Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Scholarship for College...APPLY (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Scholarship for College...APPLY
exchp6400
¯
Member # 4803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for exchp6400  Ford pictures for exchp6400    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Guys,

So I am a Board Member for the Hispanic Community Affairs Council Scholarship. It is based in Hayward, CA and we offer a renewable scholarship for college students.

-$750 for 2 year institution or Career Technical Education students

-$1500 for 4 year institution students

Please see website for details

APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEB. 12, 2016.

http://www.hcac-ac.org/

--------------------
87 Buick Turbo T | 90 GT | 93 Typhoon

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was wondering if a white guy who is bilingual can apply? I see on the website only hispanic looking people so that's why I'm asking, thanks.
exchp6400
¯
Member # 4803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for exchp6400  Ford pictures for exchp6400    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Must be of Hispanic heritage. Anyone in family Hispanic?

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No, I'm just a plain old white person unfortunately [Frown]
Thanks aways

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Edit: found it on the site. I'm not an Alameda resident.

[ 2016-02-05, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: Black 02 SS ]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

exchp6400
¯
Member # 4803

Alameda County resident

--------------------

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
I was wondering if a white guy who is bilingual can apply? I see on the website only hispanic looking people so that's why I'm asking, thanks.

Its members of the Hispanic community trying to give a kid a better opportunity because they don't have the white privelege white people do due to racial barriers European ancestors built this country on raping and pillaging the native population which was at one point close to 90 million on both north and South America prior to European exploration. Aztecs and Mayans didn't land on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock landed on them.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
quote:

Its members of the Hispanic community trying to give a kid a better opportunity because they don't have the white privelege white people do due to racial barriers European ancestors built this country on raping and pillaging the native population which was at one point close to 90 million on both north and South America prior to European exploration. Aztecs and Mayans didn't land on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock landed on them.
Oh, you mean when the Spaniards (Spanish) landing in North America? Yeah that was bad for the natives. Those Spaniards really were something else indeed.

Sounds like i should pay for this forever since I was heavily involved in slave trading, raping, pillaging, etc. from what you just stated. Whitey needs to pay until he can't pay anymore. In fact, privileged whitey should really be exterminated from everything I've read about them. Only whites have done any of these horrific deeds since the dawn of time.

Now Swedish, that is really white...watch out for them especially! They are extremely white and privileged because of that.

As far as the Aztecs and Mayans having anything to do with Plymouth Rock when they are far far away from that...
[Confused]

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Originally posted by Redline Autosports:
Must be of Hispanic heritage. Anyone in family Hispanic?

I think you should change the title of the the message. I clicked on this topic because it sounded like anyone could apply. Only Hispanics can apply for this. Don't be afraid to say it like it is, this is America.

Title should say: "Hispanics can apply for this college scholarship" This is who you are targeting so don't be afraid to say so.

Does a Spaniard from Europe count as Hispanic to apply?

--------------------

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought we settled this inequality stuff when we set OJ free

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh, you mean when the Spaniards (Spanish) landing in North America? Yeah that was bad for the natives. Those Spaniards really were something else indeed.

Sounds like i should pay for this forever since I was heavily involved in slave trading, raping, pillaging, etc. from what you just stated. Whitey needs to pay until he can't pay anymore. In fact, privileged whitey should really be exterminated from everything I've read about them. Only whites have done any of these horrific deeds since the dawn of time.

Now Swedish, that is really white...watch out for them especially! They are extremely white and privileged because of that.

As far as the Aztecs and Mayans having anything to do with Plymouth Rock when they are far far away from that...
[Confused]

My Danish side came from Denmark prior to the start of WWII due to Germany's aggression. Ever since arriving then we've had to bear the burden of white privilege and are responsible for the destruction of the native population that was dead hundreds of years before my grand mother's arrival to this country. So I'm guessing this is why white people cannot get the scholarship because they are the majority and regardless of when and where you came from they are responsible for the inequalities that exist. Duh

--------------------

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wait a second here, Only hispanics can apply? WTF I'm pretty sure if i had a scholarship available for only whites it would be considered racist!!!! Just like 20 years ago when i was in highschool and still to this day the mexicans could wear hats and shirts that say BROWN PRIDE , But I wear a WHITE PRIDE shirt and i'm a racist pig! isn't our country amazing. Might as well give them a escalade, free low income living and a foodstamp packet with purchase of tuition. LMAO
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
But lets be clear here by no means am i even close to being a racist My best friend since kindergarten just so happens to be the darkest skinned mexi on the planet.
lifted150
¯
Member # 14217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifted150  Ford pictures for lifted150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol.. what a joke
lifted150
¯
Member # 14217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifted150  Ford pictures for lifted150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[Confused]

My Danish side came from Denmark prior to the start of WWII due to Germany's aggression. Ever since arriving then we've had to bear the burden of white privilege and are responsible for the destruction of the native population that was dead hundreds of years before my grand mother's arrival to this country. So I'm guessing this is why white people cannot get the scholarship because they are the majority and regardless of when and where you came from they are responsible for the inequalities that exist. Duh
exactly!!! but i as i always remind my children, we strive through hard work and we are better than these people who use there race status to get things for free...my kids will get a scholarship strictly based on skill/education....i wouldnt have it any other way....good luck with your cracker jack scholarship fund...
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
White privilege lol. Idiots.

