Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Stingray devices garnering more attention (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Stingray devices garnering more attention
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Me:
Yes. All the 100% green check marked apps in the EFF.org link above function the same way as other apps like skype, iMessage, facebook/whatsapp and google hangouts: both sides of the conversation need it installed.

On your laptop Pidgin {PCs} and Adium {MACs} can be used with an existing google account, but both sides must install the OTR Off The Record plugin and enable OTR in the chat window for it to work. Chat logging in enabled by default in the preferences of these two programs, so both sides probably want to disable. This way a local copy isn't kept on your laptop.

The big picture message is not to install an app and regain your liberty. There is no app you can install to regain your rights. Remember, no one asked you if it's okay for them to record every aspect of your life, and you didn't volunteer for it either.

92_5.0 ---- someone else asked almost the exact same question and I gave a longer answer here------ https://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=061189;p=1#000020

[ 2016-03-21, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You do know that for any recorded conversation "wire tap" or personal information to be admissible in court a judge would have been required to issue a warrant for it to be obtained. Furthermore you would need to be involved in some crimininal investigation, and probable cause already established that you are/had/about to commit a crime, which in most cases would need to be a felony. Any information obtained outside of a warrant would not be admissible in court, and any part of the investigation that benefited from it would be thrown out as part of the "fruit of the poisonous tree" doctrine.

Police departments across the state are understaffed and barely keep up with all the theft, robbery, burglary, domestic violence, vandalism, auto theft, identity theft, and assault cases that pile up everyday. Nobody has the time, manpower, or budget to assign officers to listen to people's random conversations all day. Detectives don't waste their time obtaining evidence illegally, just to have it thrown out in court or get destroyed by a defense attorney. Not to mention the money for whatever type of equipment this is, the hard drive space to store it, and IT staff to manage the programs. Purchasing of all this would go through s budget proposal that the Chief, City manager, and city council would likely have to approve. Nobody is going to waste money on shit like this. Anyone who thinks so is not living in reality.

If you are concerned about individual rights and freedoms more power to you. But I can tell you with certainty that the police aren't listening to your conversations and don't really give a shit. There are much bigger problems to deal with everyday. People losing their lives, women being beaten, children being neglected, and lots of other sad shit. Ain't nobody sitting around with a set of headphones and a red bull just waitin for you to talk about some bullshit you did. Nobody cares. Your not that special.

Go sell your app somewhere else.

'Merica

[ 2016-03-22, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank you for voicing your opinion in this discussion. I agree. The points you bring up were valid a long time ago. It looks like many of you haven't kept up with the revelations in recent years though. A warrant hasn't been required to spy on you for a long time ---- https://bit.ly/21GcM3C We live in a new age, a new world. Old assumptions about how your government works do not apply.

You are correct, information obtained with out a warrant is not admissible in court, but that's why there is now Parallel Construction ----- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_construction
The government uses Parallel construction to illegally spy on you and find out the contents of your messages, your locations, calls, patterns and then use this information to get a "legitimate" warrant against you. They never tell the court the illegal way they got the information in the first place. This is how the justice system works now ---- http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/09/nsa-loophole-warrantless-searches-email-calls I know many of you weren't aware of this, so approach this topic with an open mind, things have changed. What you thought was true is no longer. Don't come in with any prejudice and judge your situation openly.

This is what cops are doing with this sting ray technology---

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/08/23/baltimore-police-stingray-cell-surveillance/31994181/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2016/03/10/surprise-nsa-data-will-soon-routinely-be-used-for-domestic-policing-that-has-nothing-to-do-with-terrorism/

Finally, you make two wrong attacks against me personally, instead of the topic. This severely undermines your arguments.

