Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Car scene (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Car scene
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it just me or does it seem like the car scene has changed for the worst? I remember when you can go out on a Friday/Saturday night and chill and talk about cars and not have some one going and doing donuts and getting the cops called so we all have to leave or going our and racing from 10:30-4 am with out the cops showing up maybe I'm just getting old
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I feel that it is both. Not only are we getting older but social media has changed the scene. You have all these kids who don't respect the motorsport or lack the real enthusiast's heart just out there looking to get attention/likes/recognition and often times can't even turn a wrench on their car. I'm not saying you can't be a car fan if you can't work on cars, there are just too many egotistical douches invading the scene for the wrong reasons.

[ 2016-04-10, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Black 02 SS ]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Right it's seems like someone pick up a car and thinks there a car guy/girl and there car is "wet" when it was built by someone else and probably has stolen parts and someone who can't drive
[burnout]

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I really don't go to the sideshows anymore because if I go I know the boys are going to right up some tickets and shit. As for people who don't work on their cars they think they the shyt and I really don't hang out with those kind of people because all they want to become famous in IG and next thing you know they shyt is for sale because they dont know how to wrench on cars. I stay humble and when my shit is running THIS MOTHERFUCKERS ARE GOING TO BREAK THOSE NECKS! and say whose that in the white coupe?

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93 5.0:
Right it's seems like someone pick up a car and thinks there a car guy/girl and there car is "wet" when it was built by someone else and probably has stolen parts and someone who can't drive
[burnout]

I know the wet emjoi water symbol gets on my nerves!

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
FOXX5.0
¯
Member # 9094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOXX5.0  Ford pictures for FOXX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
I feel that it is both. Not only are we getting older but social media has changed the scene,there are just too many egotistical douches invading the scene for the wrong reasons.

👌🏻👌🏻

[ 2016-04-10, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

It's like what happened to the days when you showed up to a meet and open your hood and people came around and gave you props on your build and ask about it and you didn't have to trip off someone trying to Jack you it seems like now someone goes out and get a 2500 car and paints the rims blk and everyone thinks it clean and just seems the ones who take there time on a car doesn't get noticed as much as they used to
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, the car scene has gotten a lot worse over the last 10 hrs or so. Can't drive a nice muscle car around without having to watch your back. All these young kids have no respect and are out to steal your car. It's ridiculous.

That's why I've pretty much steered clear of the scene for quite some time now. I'd rather talk shop with 40-60 yr old MEN at the track than bullshit with young thugs at a car show.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's pretty much ghetto people ruining this shit.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Same thing that happened when they made drugs illegal, when they started cracking down on street racing it cause the criminal element to make douchbags think racing and doing donuts was cool to run away from cops and start shit.

Back in the day they'd let us setup shop at white rock road and national Blvd in sac at least. People would come out cruise sunrise and then find a race or some bitches cruising then all meet up at the race spot. Cops would know what we were up to and would make us leave when it got too late, shit some of them would come out with their own cars to run em. Then they started to crack down on the stupid fast and furious Hondas and acuras which lead to no more cruising and no more illegal street racing and now the ghetto trash element is become today.

Too bad millenials, your stuck with the shit scene. You'll never know how those meets were like or even what cruising was, but you have 8 fast and furious videos and I think two Mac Dre videos you can formulate what a side show look like.

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is why my mustangs have been sitting for a few years, I just don't get much enjoyment out of them anymore with the constant "swang em", shit box cars revving and trying to race at every light or being paranoid about someone fucking with it when you park somewhere.

I've actually been thinking about turning my cobra into a track only car now.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I knew it I knew it...those saggy pants and shirts 5xxx were no good!!
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The game hasn't changed. You guys just got old.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

I remember you if you had bars it was pulling up to the line now doing donuts anyone can do a donut but few can pull up to the line and race with out hitting someone and win the race or lose and not say oh my boy brother friend cuzin dad's car is faster or be quick to pull a gun cuz you got your a$$ handed to you over a race I'm not talking about a roll race I'm talking about a dig if you want a roll you can go to the bakery for that
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I remember you if you had bars it was pulling up to the line now doing donuts anyone can do a donut but few can pull up to the line and race with out hitting someone and win the race or lose and not say oh my boy brother friend cuzin dad's car is faster or be quick to pull a gun cuz you got your a$$ handed to you over a race I'm not talking about a roll race I'm talking about a dig if you want a roll you can go to the bakery for that

Lol. What kind of people do u hang with that pull guns after they lose a race?!
Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
quote:

Lol. What kind of people do u hang with that pull guns after they lose a race?!
quote:
Originally posted by CoyoteMike:
quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

I've been to a couple of races where dude lost and instead of paying he pulled a gun and stater shooting in the air and dip out
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Social media happened. Nowadays everyone thinks that swinging donuts is the shit to do. From what I see on instagram is that I probably will never buy another fox from around here because most of them have been beat to shit at the sideshows. [Frown]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Social media happened. Nowadays everyone thinks that swinging donuts is the shit to do. From what I see on instagram is that I probably will never buy another fox from around here because most of them have been beat to shit at the sideshows. [Frown]

U have two choices a clapped out fox from Cali or a rust bucket from anywhere else which one do u choose

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

quote:
I've been to a couple of races where dude lost and instead of paying he pulled a gun and stater shooting in the air and dip out

Lololo what a sore loser

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ya it's sad when you can't admit that you lost and go bak and make your car faster [dance]
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The stance vapping swag fags have taken over the car scene here.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like some of you need to take up needle point.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com