Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Stingray devices garnering more attention (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Stingray devices garnering more attention
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/feb/13/cell-tracker-nondisclosure/

[Eek!]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, they're using these in Sacramento and The Bay. Cops routinely use these box and lie to the judges and courts about it. Baltimore is just like California http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/08/23/baltimore-police-stingray-cell-surveillance/31994181/

These boxes can track you, download all the contents on your phone, contact list, pictures, text messages, and it all. They can even listen in on your calls. All of these are just a matter of the cops enabling the feature in their software, and then lying to the courts about it.

Doesn't everyone use Signal to text and talk now though? As long as you secure it with a long password, you're one step ahead in the game --- Install Signal for iPhone IOS or Install signal for Android.

We've already been told what not to use, products by any of these backstabbing companies----- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Prism_slide_5.jpg

and we've been told what information is always permanently recorded and intercepted when we use products by these backstabbing companies

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/PRISM_Collection_Details.jpg

What happened to the 4th amendment? What happened to probable cause?

[ 2016-03-26, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
These fuckers can see listen and hear everything we do know. Don't want to sound like a chemtrail wierdo but we are in the police state of the future and if we're not aware of it they will take more of what they do to the next level. Snowden will never be let back in this country again.
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, forgot these stingray boxes cops use in the SF bay area and Sacramento also have the capability to secretly turn on the microphone in your phone so they can listen in and record.

Every regular text message and phone call is always recorded and stored.

Most of the internet companies you use secretly give all of this information about you to the government-----------

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/PRISM_Collection_Details.jpg [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Just look at that list! They have it all, and no one ever had a say or vote in the freest country on earth! One of the few things we can all do is use the Signal app from https://whispersystems.org It's a start, but not a solution. Only one of the politions running for election right now thinks what the government is doing is wrong. Anyone know who it is? What do the rest of you guys think? Any other tips or advice? We've been living in the matrix and didn't even know it.

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here is my two cents. I don't give a fuck if they want to record me or listed to the stupid shit I talked to friends. I love this country so really they have nothing on me in any way. Yes it sucks but hey that's technology for u. And it's just getting better and better. And we can't stop using it

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

losbadgts , lots to say to that. Before starting, don't kid yourself by saying "if they want to record me". You have never had an email, telephone call, instant message or text message in the past 10 years that was not recorded. [patriot] Not one [patriot] The only difference is now you know exactly which organizations betrayed your trust.

-0-Maybe you don't care now, but what if someone comes to power that wants to build walls around your nation, deport races of people like the trail of tears, kill your fellow citizens and their children with out due process in the courts {{maybe with a drone}}, or even charging them with a crime, indefinitely detain {jail} citizens with out ever charging them of a crime. What options will you have then? None. You're owned by google,apple,microsoft and facebook which are staunch collaborators with the government and total betrayers of their user's trust.

-0-We all have something to hide! That's why we put locks on our doors, curtains on our windows and passwords on our email and social media accounts. Privacy is engrained in human nature, and the foundation of our freedom. If you really don't care about being spied on, PM me your passwords. Just like google, apple, microsoft and facebook, I'll stroll through your accounts and see what I come up with, and then pass a copy of it all to the cops. You claim to be a good citizen and I'm sure you've never done anything cops would care about like smoke weed, do a burn out in your mustang or speed faster than 65MPH. You have nothing to hide, right? Don't worry, unlike google, facebook, apple or microsoft, I'm not trying to get rich off of your personal info and unlike your government, I'm not trying to control and manipulate your freedom. If you trust these entities, why not trust me? I don't have billions of dollars or the capacity to incarcerate you. After all, you have nothing to hide. It's only bad people that have something to hide and try to keep things private. Do you see how silly this way of thinking is?

-0-These stingray boxes can modify the storage on your phone https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stingray_phone_tracker It says "Writing metadata to internal storage". To clarify what this means , a cop with a properly configured stingray can change the location of where and when a picture was taken on your phone, where your GPS said you were , who you called and when you called them, and for how long. All of this is metadata! And remember to get these boxes from the FB I, cops had to sign a paper saying they'll LIE TO THE COURTS that they used this technology against their own citizens. Do you really want to hand this much of your freedom over? And if so, in exchange for what? Even if you're not sure, don't you think as "free" people, we should have a vote to decide if we want such weapons used against us? [patriot]

In your heart you, your friends and family know you should all be using honest software like the Signal app from https://whispersystems.org for text and voice calls. If not for any reason, other than to support an organization that doesn't lie to your face because they think you're an easy to manipulate idiot [patriot]

[ 2016-03-11, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
here is my two cents. I don't give a fuck if they want to record me or listed to the stupid shit I talked to friends. I love this country so really they have nothing on me in any way. Yes it sucks but hey that's technology for u. And it's just getting better and better. And we can't stop using it

This is exactly the type of victim...ahem I mean citizen... that need apply.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:

I agree. Paranoia is out of control...

