]

Stimson
_
Member # 51

114 mph? Are these with factory untouched heads? If so, I'm very impressed!

You're right, the race wasn't as close as the video made it look. The LS1 was probably three and half cars ahead at the end.

I can't wait to see the rematch late october, it should be a close race!

-Sawson
"Note to self: never race when the corvette club is going up"

jimmyz
¯
Member # 387

Those are factory heads, no porting, no polishing, no nothing. Just heavier valve springs to accomodate the cam. Once I get my tires I'll be back out to race with you guys again also. My WS-6 is identical to Black Magic. I ran the same time as your boy Camara90 but I was on generic street tires. This time I'm puttin on the drag radials and we'll go have some fun

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

What about the intake? Is that factory as well? If so, I'm very impressed. You won't find many 'stangs running 114+ traps around here all motor.... and if they are running it, the heads and intake aren't factory for damn sure.
jimmyz
¯
Member # 387

Stock intake, from the 2001 model year though.

--------------------

jimmyz
¯
Member # 387

Just too add to that, nobody makes aftermarket intakes for the LS-1 yet unless you want a $3000+ sheetmetal one. Even the 9 sec LS-1's still run on the factory intake manifold.

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jimmyz:

Isn't that called an "LS-6" intake or something?

jimmyz
¯
Member # 387

Yea, it's the intake that comes on the 2001+ F-Body's and vettes. Since we have 2000 model year cars, we just upgraded to the new one. It's not aftermarket or anything though. GM revised it for the LS-6 engine in the Z06 but then added it to all the f-body's 2001+.

--------------------

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

It's all good Dave. Good point about Brandon's first time driving it. And another to clean the air filter. I've never seen anything like it before in my life! That K&N looked solid all the way across. No pleates left in that filter. Too bad I'm too slow for most of you but I got a lil somethin in the works to join in on the fun. You guys are great and we look forward to racing/chattin with ya soon.

--------------------

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
Yea, it's the intake that comes on the 2001+ F-Body's and vettes. Since we have 2000 model year cars, we just upgraded to the new one. It's not aftermarket or anything though. GM revised it for the LS-6 engine in the Z06 but then added it to all the f-body's 2001+.

Cool. 'stocker' is doing a similar thing by putting on parts from an Explorer SUV. They don't flow anything near the LS1 stuff though.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

woah, didn't see st5150's post. n/m

[ September 24, 2001: Message edited by: stocker ]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com