Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Roadside smog in Union City

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Roadside smog in Union City
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On Alvarado Niles by Americas Tire going towards Niles.

[ 2016-03-22, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: BUKSING ]

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good looking out. Thanks for posting. The government seems to always be looking for ways to intimidate and hassle us, huh? Don't give up your rights. You can refuse these checks and carry on your way. Up in Norcal they use these smog check points, but in SoCal they use border check points, even 50-100 miles away from the border as an excuse, but you can always do what hundreds of others do and refuse like this vid shows---- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3dDNPwJTU [patriot]

The best advice when dealing with law enforcement-----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

https://www.eff.org/files/2015/11/23/3mod-police_tips_9-8-2015.pdf

[ 2016-03-22, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Martinna:
Good looking out. Thanks for posting. The government seems to always be looking for ways to intimidate and hassle us, huh? Don't give up your rights. You can refuse these checks and carry on your way. Up in Norcal they uses these smog check points, but in SoCal they use border check points, even 50-100 miles away from the border as an excuse, but you can always do what hundreds of others do and refuse like this vid shows---- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3dDNPwJTU [patriot]

Full retard.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Good looking out. Thanks for posting. The government seems to always be looking for ways to intimidate and hassle us, huh? Don't give up your rights. You can refuse these checks and carry on your way. Up in Norcal they uses these smog check points, but in SoCal they use border check points, even 50-100 miles away from the border as an excuse, but you can always do what hundreds of others do and refuse like this vid shows---- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3dDNPwJTU [patriot]

Just curious, how old are you?
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why do you ask? Read my other General Talk posts. Two law enforce enforcement employees here have already made personal attacks against me. But notice no one doubts what I say is true.
Did you watch this video --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc ????

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Blue92 ------ I got spooked when two people in law enforcement posted here and tried to debunk my posts by attacking me personally instead of the facts I was posting {{{{which they didn't deny}}}}. I hope you understand my reluctance to share personally identifiable information. It is not out of disrespect towards you. You all can imagine why law enforcement employees do not like people that inform citizens they are being spied on. I believe in standing my ground and sharing what I've learned with others. [patriot]
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone know if you pass this test it counts as a smog lol ( no really need a smog cert) [Razz]
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No, it doesn't count for a smog certificate [Frown] The main purpose of government roadside checks is to establish authority. Public officials want to get their private citizens use to the idea of check points and monitoring.
Informed citizens don't have to give up their rights. Watch the links I posted above. You can call their bluff and refuse these suspicion less inspections and searches with out a warrant. [patriot]

[ 2016-03-28, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
These smog things are kind of like those "agriculture" inspections when entering California for example. "Any fruit in your car today?" "No." "Ok, have a nice day..."

You know how many people must lie who just came from the farmers market lol. So stupid.

There just setting the tone for the future, its not about the air quality.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you have nothing to hide, Why get shook up about this? Its really not that big of a deal. I'm not about to get shot refusing and putting up a huge fight over something so simple.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Robb ---- think about what you are saying about the 4th amendment. To use your argument about the 4th amendment on the 1st amendment would be for you to say "I don't care about freedom of speech because I have nothing to say". Think about that. Why would you give up your 4th amendment right? If people should have nothing to hide, then NSA agents, politicians, police chiefs, and CEOs should also have nothing to hide if all men are created equal. FBI agents, politicians, police chiefs, and CEOs should embrace the total transparency they demand from the the rest of us. But they don't, those people never get hassled by border checks or roadside smogs.

quote:
Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say
Remember your 4th amendment right ---
quote:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
'Merica [patriot]

[ 2016-03-29, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
More than 60% of cars fail a smog inspection with in six months of a smog repair and smog inspection.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

^^^^^ Is that really true? Sounds like fake numbers the EPA and CARB puts out to justify the smog program. I've seen many cars pass year after year. The claim about half of all cars fail smogs 6 months after passing sounds like government propaganda [BS flag]
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
^^^^^ Is that really true? Sounds like fake numbers the EPA and CARB puts out to justify the smog program. I've seen many cars pass year after year. The claim about half of all cars fail smogs 6 months after passing sounds like government propaganda [BS flag]

I guessing you are not or never been in the automotive repair industry .
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

I have not. Who re-smogs their car 6 months after passing? The claim stinks like government propaganda. CARB or the EPA probably paid for it [patriot] Bullshit study to put out bullshit numbers by bullshit organizations [patriot]
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
I have not. Who re-smogs their car 6 months after passing? The claim stinks like government propaganda. CARB or the EPA probably paid for it [patriot] Bullshit study to put out bullshit numbers by bullshit organizations [patriot]

Then maybe you should go fuck off somewhere else then.
alexv
¯
Member # 13018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexv  Ford pictures for alexv    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Curious about this... what happens if you go thru one of these road smog check and fail (missing cats, too much emission, etc...)?
Is that just a warning or would you need to fix it and go thru an official smog check afterward?

[ 2016-05-06, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: alexv ]

Posts: 119 | From: Novato, CA | Registered: Jun 2013  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by alexv:
Curious about this... what happens if you go thru one of these road smog check and fail (missing cats, too much emission, etc...)?
Is that just a warning or would you need to fix it and go thru an official smog check afterward?

I have no clue but I would guess they'd give you a one-way ticket to the state ref.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollininmy50  Ford pictures for rollininmy50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great video, it's never happened to me before but I heard they can tow the car then you go threw the referee after you get it out of the tow yard.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com