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If going to gangster shit don't record it or talk about on the phone.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

theconductor, why do you consider this paranoia? Paranoia implies concern about something that is not true. Do you not believe it's going on? Do you not believe the government's own internal secret documents? Being paranoid all of your communications are being recorded is like being paranoid the sky is blue. Look up. The sky is blue. Doesn't it bother you, being lied to by government and huge corporations? Doesn't it bother you they treat you as a gullible fool? Please share your thoughts on this topic.

Hurting your feelings , you falsely imply only those doing something wrong need privacy. That's ridiculous! It's not about going gangster. It's the principle of none of your business.

Remember the 4th amendment: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

We don't have to justify our rights. That's not how rights work by definition.

To those that don't mind being spied on and powerless, please explain your logic.

[ 2016-03-11, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Martinna:

To those that don't mind being spied on and powerless, please explain your logic.

They have no logic, that's why they want to be formed by the government to their liking. Maybe they support getting a chip put in them to get tracked too.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Worked as a contractor in Iraq working on aircraft that had these boxes with linguists to listen to and read suspects texts and other tracking equipment. If the military has it the local authorities have it and will use it. It's all in the name of the "war on drugs". It's no secrete that this technology is widely available and being used without our knowledge but the legality of it all is in question.

Just use apps that encrypt your messages. iMessage encrypts all of your info and they can't read those, as far as I know.

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the government wants to see my dick pics then more power to them . If plan doing dirt don't use your phone. Hell don't even bring your phone with you. An remember the can track your credit cards and atm cards already.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just don't say or look up dumb shit on the internet and just do that stuff in person if you want to hide something.
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

quote:
Originally posted by stanger00:
Worked as a contractor in Iraq working on aircraft that had these boxes with linguists to listen to and read suspects texts and other tracking equipment. If the military has it the local authorities have it and will use it. It's all in the name of the "war on drugs". It's no secrete that this technology is widely available and being used without our knowledge but the legality of it all is in question.

Just use apps that encrypt your messages. iMessage encrypts all of your info and they can't read those, as far as I know.

Yes, General Keith Alexander who ran the spying mission during the conquest of the people of Iraq came home after the war and ran the NSA to run the spying mission on the people of America using the same tools and tricks he learned in Iraq. For years the government has been flying planes over us scooping up all the information on our cell phones , thousands of people at a time ------ http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/14/government-planes-mimic-cellphone-towers-to-collect-user-data-report Now that they're flying drones to monitor Americans, you can bet they'll be using drones to sniff data off our cell phones as well ----------- http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/03/09/pentagon-admits-has-deployed-military-spy-drones-over-us/81474702/

This is what history has taught us, weapons governments claim to "only" use on a small, helpless minority always end up being used against the masses in due time [patriot]
Just wait until they start using those drone based speeding cameras on freeways [patriot]

You have a big misunderstanding of how iMessage works. iMessage is one of the least secure message programs out there! Want proof, look at everything Apple lets a government tap on their networks copy ---- https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/PRISM_Collection_Details.jpg Apple gives the government a full copy of their customer's Emails, Chats, video calls, voice calls, photos, file transfers, social networking details and more. This chart lists which message apps are secure and which ones aren't ------- https://www.eff.org/secure-messaging-scorecard How many apps have all green check marks? [Eek!] [Eek!]

TL;DR

The Signal app install Signal for iPhone IOS or Install signal for Android with a long pass phrase {a couple of random words} is the most viable messaging app we have these days. Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and others on this list instantly give up 100% of their customer data to the goverment. [patriot]

[ 2016-03-26, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stanger00:

It only took a week after the above was posted. Guys, you need to stop using iMessage. Not only is it backdoored to give Apple and Governments all of your messages and content, but a new big flaw was just revealed that gives your average computer geek access to your iMessage too------
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/johns-hopkins-researchers-discovered-encryption-flaw-in-apples-imessage/2016/03/20/a323f9a0-eca7-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story .html

Do not use any messaging app or products from the crooked companies listed here---
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d1/Prism-slide-7.jpg

ONLY use messaging apps with 100% green check marks here-----
https://www.eff.org/secure-messaging-scorecard

For the love of freedom, use what ever app you want with 100% all green checks from the link above.