1--- You claim I'm selling free software. Isn't it crazy to think someone is selling something that's 100% free? Read my earlier posts where it clearly shows I sent a link to a long list of tested messaging apps and said to only use 100% secure message apps. {{{{google/facebook/skype/instagram/iMessage are not secure)}}} and mentioned the very few free ones that checked out 100% secure. I'm ashamed to have to explain this, but I honestly do not sell free software. I also do not sell bridges. I had to mention that because that might have been someone's next argument to discredit the articles I've linked to and summarized [Roll Eyes]

2--- I never said and the documents and articles I linked to never said cops are listening in with headphones all the time. While I did show they can do this any time they want with out a warrant or cause. What I really showed using the governments own internal documents is every form of your communications are being recorded on FB I and NS A hard drives and analyzed and you never had a vote or say in it [Eek!] This information on all of us free people is passed down to cops. I also showed many of you do not understand how your government works in this new era.

Notice the nay sayers only try to attack me personally or attack a misrepresentation of the facts I've stated. Makes sense. The facts are too abundant and undeniable.

I'm happy to help anyone preserve their rights and protect their electronic devices. Just ask. Sharing is caring. Knowledge is power. [patriot]

But there is no app to fix "I was stupid and no longer have a democracy". Sorry.

[ 2016-03-22, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's like 10 cops on the board, lol. Cops love mustangs apparently.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There are lots of people in law enforcement that are truly great people. No one disputes this fact and lets not mix it up with the true topic of discussion here [Cool]
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Martinna=full retard
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
If the government wants to see my dick pics then more power to them

Look at this I found. Surprise, along with everything else, the government actually does look at your dick and tit pics [Eek!] They then show them to fellow employees and comment or laugh or high five each other while looking at them.

From http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/18/-sp-edward-snowden-interview-rusbridger-macaskill
quote:
analysts were "thrust into a position of extraordinary responsibility, where they now have access to all your private records. In the course of their daily work, they stumble across something that is completely unrelated in any sort of necessary sense – for example, an intimate nude photo of someone in a sexually compromising situation. But they’re extremely attractive. So what do they do? They turn around in their chair and they show a co-worker. And their co-worker says, ‘Oh, hey, that’s great. Send that to Bill down the way’, and then Bill sends it to George, George sends it to Tom, and sooner or later this person’s whole life has been seen by all of these other people."

[ 2016-03-25, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you guys heard about these Textalyzers they're planning to start using in NY? They're like a breathalyzer. After an accident or incident, cops will plug your phone into a machine built by an Israeli company. The machine sucks info from your phone to find out if you were texting while driving. [Eek!] The machine can suck down everything from your phone, texts, pictures, passwords, everything. Cops just promise they won't suck everything from your phone. However, since textalyzers are closed source hardware and software you have no way of knowing exactly what cops download from your phone.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/04/first-came-the-breathalyzer-now-meet-the-roadside-police-textalyzer/

Make up your own mind on whether you want this technology used against you or not [patriot] Maybe some of you don't care, you have nothing to hide. You never drive your mustangs faster than 65 MPH, burn out or have anything else to hide [patriot]

For the rest of us, some good tips https://www.eff.org/files/2015/11/23/3mod-police_tips_9-8-2015.pdf and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

[ 2016-04-14, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Knock knock....

Whos there?

Yep go fuck off and DIAF.

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The types of cases cops solve by accessing your cellphones remotely -----
http://cnsmaryland.org/interactives/spring-2016/maryland-police-cell-phone-trackers/index.html

TLDR; Cops in the Central Valley Sacramento area and San Fransisco Bay Area have gotten cell tower simulators from the FBI called Sting Rays. These boxes trick cell phones from vast parts of a city to connect to it. Once your cell phone is connected to a stingray box, cops have access to everything stored on your cell phone. They can read everything on your cell phone. They can put things on your cell phone. They can modify things on your cell phone. They can listen in on all your conversations. Cops use this technology for everything, including finding someone that stole 15 chicken wings. Maybe suspicion-less warrant-less mass surveillance doesn't bother you. Cops will only use this new super powers to help the weak and innocent.

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

The FBI tells cops to lie in court about evidence they steal from your phone and use your stolen info to come up with fabricated evidence against you instead.

https://theintercept.com/2016/05/05/fbi-told-cops-to-recreate-evidence-from-secret-cell-phone-trackers/

This is because cops steal everything from your cell phone with out a warrant, so it can't be directly used against you in court. Maybe you're okay with mass surveillance by cops and the FBI who deliberately lie to judges according to their own internal documents.

