Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » line up for a job at bart, slave yourself but be ballin (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: line up for a job at bart, slave yourself but be ballin
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
quote:
Originally posted by stanger00:
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
quote:
Originally posted by stanger00:
BART employees are paid by ridership revenue not from state grants or federal grants. That money is strictly for capital improvements not labor.

Check your facts and lay off Steve Glazier rhetoric.

http://www.bart.gov/about/history
( Way back in the 1960's )

The voters approved a $792 million bond issue to finance a 71.5 mile high-speed transit system, consisting of 33 stations serving 17 communities in the three counties. The proposal also included another needed transit project: rebuilding 3.5 miles of the San Francisco Municipal Railway. The new line would link muni streetcar lines directly with BART and Market Street stations, and four new Muni stations would be built.

The additional cost of the transbay tube -- estimated at $133 million -- was to come from bonds issued by the California Toll Bridge Authority and secured by future Bay Area Bridge revenues. The additional cost of rolling stock, estimated at $71 million, was to be funded primarily from bonds issued against future operating revenues. Thus, the total cost of the system, as of 1962, was projected at $996 million. It would be the largest single public works project ever undertaken in the U.S. by the local citizenry.

* BART has and will always require tax revinue to continue running. You can pretend that enough people ride BART to keep it running...... With custodians making over 100k a year, It would have to cost more money to keep up with expenses. As far as I can tell. BART hasn't operated in the black EVER!!!!!!

http://www.bart.gov/about/financials

And now that there's a ton of work that needs to be done..... Who do you think is expected to pay the bill? The taxpayers once again. So in 40+ years of operation, nobody at BART thought to earmark some of the " PROFITS " made to set aside for future repairs that will be needed????

This is why people like myself are tired of seeing Ra-Tards incharge of spending taxpayers money.
100 million set aside 30 years ago making an average of 8% over that time would be worth over a billion dollars.

Rant over [Mad]

Honestly, can you comprehend?

Daily ridership is expected to be 430,000 for 2016. The revenue from those riders pay for labor expenses.

BART gets money from the Federal government and from past Bond measures to pay for projects and other capital repairs to the current (failing) infrastructure.

The amount of damage and age of the system requires more funding from the counties that BART operates within to make BART more reliable and safer for daily riders - NOT to pay for labor expenses.

To make it simple:

BART riders fares pay for employees.

Federal, State and County bonds pay to replace worn infrastructure and make extend tracks and purchase new vehicles.

Do you hate the military too?

SEIU ATU and all other Unions [patriot]

No I don't hate the military.
Whats the average cost of a ticket to ride bart daily?
Do you really think it's ok to make everyone in the state/country pay for this service, when less then 500,000 people are using it?
My reading comp is just fine. .... Your lack of understanding how much money is being wasted on this service is the REAL issue here.
If BART was ran by a private company, it would have found a way to pay for it's upgrades decades ago, the bathrooms would be clean and janitors would be making janitor wages.....Not 100k a year!!!!

I have been on Bart less then 20 times in over 30 years. Lived in the bay my whole life. The service sucks, it's dirty, trains run behind all the time and the Union Demands for more. [Roll Eyes]
I know a few people that commute on Bart. If they didn't get money from their job to ride it into SF, they would just drive to work. One finally did transfer to another law firm, took a paycut just to be able to quit having to ride Bart!!!

There are no public numbers for average fares in 2016 but in 2015 ridership averaged 423,100 per day and average fares were $3.67.

The on-time performance rated at 89.9% for 2015 as well.

Source:
http://www.bart.gov/sites/default/files/docs/2016Factsheet_v12.pdf

And you would rather a single CEO of a billion dollar agency to walk around earning tens of millions in base pay plus big bonuses so they could pay janitors a non-living wage?

Ok, got it.

System service worker (janitor) on their 5th pay scale earn 29.03 per hour and get paid for 2080 hours a year which is around 60k not 100k. For the hazardous materials they are exposed too they should be paying zero medical premiums, IMO.

The real issue is that repairs are not working any longer and a complete overhaul is required.

That Oakland airport tram is looking like a multi billion dollar mistake but here we are.

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com