Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Results from Sac 11/25

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Results from Sac 11/25
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well we got the ticking time bomb up there anyway cause of some shit talkin from some SRO dudes. Ran a best of 13.2 1.89 60 foot.

Needless to say it is a 12 second ride.

Remember that was all motor passes with some strange lifter sounding tick....trust me I checked everything has to be a bad lifter.

The motor is 90K shortblock with TFS stage 2 heads and cobra intake lonb tube 1 5/8 bbks 4.10s 70mm T/B 73 c&l pro m calibrated...30lbs injectors etc.

The car only MPH 103.3 That is due to the big chamber heads so we are right at 8.8 to one.

ON the 200 shot easy 12 second ride.

On the street or the track.

Regardless.

Oh and 2 inch lowered on Koni cars can hook up OK I guess.....

ET streets 26X10.5X15 @12 psi.

5 speed car.

4-5K launch

Still spun...track sucked.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats sweet! What cam are you running? I bet that cobra intake is holding back those heads some too. Is the shortblock stock? If so, you're probably running slightly lower than 8.8:1 since those 61cc (stock) TW's are probably a bit larger than 61cc with the porting. Given that, I think there is so much more left in the combo. "ON the 200 shot easy 12 second ride." Yeah right! Easy low 11's if the hook is there! About the lack of traction.... was Sac stingy with the VHT on the DOT tire lane? They seem to be more stingy for sat. test-n-tune's.

------------------
My Stocker LX

"It is better to sit quiet and let people think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

[This message has been edited by st5150 (edited 11-27-2000).]

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well ST the convertible is in my name and I drive it when I want but to be honest it is my bros car. I just financed it for him a couple of years back.

Him and I also built the motor in our garage.
The heads are actually 64 cc heads. The cobra intake is ported. It is not matched to the heads but it is ported.

The car also had an honest 3 bent pushrods. It also has the stock air box and is breathing through the stock filter.

I think some sort of ram air and the pushrods fixed then we will see 106 in the quarter.

I dont get my hopes up cause the car is slammed and on C springs and konis and always will be ( the sway bar is also hooked up.)

I think 1.8 is about the best 60 ft we will get for now.

I say 12.2-12.4 on the bottle.

Nitrous works plate kit.

Hopefully we will have it on and working cool this Saturday for some more, funner runs on the bottle.

ON a side note I did not see one of the big mouth SVP guys out there.

Remember this car was drove up there, bumping the whole way. We did not do ANYTHING but air down the tires. The runs were made at 3480 with no driver in it. We had the tools and air tank in the trunk still.

I say not bad.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whats SVP and how are they big mouths? If you're talking about the SRO people.... they really don't race at the track. "I was the fastest runner in the world..... until some one had a stop watch."

-Sawson

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Dan, while speaking about compression, check out the corral's compression calculator:

http://www.corral.net/tech/compress.html

There is a better one out there too---- I have to find the link.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com