Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » whos going to sac on saturday?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: whos going to sac on saturday?
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whos going this saturday ?
mikes taking his car
im taking the cobra
matt's car is getting a tranny
chris is taking the s-351
i think manny is taking his 99gt

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there BUT in an LS1. My poor Mustang is not finished yet.... :(
Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
F8LPONY - What are the exact specs on your stang? heads, blower, ect
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry st5150, just saw your post..

Its too long to list all of the stuff but the major stuff is as follows:

Keith Craft 351 (basic stock internals with TRW slugs @ 9:1 compression)

Vortech S-Trim @ 14lbs (10 rib pullies)
77mm Pro-M metter
75mm Edelbrock T/B
Downs Box upper (Ported)
GT-40 truck lower (Extrude Honed)
Edelbrock Vic jr. heads (mild stage 3 port)
Comp cams= 544lift 230dur 114seperation
Hooker Super Comp 1 3/4" Long tubes
Custom 3" X-pipe
Custom 3" exhaust w/ Dynomax Race Magnums
MSD 6AL
MSD BTM
Weld Draglites
Southside lift bars
33spline Moser axles w/c-clip elim and Spool
TRZ rear sway bar
Art Carr AOD w/ 9" 3500rpm converter
Koni adjustable shocks & struts
Eibach Drag springs
Skinnies up front
No front sway bar
No AC, No Power Steering
Full interior though.

I didnt list the Injectors cuz I am not sure which ones JMS is gonna set me up with for his chip that is being burnt. Most likely they will be 50lbers or 55's since I will not be using an FMU but should only be about 600hp which in a 3100lb car is about 10.10's if you get it to the ground right...I hope thats what you wanting.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry for the late reply... Sounds like a fairly well thought out combo.... just a few comments/questions I have....

I hope the 75mm Edelbrock/BBK T/B doesn't stick. They're some what known for sticking.

The only real restriction I see is the GT-40 truck lower (Extrude Honed)... You think that will be enough to feed a 351? Have you checked out the "new" Trick flow 351 lower?

About the heads... Edelbrock Vic jr. heads (mild stage 3 port)... What are the flow numbers? Who did the port work? (stage numbers really don't mean much, some shops have "stage 6" heads)

Also, what about for fuel? are you running -10 lines and a big ass pump?

Other than that, it sounds like a pretty wicked combo... who is put the car together? You have all the goods to run the ET's your shooting for.... any ideas on when it'll be doing wheels up launches at the strip?

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Hey st5150,

I hope the T/B doesnt stick either.. If i had known I would have bought an Accufad unit..I also hear they dont whistle like my BBk unit does :(

I have seen a couple atricles on the TF 351 lower but it came out long after I had bought my GT-40 and since I dont have any money at the moment I am kinda stuck with it. I may change it out later but this motor is not supposed to be a full on race unit. It was meant to be a durrable daily driver but I think I am gettin a little beyond that now. The next motor will be a lot more powerful than this one so I dont wanna shell out tons of dough on this motor anymore if its not transferable to the new one. besides the shop said when they got the intake backk they were very impressed with how much material come out of the intake without it haveing to be welded so it should flow enough for now.

After the move I lost some of the paperwork for my car and my dogs so I am not sure of the exact flow #'s for the heads although they were supposed to be in the 300-320cfm range on the intake side, forgot on the exhaust. The place that did them is a smaller shop that does all the work for the shop that put the motor in for me, their stage 3 port is fairly basic but very clean, they have stages all the way to i think 5 so mine is not very extravagant since they will flow fine for a street car and I dont wanna ruin velocity for the sake of having huge bores.. I should be getting the car back late next week and I will get the info for you if you like.. I had been so busy with moving back to Cali and almost being sued by my landlords and my dogs having a large litter of puppies that for the last few things i had done to the car I just let the shop do it and let them handle the desisions on what spec items to use where, I simply didnt have the time or frame of mind to mees with it. I know that sounds bad but when you think your life is falling apart your car tends to take a back burner. :(

For fuel I am running a stage 2 fuel system from Central Coast Mustangs which consists of 1/2" main line, 3/8ths return, Aeromotive FP regulator, bigger rails (which I still need to modify), Aeromotive fuel filter, and an external Aeromotive big ass pump, and 55lb injectors from JMS along with a custom burnt chip so I wont have to run ann FMU (hopefully).

My only concern is getting this chip to work right. I will need to get the car dyno'd no matter what so I can send the sheets to JMS and make sure the chips they sent me were ok then I'll be ready to rock and roll.. I wont drive it much on the street anymore though now tht I have the T/A so I will most likely run race fuel in it 24/7 just to reduce the chance of detonation. I know that is not very street carish but if anyone has a problem with it they can kiss my ass cuz they aint gonna be the one paying up when my shit breaks :)

I'll let you know if I get it back next week though. All we are waiting on is the injectors and the chip then I can drive all the way back to WA. to pick it up. :)

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ohh and as far as who did the work, I would have to point at the shop. I am not great with tools but I get the basics done and since I dont own tons of tools yet there are a lot of things I cant really do. I did install the blower and parts of the fuel system, change intakes around, and some of the suspension stuff but for the most part I let the shop do it now rather than break it myself.... I try just about everything on the car but if I get overwhelmed I just let the shop finish it. :) You can only get so far with a couple screwdrivers, a 36piece socket set, a big ass hammer and a steak knife.. But I did get the blower on..LOL
GitnSqrly
¯
Member # 14

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GitnSqrly  Ford pictures for GitnSqrly    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey, that steaknife comes in clutch sometimes. I am going to try to roll up to sac with you guys. I need to get a new MAF though before I go. Anyone have an extra 24lb MAF lying around that I maybe could borrow? I need to send my Pro-M in, but I am stuck since I can't really drive the car without a MAF you know. I guess I can run it like it is, still pulls hard, just sounds shitty on decel. pops and shit.
OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
F8L You know that you could always go over my house and use my tools. God knows you should have gone over there earlier and talked to my kid damnit! I've got a complete rollaway full of tools, an air compressor, impact gun, pneumatic ratchet, more sockets than I need, and a bunch of BFH's, LFH's, and a couple Vasquez wrenches :) I've pulled my tranny about 16 times using only my tools so I know you can find something in there that you could get by with. But working on your car with MY tools still won't make your car as fast as mine. Just be sure to put my tools back and try not to sleep with my wife. :)
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

I forgot you had all those tools man... Thx bro..Once I get the mustang back I'l have to head over there. I'll be doing a lot of tuning on it before it'll be ready to run hard....Dont worry bro, I'll find the correct spot to put my tool away....LOL j/k

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com