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You keep tip toeing around me, you voting for Hillary now?

--------------------

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Responded to you in the trump thread, no need to clutter this post. Lets keep this one on topic. What do you think about the story above where cops sucked all the data from hundreds of people's cell phones and claimed it was justified to catch someone that stole 15 chicken wings?

I hear people give up their 4th amendment rights and say "I have nothing to hide, so I don't care now that cops can remotely read everything on my phone with out me knowing." Isn't the same way of thinking about the 1st amendment to say "I have nothing to say so I don't care if cops take away my freedom of speech." Think about it, these people use crooked logic.

[ 2016-05-10, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The American Civil Liberties Union has published a list of police departments fully confirmed to use stingray devices on their citizens -------- https://www.aclu.org/map/stingray-tracking-devices-whos-got-them

On the list

• San Jose Police Department
  • Oakland Police Department
  • San Francisco Police Department
  • Sacramento County Sheriff

Palo Alto Police department is strongly rumored to also be using these devices. So have other departments in the Bay Area.

How is this constitutional ? [patriot]

[ 2016-05-11, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

What type of Chicken wings where they? If they were the lemon pepper ones at wing stop, those were probably worth the jail time.

--------------------

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Maybe making jokes makes you feel better about losing your rights. Have you seen the latest toy law enforcement has to snoop on your phone ?
-----
https://motherboard.vice.com/read/fbi-app-interception-systems When turned on these small boxes will steal gmail, facebook, instagram, dropbox and other passwords from everyone in the area! Not just the bad guys. Not just the minorities. Everyone. What are the chances they use these devices on spy planes they fly over large US cities? ---- https://www.yahoo.com/tech/fbi-behind-mysterious-surveillance-aircraft-over-us-cities-070836765--politics.html

Why is your government doing this to you? Why do you think it's their mission to always know where you are, who you talk to, and what you say? What could someone do with this information?

Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^ Posted at 2:30am with one hand typing on the keyboard, the other barely propping open his venecian blinds to see who's spying on him!!

[Eek!]

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Marks93 ------ Please explain. I tell you your rights have been taken away. You have to abide by laws and rules those with money and power don't have to. Those in power require to know everything you say, every where you go and who you speak to. Your come back to this is to attack me, the messenger. I could be the worse person in the world. The biggest criminal. I could kick puppies and steal candy from children. How does that change the facts I've been sharing with you? How does that change that the government records all of your texts, emails and phone calls? I inform you you've lost your freedom and liberty. Your only reply is to attack the person who enlightened you?
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Martinna:
Marks93 ------ Please explain. I tell you your rights have been taken away. You have to abide by laws and rules those with money and power don't have to. Those in power require to know everything you say, every where you go and who you speak to. Your come back to this is to attack me, the messenger. I could be the worse person in the world. The biggest criminal. I could kick puppies and steal candy from children. How does that change the facts I've been sharing with you? How does that change that the government records all of your texts, emails and phone calls? I inform you you've lost your freedom and liberty. Your only reply is to attack the person who enlightened you?

-

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just have to add that did you guys know that one in ten people you live by is a pedophile!!!!! Not me though, i just live next to a couple gorgeous 10 year olds
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think it's fair to say that you can consider us all warned. Thanks to you, we now know that we are losing our civil liberties at an alarming rate. We are very grateful for your time. No need to remind us of the truth anymore. Consider your work here done.

Cheers!

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

quote:
Originally posted by [SHO]TIME:
I just have to add that did you guys know that one in ten people you live by is a pedophile!!!!! Not me though, i just live next to a couple gorgeous 10 year olds

Did you do this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P6uhKSvgbE&feature=youtu.be

--------------------

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

After Clinton got away with multiple crimes against the state, I have to quote what I wrote earlier.

quote:
Originally posted by Martinna:
Marks93 ------ Please explain. I tell you your rights have been taken away. You have to abide by laws and rules those with money and power don't have to.

Surveillance is the tool those with money and power use to apply leverage against those with out money and power.
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Have you gentlemen seen the automatic license plate readers cops are using? They record your license plate, time and GPS location. San Fransisco PDs ALPR in action

-

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com