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The ignorance is STRONG on this forum. Such close minded people with no real sense of what goes on at higher education institutions. I could post a slew of scholarly articles explaining the barriers minorities face in seeking higher education but you close minded people could care less to educate yourselves and would rather stick with your own biased opinions.

For those of you who care, take a look at persistence rates beyond the first year for minorities vs whites at college/universities. Compare the rates at which they are granted degrees. Compare the length of time it takes to graduate from one group to the other. See for yourself if there is equity in STEM fields. Or for what reasons those from low SES backgrounds aren't able to complete their education (the barriers they face). Perhaps, you prefer to maintain the status quo and could give two shits. Or reading just isn't your thing [Razz]

[ 2016-02-06, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Black 02 SS ]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
By minorities you mean Black/Mexican. Asian/Middle Eastern/Indian doing just fine if not better than whites but then again their parenting culture is vastly different.

P.s. In STEM, especially tech field, be white if you wanna be the minority.

[ 2016-02-06, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: CoyoteMike ]

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
The ignorance is STRONG on this forum. Such close minded people with no real sense of what goes on at higher education institutions. I could post a slew of scholarly articles explaining the barriers minorities face in seeking higher education but you close minded people could care less to educate yourselves and would rather stick with your own biased opinions.

For those of you who care, take a look at persistence rates beyond the first year for minorities vs whites at college/universities. Compare the rates at which they are granted degrees. Compare the length of time it takes to graduate from one group to the other. See for yourself if there is equity in STEM fields. Or for what reasons those from low SES backgrounds aren't able to complete their education (the barriers they face). Perhaps, you prefer to maintain the status quo and could give two shits. Or reading just isn't your thing [Razz]

Point is, you can't have a white based anything in this "free" country of ours without being labeled racist.

Because whitey isn't a minority, apparently you can't have a white scholarship fund for underprivileged whites...which there plenty of them roaming around...FACT!

As far as you claiming all the obstacles and barriers these minorities face, why don't you name some of them?

My mom, her sister, and mother and father came here with absolutely nothing and not a word of English. She is white and fled there country when it was being bombed by the Russians. They left in winter in the middle of the night.

Through schooling and hard word did she become a citizen, work various jobs and makes enough on Social Security to make it by every month.

They left every singled possession behind so she and her family could survive and make something of themselves here. So because she is white, is that the only reason she made it in this country?
Privileged whitey living on social security?

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Persistence rates and whatever other statistics you wish to present are all bullshit. Maybe if you grew up in the 50-60s there were barriers to a lot of things. But most of the people on this forum grew up in the 80s and 90s and the only barrier to success is your own drive. I've met plenty of people in my lifetime who succeeded regardless of race gender having kids and still graduated and made something of themselves. People who like to perpetuate that there is some sort of barrier are race baiting organizations who are out there forcing less than deserving people get some sort of upper hand cause it was too hard to make it without help.

Fuck that

--------------------

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am still looking for this white privilege people speak of. I tell you it has yet to stop by my house yet. And if you want to go to school pay for it just like everything else in life.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Someone forgot to tell Asian's they can't get ahead without white privilege:

http://nypost.com/2015/12/29/from-nyc-to-harvard-the-war-on-asian-success/

"Here in New York City, Asian-Americans make up 13 percent of students, yet they win more than half of the coveted places each year at the city’s selective public high schools, such as Bronx Science and Stuyvesant."

Probably because Asian kids are not obsessed with swangin clapped out fox bodies trying to be the next hood millionaire rapper screaming "White privilege and racism!" and instead obsessed with school.

[ 2016-02-06, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: CoyoteMike ]

--------------------

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Originally posted by Redline Autosports:
Hey Guys,

So I am a Board Member for the Hispanic Community Affairs Council Scholarship. It is based in Hayward, CA and we offer a renewable scholarship for college students.

-$750 for 2 year institution or Career Technical Education students

-$1500 for 4 year institution students

Please see website for details

APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEB. 12, 2016.

http://www.hcac-ac.org/

Sorry, but I just can't get past the first line on the welcome part of the web page. It reads as follows:

"The mission of the Hispanic Community Affairs Council (HCAC) is to promote the value of education, cultural diversity, and community involvement."

How do you promote "cultural diversity" if there are only Hispanics involved in this? Maybe I don't get it and wouldn't mind being enlightened.

[ 2016-02-06, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: 9cobra7 ]

--------------------

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

quote:
Originally posted by CoyoteMike:

"Here in New York City, Asian-Americans make up 13 percent of students, yet they win more than half of the coveted places each year at the city’s selective public high schools, such as Bronx Science and Stuyvesant."

Probably because Asian kids are not obsessed with swangin clapped out fox bodies trying to be the next hood millionaire rapper screaming "White privilege and racism!" and instead obsessed with school.

Filipinos Come from a poor ass country too but you don't hear about them complaining about barriers, maybe it's because they all speaka English?

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CoyoteMike:

Filipinos Come from a poor ass country too but you don't hear about them complaining about barriers, maybe it's because they all speaka English?
Correction...speaka engrish.

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com