Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Star Wars The Force Awakens (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Star Wars The Force Awakens
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone go see it yet? I was lucky enough to see the advanced screening yesterday. I rather enjoyed the movie, they did the Hollywood thing and changed some of it, but that's okay, time to usher in these new characters anyways. Thoughts?

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Empire is still the best, but this one is a close second. Great movie all around.

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CoyoteMike:
Empire is still the best, but this one is a close second. Great movie all around.

I liked how they had elements of old, new and some of the Extended Universe. I'm glad they went the route they did.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was a good movie, i am going to see it again

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't understand the whole star wars hype. I couldn't stay awake when I tried to watch one of the original films [Embarrassed]
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
I don't understand the whole star wars hype. I couldn't stay awake when I tried to watch one of the original films [Embarrassed]

The movies from the 70s are so good, but I can see where you could get bored with them, since they were made in the 70s its a rough watch nowadays since we've been so spoiled.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
https://youtu.be/EYyuo7gm-aQ
https://youtu.be/7CzbXA53I24
Just saying

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

mikeP
¯
Member # 4489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeP  Ford pictures for mikeP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
quote:

The movies from the 70s are so good, but I can see where you could get bored with them, since they were made in the 70s its a rough watch nowadays since we've been so spoiled.
Bingo....That's why you never see kids playing street football anymore, you see them inside on their play stations playing madden nfl..Technology has changed since then. Has changed the whole world. I think we would have all been entertained with the cave man times watching chukka the cave man throwing a dinosaur bone as far as he can in those times....Diff times=Diff circumstances...

[ 2015-12-19, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: mikeP ]

--------------------
91 vert lx 5.0, 68 CS, 69 BB nova

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went to see this at the galaxy theater in river bank and I was very disappointed I kept on thinking that this is just a remake of a new hope

and then I could not figure out what killing Han had to do with any thing with Ren's abilitys

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Same here, I still haven't been able to sit through one Star Wars movie yet
But maybe if I grew up in the 70s I'd feel different about them

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I walked out of this last one
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The old ones were killer.

They lost me at Jar Jar Binks last movie..

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not really into it all either. Then you have all those idiots who dress up like a sasquatch waiting in line for hours just to tell there "friends" on Facebook they saw it 3 hours earlier than the rest of us [Confused]

You know a lot of those first people in got those front row seats nobody wants? Dumb shits.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
Not really into it all either. Then you have all those idiots who dress up like a sasquatch waiting in line for hours just to tell there "friends" on Facebook they saw it 3 hours earlier than the rest of us [Confused]

You know a lot of those first people in got those front row seats nobody wants? Dumb shits.

[worship] [Big Grin]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bunch of bitter road racers posting on this thread.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

LOL if they got in line and waited for hours they got to pick any seat they wanted. i only waited an hour and got any seat i wanted.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
quote:

LOL if they got in line and waited for hours they got to pick any seat they wanted. i only waited an hour and got any seat i wanted.
Lol, so if there's 200 seats available (for example) and 200 people go in to watch, there all going to get a good seat? All I know is many of them will get fucked and it's not gonna to be me lol

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
quote:

Lol, so if there's 200 seats available (for example) and 200 people go in to watch, there all going to get a good seat? All I know is many of them will get fucked and it's not gonna to be me lol
The people who waited hour(s) will, the people who waited an hour won't, keyword was "hours"

[ 2015-12-20, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Wildfire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

quote:
Originally posted by JZTRK:
I went to see this at the galaxy theater in river bank and I was very disappointed I kept on thinking that this is just a remake of a new hope

and then I could not figure out what killing Han had to do with any thing with Ren's abilitys

I wouldn't say it was an exact remake, but I can see the huge similarities. By Ben killing his father, that was the final.straw to cement his turn to the dark side. I was more tripped up by how Rey beasted on him in the end, like, this man was trained by Luke Skywalker and now has the power of the Dark Side coursing through him.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So this movie is supposed to take place after the 6th one correct? Well the 3rd old one lmao

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasvt8:
So this movie is supposed to take place after the 6th one correct? Well the 3rd old one lmao

30 years after Return of the Jedi.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

http://newsthump.com/2015/12/17/ive-never-seen-star-wars-the-new-im-a-vegan/

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:

Ren killing him made him more complete in the darkside of the force.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:

I wouldn't say it was an exact remake, but I can see the huge similarities. By Ben killing his father, that was the final.straw to cement his turn to the dark side. I was more tripped up by how Rey beasted on him in the end, like, this man was trained by Luke Skywalker and now has the power of the Dark Side coursing through him.
except Chewy had shot him with his blaster and he was injuried by Finn as well. I don't think he was 100%

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Anyone go see it yet? I was lucky enough to see the advanced screening yesterday. I rather enjoyed the movie, they did the Hollywood thing and changed some of it, but that's okay, time to usher in these new characters anyways. Thoughts?

Which character did you dress up as when you went to see it? How many other people dressed up, just curious?

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com