Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What happened to cafords? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What happened to cafords?
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is the site dead or the entire hobby? Race tracks closing down. Chevy and import forums are even more dead.
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
Its all about FB groups now. This forum is stuck in the 90s with its layout design and has failed to adapt to the change of times. Recently joined a few Mustang groups and its crazy active

Lol I could care less about the layout honestly. I'd rather have it plain Jane like this than to have a bunch of useless shit around everywhere with adds. I'm sure those forums are active because its not just a state forum. Times are changing, the bay area is expensive as hell so people are spending more time/money on living/working rather than having fun and enjoying life.
I agree with both Robb and NEIGHT. The design is old. Not sure what can be changed to improve it. So I agree with NEIGHT too. I come to this car forum for the content, not the adds, tracking and emojis. Hard to suggest what should be changed.
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sign of the times...
Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Martinna:
Is the site dead or the entire hobby? Race tracks closing down. Chevy and import forums are even more dead.

I think its the hobby, or atleast the interest in the hobby. Its hard to even go out for a drive now without getting harassed by cops/chp thanks to all these sideshows and shit happening almost every other day. Kills it for the people that actually want to go out amd enjoy their cars but are too scared to get state reffed. Atleast thats how I am. Ive lost interest because whats the point of building a bad ass car and then keeping it as a paper weight because Im scared to get fucked with.

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Blow_U_In_Reverse --- Yes! All the thief's- sideshows and shit fanatics are on fb and instagram now. Not here. There are more of us than there is of them. But I think we are the silent majority.
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Snapchat is lit. IG is lit. Facebook is lit. Cafords is..........
Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I still occasionally browse. Life changes and lost interest. My mustang hasn't even been driven in almost a year, just sits in the garage because I don't care anymore.

I'm reminded when I just paid registration and insurance. The time has probably come to part out and move on as I'll never get any of my money back selling complete.

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Moved (x2), retired, started another career...and I'm still here. Now who wants their gears done! [Wink]

Seriously though, social media has killed traditional forums. It's much easier to work with an app and post that way.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ 2017-11-05, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: NEIGHT ]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe a sentence but I dont think he uses periods, so this is Neights posts after a couple words

8========================D : Neights mouth.

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well that was probably the gayest thing anyone has ever said to me on here....

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I moved out of state, and rarely check in anymore. You can find me on social media; message boards just don't get much traffic anymore.

[ 2017-11-05, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Blu50Stang ]

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I check in once a week or so and other forums to keep tabs on what the younger generation is doing with trends and fads. I'm 31, i remember what it was like being a noob when i was 16 and how hard it was getting somebody to take the time to talk to me. I have a notch just sitting waiting for some love. [patriot]

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
SWITCH 625.0
¯
Member # 9322

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SWITCH 625.0  Ford pictures for SWITCH 625.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I check the Ford Sale section on a regular basis. I always have some kind of a project going that requires parts. The site does get juvenile and ghetto from time to time but, i have had excellent interaction on all buy and sell transactions and met some great Mustang enthusiast along the way. [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
04 TR Cobra
07 Shelby GT/SC 552 HP
89 Gt 331,AFR's,Paxton,TKO,3:73
68 Nova 396, 4 speed, 12 Bolt
65 SPF 427 Cobra Replica

Posts: 165 | From: Yuba City,Ca | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im still here....Same old G

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:

Some of us OGs still here, I'm trying to finish my 363 build.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:
quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:

Some of us OGs still here, I'm trying to finish my 363 build.
Right on! Sounds like fun. I have a 99 Saleen that I bought a while ago and have gone thru it and made it pristine....thinkin of selling it tho.. Maybe time for European horsepower
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check in maybe once a month or so. Haven't had a Mustang for a long time. Went back to school, got married, moved out of state, had a kid, etc etc....

Moving back to CA next summer, actually toying with the idea of buying another foxbody....though I'm not even sure why [Smile]

Wonder if anyone from the Sacramento area is still out and about 15yrs later...

Phil

Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Still lurking....
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
BTLD GT
¯
Member # 5229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BTLD GT  Ford pictures for BTLD GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2000BlackGT:
Still lurking....

hi buddy [Big Grin]

--------------------
2000 Cobra R

steeters
¯
Member # 14324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for steeters  Ford pictures for steeters    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I always liked to check in on other people's build threads. That's what kept me coming back over the years.

I'd sit down with the PC at night (not my phone) and check out someone spending a ton of money on a project and watching the progress with pictures and explanations.

I wish there was more of that here today.

Truth be told, during the heyday of CAFords, I was building an AMC Javelin (where I was updating with pics and progress on a different forum) but I would still check in here regularly bc I'm not partial to just one brand of car.

Anyway, I think it was those build threads that killed the magazine industry...and now the forum build threads seem to be a thing of the past and for me that is a big loss.

--------------------
Steve

Wicked Motorsports
¯
Member # 8702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wicked Motorsports  Ford pictures for Wicked Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey everyone i still check in once in a while since last time i posted anything i sold/bought a few foxbodys i still own a 65 and a 89 coupe

[ 2017-11-10, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Wicked Motorsports ]

--------------------
92Fobra GT40/E303/BBK/Mac's (sold)
89notch 306HO/TFS1/BBK lt's
89CHP 331/5spd/LT's/LM1's (RIP)
65 331/HCI/TCI trans/SOLD

Posts: 2604 | From: 831salinas | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
93 interceptor
¯
Member # 9457

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 interceptor  Ford pictures for 93 interceptor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnB:
[QB] Moved (x2), retired, started another career...and I'm still here. Now who wants their gears done! [Wink]

You should come to the Bay Area for a weekend and knock out a few gear installs...

I think all the newer social apps have something to do with the lack of post. None the less I still browse in here to find the occasional deal.

--------------------
1993 Ex-chp
" Drive it till da wheels FALL OFF and then SOME!!!

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
I still occasionally browse. Life changes and lost interest. My mustang hasn't even been driven in almost a year, just sits in the garage because I don't care anymore.

I'm reminded when I just paid registration and insurance. The time has probably come to part out and move on as I'll never get any of my money back selling complete.

Same here...probably just non-op it when reg comes due and just trailer it to the track if I ever get the urge to do the twisties. If my model year ever becomes smog exempt, I may put it back on the road.

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hardly post, but I have seen the hoards pass through over the years.

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com