[ 2016-03-21, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This guy should be in the vendor section.

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You only have 42 posts. Of those 42 posts and I don't have that much time on my hands to search through them, but so much of it seems to relate to this app that you keep pushing. Who are you? You've been here since 2012. Do you even own a Ford?
Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Why make it about me and not the message? Edited the post if it makes you feel better. Does that make you two feel better about having all of your communications recorded? What does this fact have to do with what I drive or when I registered?
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I personally don't care if this is the guy's first post or if he owns a Ford or not. Many people don't own one and this is also general talk which means just that.

I personally want to know what rights are being taken, laws changed and everything else that affects my civil liberties etc etc. If this guy wants to enlighten us or make us think in a different way, that is a good thing; not who won a super bowl, world series or any other trivial bull shit. Every time you guys get impressed by a $50 million player, that just means you get to pay for it in the wallet at the game. Stupid. That player should run into the stands and thank each one of you for his multiple Ferrari's and 5 homes.

I think it's a good thing, not a bad thing, and people choose to read this post or not. Those who don't care or think this guy is crazy somehow should look to the next thread about how many rings an NFL team has, because that's really what matters.

This guy is only trying to help not start anything. He's also been very civil and polite in doing so.

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/

Go bananas enlighten yourself and spread the ap sales

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
I personally don't care if this is the guy's first post or if he owns a Ford or not. Many people don't own one and this is also general talk which means just that.

I personally want to know what rights are being taken, laws changed and everything else that affects my civil liberties etc etc. If this guy wants to enlighten us or make us think in a different way, that is a good thing; not who won a super bowl, world series or any other trivial bull shit. Every time you guys get impressed by a $50 million player, that just means you get to pay for it in the wallet at the game. Stupid. That player should run into the stands and thank each one of you for his multiple Ferrari's and 5 homes.

I think it's a good thing, not a bad thing, and people choose to read this post or not. Those who don't care or think this guy is crazy somehow should look to the next thread about how many rings an NFL team has, because that's really what matters.

This guy is only trying to help not start anything. He's also been very civil and polite in doing so.

I was interested in the beginning, but it just seems like a marketing ploy to me now. That's why I mentioned the vendor section. I could care less about the sports threads btw.

--------------------
ET's to come

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Fostang ------- Sorry to come across as selling something. It was not my goal. I have nothing to do with any app and the app I've been accused of selling is open source and free. It can't be bought or sold because it's free. Please judge me by the content of my message and not the bad style I was initially using. You do agree with the content of my message that liberty has been eroded with out our knowledge or consent, right?

92_5.0 ----- Sorry to come across as a ploy. I can see things from your perspective and have started to change my ways so my real message doesn't get lost. I really don't care which app you use from the EFF.org link above, as long as it has 100% green check marks. I'm sincere about this and not trying to sell free software, as crazy as trying to sell something that's free sounds. I'd be happy to help you or anyone else answer questions on technology steps you can take to help protect your freedom and rights. You or anyone else can ask away. Maybe you're not like losbadgts and sometimes do things you don't want the government to know about and record like drive faster than 65 MPH {{{ they use our cell phones to calculate this as it was recently revealed }}} or smoke weed {{{{they've recorded all emails and chats}}}.

9cobra7 ------- Thank you for correctly understanding and stating my position.

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

So in order to get the benefit of this app, the other person(s) you are texting/talking to have to have this app installed as well?

--------------------
ET's to come

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes. All the 100% green check marked apps in the EFF.org link above function the same way as other apps like skype, iMessage, facebook/whatsapp and google hangouts: both sides of the conversation need it installed.

On your laptop Pidgin {PCs} and Adium {MACs} can be used with an existing google account, but both sides must install the OTR Off The Record plugin and enable OTR in the chat window for it to work. Chat logging in enabled by default in the preferences of these two programs, so both sides probably want to disable. This way a local copy isn't kept on your laptop.

The big picture message is not to install an app and regain your liberty. There is no app you can install to regain your rights. Remember, no one asked you if it's okay for them to record every aspect of your life, and you didn't volunteer for it either.

[ 2016-03-21, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com