Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Need advice on garbage bins...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need advice on garbage bins...
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So on garbage day in my neighborhood, I have noticed people go through the recycle bins to scavenge for cans and/or bottles. Bugs the shit out of me so I normally put my bins out late. Last night I put mine out around 8 and about a 1/2 hour later I walked out to throw something else away and what do you know? Some lady standing there with all the cardboard pulled out digging for shit.

Threw me off guard and I am normally not one for confrontation, so I didn't say anything. My question is, what is the real approach to something like this?

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
funny, had some neighbor put an "urgent alert" on that nextdoor blog/forum for our neighborhood and that neighbor got verbally attacked for sending it out as an urgent alert lol like a serious crime in progress type deal. nobody came up with a solution, just criticizing her for how she reported it.

i would just ask them not to make a mess while digging thru my ish...in a nice way

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My suggestion is you take the time to review your county or city municipal code. Specifically looking at waste management section.

In my county there is a provision that clearly indicates that whom ever is collecting recycles and or other waste shall have a contract with the person whom they are collecting it from.

It sure is a pain having them come by digging thru your trash. Once had an ass wipe empty out the plastic recycling oil containers into my trash and take the container away empty.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Homeless mufuckas what can you really do? Call the cops and by the time they get there they already ran through your shit?

I always keep a fresh pile of shit(DOG) on top of any garbage bags I through out. Then I take some of the poop and put it on top of it so that if they do what they do, they gonna have to deal with doo doo.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It doesn't bother me that someone else is trying to eat as long as they don't leave shit on the street when they're done.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont want riff raff like that in my neighborhood. tell them to move on

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I first move in my home I notice that. And it's weird cause I never see hommeless were I live. I really don't mind as long they don't leave a mess. They don't mess with my trash much cause I don't drink beer, soda or buy bottle water so there not much for them to recycle. What I do love is that if I want to get rid of something like a nice piece of furniture that I don't need I leave it out side and it's gone within hours

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
2Foxes2Five0Coupes
¯
Member # 9154

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes  Ford pictures for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
It doesn't bother me that someone else is trying to eat as long as they don't leave shit on the street when they're done.

quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:

i would just ask them not to make a mess while digging thru my ish...in a nice way

Keep bringing your carts out late like your doing if your worried about "sensitive" information being pulled out just be on top of.shredding old mail. Maybe put your bottles and cans in a bag for them to make it easy for them not to dig through the carts hopefully. Try and not let it bother you too much because most of the people doing it are honestly recycling trying earn a few bucks.
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I suppose I should have been more specific, the only thing that does bother me is they don't always put all the shit back in. Instead, I wake in the morning to see cardboard or what ever in the street and I have to clean it up.

And 135.0, I knew I was going to get some antic response from you. [Razz]

But, I thought you were going to tell me to spray them with the garden hose or some shit. haha

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
So on garbage day in my neighborhood, I have noticed people go through the recycle bins to scavenge for cans and/or bottles. Bugs the shit out of me so I normally put my bins out late. Last night I put mine out around 8 and about a 1/2 hour later I walked out to throw something else away and what do you know? Some lady standing there with all the cardboard pulled out digging for shit.

Threw me off guard and I am normally not one for confrontation, so I didn't say anything. My question is, what is the real approach to something like this?

dump your dog shit all over it on garbage day! that's what I do! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
92 LS Coupe
¯
Member # 13890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92 LS Coupe  Ford pictures for 92 LS Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:

Agreed

--------------------
1992 Notchback coyote swap
1992 Notchback
1966 Mustang Coupe

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
air soft gun...just kidding. As long as they clean up, I don't really have a problem. Its the stray cats in my neighborhood that piss me off if my garbage can is the slightest over filled. They will get in and tare shit up!

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a recycling bin and let them go through that instead of the garbage bin
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:

dump your dog shit all over it on garbage day! that's what I do! [Big Grin]
Haha I do the same shit, it's not that I don't want them getting to the cans. It's that they trash up the area after like Blue was saying. Plus I don't have cans in there cause I'm cheap and recycle. I've sprayed the homeless once and I felt like a jerk afterwards. Don't do that
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My preferred methods of dumpster diver prevention are to either top my cans off with dog sh#t or a lot of broken glass. Scavengers will move onto easier targets.
SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSFGiant  Ford pictures for SSFGiant    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've seen people put locks on them. A friend who's a garbage man said the people who had locks would give him the key to unlock it. It was inconvenient for him but it was only a handful of people who did it. It's not common. You can lock it and wake up early to unlock it?
Posts: 588 | From: South San Fran | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it bothers you that much get some gravity locks. It will only open with the key provided or when turned upside down... you can find them online.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com